THE BROWNS BOARD

Wizard of Oz reboot

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/wonderful-wizard-of-oz-remake-1234904194/

Actually I have no problem with this hideout the Judy Garland classic followed the book too closely. And whether a new vision is great or sucks out loud has absolutely nothing to do with the stature of the original as one of the small number of true landmarks in the movie industry.

I'm going to predict at least a little bit of stinkage from the politically correct gang.

WSS

Why would you be making a stink over it?    Like it said there.....this is not really the first time the Wizard of Oz has been "re-imagined".  

There was, of course,  The Wiz.

Then  The Tinman.

Oz The Great and Powerful with James Franco,  which I actually liked quite a bit  (told the "backstory" of the Wizard)

But, I don't think there has ever been a movie made of the book  "Wicked", though the play was a big hit.   (though I have never seen it.)

And, I am sure there have been any number of other adaptations. 

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Why would you be making a stink over it?    Like it said there.....this is not really the first time the Wizard of Oz has been "re-imagined".  

There was, of course,  The Wiz.

Then  The Tinman.

Oz The Great and Powerful with James Franco,  which I actually liked quite a bit  (told the "backstory" of the Wizard)

But, I don't think there has ever been a movie made of the book  "Wicked", though the play was a big hit.   (though I have never seen it.)

And, I am sure there have been any number of other adaptations. 

Where did I say that and what the fuck are you talking about?

WSS

16 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I am talking about different renditions of the Wizard of Oz that have been made over the years. 

I know what you're talkin about yes there have and I don't care about any of them and like I said in my post doing a remake or another take on the book doesn't bother me at all. Read the first line of your post.

Hollywood stinks from political correctness for the last few years and I would expect that crowd would insist this movie be written that way.

WSS

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I know what you're talkin about yes there have and I don't care about any of them and like I said in my post doing a remake or another take on the book doesn't bother me at all. Read the first line of your post.

Hollywood stinks from political correctness for the last few years and I would expect that crowd would insist this movie be written that way.

WSS

You’re sounding paranoid over political correctness that you must see under every rock. I don’t see it much. Yes