THE BROWNS BOARD

Man carrying assault weapon attends Obama protest

I agree with this type of protest. It is your right to carry a firearm. These people were exercising their rights, nothing wrong with this.

Here is a quote,

"Paul Helmke, president of the Washington, D.C.-based Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, said people should not be allowed to bring guns to events where Obama is. To me, this is craziness," he said. "When you bring a loaded gun, particularly a loaded assault rifle, to any political event, but particularly to one where the president is appearing, you're just making the situation dangerous for everyone."

I would guarantee one thing, NO ONE would be trying to kill the president if these people are around. Who would be the first there to save his life if there was a crazy person trying to kill the president, the dude with the assault rifle. Just because you carry a weapon doesn't make you crazy. Believe me the people you find out are crazy, are the ones you didn't know had any weapons in the first place.

It's actually ironic, the same people Obama is trying to take their rights away from, are the same people that would step in and save his life at the drop of a hat.

Welcome to the Gun Show

I support the right to bear arms. No question about it.

At the same time, there is a time and a place for it. I'm not sure that bringing it to an event where a President is, makes sense.

Actually, it doesn't make sense. Only makes NRA-types look ultra dangerous.

IMHO, it is more likely that somebody who sees the rifle jumps the guy because they think he is there to shoot the President, rather than protect him.

This is nothing but a thinly veiled threat. Symbolic threat, perhaps, but a message nonetheless.

At the same time, there is a time and a place for it. I'm not sure that bringing it to an event where a President is, makes sense.

That is like saying you can only vote at this station if your white. If there is no legal basis for not being able to carry a weapon. The protest is saying there are people that know their rights. This was genius in all honestly, 20 people carrying guns made national news to shed light on how Obama is trying to take their rights away. I bet you 80% of the people who voted Obama have no clue.

But, is carrying a "loaded" gun, (I assume it was NOT loaded, for crying out loud...), around where the pres is,

common sense, even when it's a right?

But if the gun is empty, and the person gun carrier has no ammo, is just making a political statement,

how is that any kind of problem?

Maybe I missed it, but when did the gun get a "loaded" status?

I went to a tea party, and there was a guy with his wife and kids there, and he had a pistol in it's holster

clearly visible at his waist. Didn't bother me.

Unless society crashes, carrying a loaded gun to an event is just not common sense, too much a chip on the carriers' shoulder,

imho, and sends a counter-productive message...

There is nothing wrong with carrying his gun with him there, he was exercising his rights as an american citizen. there are no ands ifs or buts its a right.

If it was Acorn carrying then what?

Also was an asssault rifle or was it a hand gun? Paul Helmke and the rest of those commi's at the brady center are a bunch of bed wetters and would cry if a kid had a pop gun.

Last week there was another man who was carrying a hand gun, the police pulled him aside to ask questions but they left him alone. I just saw the article on CNN they showed the picture of the man and his ASR15

Last week there was another man who was carrying a hand gun, the police pulled him aside to ask questions but they left him alone. I just saw the article on CNN they showed the picture of the man and his ASR15

He was on a naval ship?

Archived