THE BROWNS BOARD

Hall of Fame debate rages on

22 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Devo was never a cover band as devo. It was always a performance art piece based on a sort of jokey theory one of the casale's came up with at kent state with another guy who was a founding member of the band but left before the mothersbaugh brothers got involved. I would consider them peers to the early new wave art house types like the talking heads. While the talking heads went on to have better careers in the late 70s when that scene was hitting it's groove at cbgb and max's kansas city Devo was a way more fully formed concept. Sadly they sort of flamed out after 'freedom of choice' in my opinion. Their first two albums were all time classics for me though. I prefer the early incarnation before the ziggurat hat days 

devodkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkHARDCORE.jpg

We were playing out around that area quite a bit from 1970 on; that's not the way I remember it but it's possible I could be mistaken.

WSS

On 3/19/2021 at 12:54 PM, The Cysko Kid said:

Devo was never a cover band as devo. It was always a performance art piece based on a sort of jokey theory one of the casale's came up with at kent state with another guy who was a founding member of the band but left before the mothersbaugh brothers got involved. I would consider them peers to the early new wave art house types like the talking heads. While the talking heads went on to have better careers in the late 70s when that scene was hitting it's groove at cbgb and max's kansas city Devo was a way more fully formed concept. Sadly they sort of flamed out after 'freedom of choice' in my opinion. Their first two albums were all time classics for me though. I prefer the early incarnation before the ziggurat hat days 

devodkdkdkdkdkdkdkdkHARDCORE.jpg

https://dangerousminds.net/comments/q_are_we_not_men_the_origins_of_devos_theory_of_de-evolution

Good read on Devo’s early influences. There was a series of wild religious pamphlets written in the 1920s that touted the theory of de-evolution (in response to the theory of evolution of course) which is where the name stems from and some of their earlier work is based off.

8 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

https://dangerousminds.net/comments/q_are_we_not_men_the_origins_of_devos_theory_of_de-evolution

Good read on Devo’s early influences. There was a series of wild religious pamphlets written in the 1920s that touted the theory of de-evolution (in response to the theory of evolution of course) which is where the name stems from and some of their earlier work is based off.

But, isn't it fair to say that  devolution may be just another form of  evolution to what seems to be a lesser species, but really is not?

Take birds that evolved from dinosaurs.  Birds are an apparent lower life form from dinosaurs, but is that really true?  They are certainly a much smaller, generally less intimidating life form,  but are they really inferior? I mean, most birds can fly where nearly no dinosaurs could.  That seems to me like a superior physiological trait than just being massive in size. 

And take the "Grey Aliens".    Some have surmised that they are not aliens at all....but actually  evolved...or devolved  humans  who have come back in time to study the origin  or our species.  They are seemingly  are a smaller, weaker physical form,  yet clearly if they are capable of time/space travel, they will be highly evolved intellectually.  

So, which is it? 

19 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I haven't read your link yet but I assume you mean jocko homo heaven bound