THE BROWNS BOARD

Help wanted/Now hiring

Coyote

The company I work for is hiring. We are the 3rd largest bottle maker in the world. We are now hiring Process technicians, line technicians and tow motor drivers. We are need of 15-20 people. Our business is very busy and need reliable people. You'll need to pass a drug screen and have reliable transportation. Openings are for 2nd and 3rd shifts, and 12 hour night shifts. Process techs start at $16/hr, Lines techs $13.50/hr and tow motor drivers $14.50 /hr. Paid on the job training. Full benefits including 401k. We get a merit based raise every year around Thanksgiving. Use my name as a reference and I will share part of a referral bonus with you after you are there for 1 year. I have worked there for 32 years. The factory is located in Medina. Please send me a PM for details.

• Upvote 1

Thanks.   The starting pay ain't bad.   And you do get raises at 3 and 6 months I believe.   As long as a person wants to work, and is not a screw up, they can work here as long as they want. 

On 2/6/2021 at 11:03 PM, The Gipper said:

If I hear of anyone here in Medina Co.  (where I live)....I will give them the heads up.    (but soon you will probably have to be paying that $15.00 per hour rate for everyone)

Fact is are you going to pay anyone $30,000 a year to make french fries ?  Those are entry level positions for kids or retirees.

Raise the wage yes, in big cities with high cost of living yes but 🚫 not everywhere for anyone.  Big companies are now and will increase automated kiosks to make 🍟 fries and flip burgers and many other jobs.

.......edit, they pay entry EMTs and LPNs $15/hour those people have told me that they'd quit in a minute to do an easy job for $15/hour !

The resulting spiraling wages will be devastating.

30 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Fact is are you going to pay anyone $30,000 a year to make french fries ?  Those are entry level positions for kids or retirees.

Raise the wage yes, in big cities with high cost of living yes but 🚫 not everywhere for anyone.  Big companies are now and will increase automated kiosks to make 🍟 fries and flip burgers and many other jobs.

.......edit, they pay entry EMTs and LPNs $15/hour those people have told me that they'd quit in a minute to do an easy job for $15/hour !

We will survive....and thrive. Trust me. 

35 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

That, or they will just cut peoples hours and raise prices.  Its a really bad idea that I hope doesn't pass.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

We will survive....and thrive. Trust me. 

Have you seen the burger & fries and more kiosks that work with virtually NO employees ? I have and they can work 24/7 never report off and can replace dumb employees that screw up orders and NO cashier's you just insert your card and type in your order.......and $15/hour will make them more profitable.

Adios those jobs !

Just now, mjp28 said:

Have you seen the burger & fries and more kiosks that work with virtually NO employees ? I have and they can work 24/7 never report off and can replace dumb employees that screw up orders and NO cashier's you just insert your card and type in your order.......and $15/hour.

Adios those jobs !

I didn't stutter. 

2018..... https://sf.eater.com/2018/6/21/17489084/creator-robot-burgers-san-francisco

SanSan Francisco is ground zero for tech companies, from social media to bioengineering. It’s also a city obsessed with food, and often the first destination for international chains like Michelin-starred Tsuta Ramen to break into the U.S. market. It’s a city teeming with early adopters and forward thinkers, like the team behind Creator, both a restaurant and a culinary robotics company that will offer the world’s first robot-made burgers when it opens in SoMa on June 27.

The machine isn’t a parody of a human with robotic arms and fingers, flipping burgers and assembling buns on a conveyor belt. It’s an all-inclusive burger-making device that accomplishes every part of the burger’s preparation, from slicing and toasting the brioche buns to grinding meat and searing the burger to order in five minutes.......

• Thanks 1

2020........   https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/6/21503892/miso-robotics-flippy-roar-robotic-fry-chef-on-sale-price

Miso Robotics is one of the many firms trying to automate food preparation, and today, it announced that its latest machine — which places its burger-flipping bot Flippy on rails to move it about the kitchen more easily — is now on sale globally.

Prices for the contraption (known as the Flippy Robot-on-a-Rail or Flippy ROAR) start at $30,000, though Miso Robotics wants to bring the cost down to $20,000 in the future. The company is also offering the option to hire Flippy ROAR for $1,500 a month, a fee which includes maintenance and upgrades and which Miso says is cheaper overall than hiring humans.

Like Flippy before it, Flippy ROAR is designed to automate simple food prep, specifically anything involving fryers and grills. The robot uses machine learning to identify foodstuff and a camera array (which includes a 3D depth-sensing cam from Intel and a thermal camera) to navigate its environment. A robotic arm then wields a spatula and grabs baskets full of food to fry.......

• Thanks 1

At $15/hr, most places will have a lot more part-time employees. Which will save companies money, as they won’t have to offer them benefits 

20 hours ago, mjp28 said:

2020........   https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/6/21503892/miso-robotics-flippy-roar-robotic-fry-chef-on-sale-price

Miso Robotics is one of the many firms trying to automate food preparation, and today, it announced that its latest machine — which places its burger-flipping bot Flippy on rails to move it about the kitchen more easily — is now on sale globally.

Prices for the contraption (known as the Flippy Robot-on-a-Rail or Flippy ROAR) start at $30,000, though Miso Robotics wants to bring the cost down to $20,000 in the future. The company is also offering the option to hire Flippy ROAR for $1,500 a month, a fee which includes maintenance and upgrades and which Miso says is cheaper overall than hiring humans.

Like Flippy before it, Flippy ROAR is designed to automate simple food prep, specifically anything involving fryers and grills. The robot uses machine learning to identify foodstuff and a camera array (which includes a 3D depth-sensing cam from Intel and a thermal camera) to navigate its environment. A robotic arm then wields a spatula and grabs baskets full of food to fry.......

they are among us

On 2/9/2021 at 3:53 PM, The Gipper said:

These fast food places would institute this type of technology whether they were paying  7.25 an hour of $15.00 an hour. Guaranteed. 

EVERY burger joint around us has HELP WANTED signs up in the windows at $7-8/hr they can't find enough good, dependable help.

Raise that to $12-15/hr and that will dry up alot.

At $15/hr it will make it much easier to justify the machines taking those jobs and as they get more popular and affordable.......well you know the rise of the burger joint machines !

I've talked with a lot of people who would quit higher work and stress jobs (LPNs, EMTs, etc) and jump on the $15/hr $30,000/year FT "easier" jobs.  Wouldn't you in their position ?

20 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

EVERY burger joint around us has HELP WANTED signs up in the windows at $7-8/hr they can't find enough good, dependable help.

Raise that to $12-15/hr and that will dry up alot.

At $15/hr it will make it much easier to justify the machines taking those jobs and as they get more popular and affordable.......well you know the rise of the burger joint machines !

I've talked with a lot of people who would quit higher work and stress jobs (LPNs, EMTs, etc) and jump on the $15/hr $30,000/year FT "easier" jobs.  Wouldn't you in their position ?

Then they would be stupid.   It is going to happen.  Get used to it.