THE BROWNS BOARD

Its Official , BOTH Pounceys retire

The Gipper

Interesting stories......

Maurkice Pouncey and Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger are close friends and often vowed to play as long as the other. Each has a contract that runs through the 2021 season, though Roethlisberger has not announced his intentions for the upcoming season. With his retirement, Pouncey leaves behind $6.475 million in dead cap, but he saves the team $8 million in cap space.

And.......

"As I write this farewell speech I cry & laugh that twin boys from Lakeland FL that grew up in poverty made it this far in life both living out NFL dreams," Maurkice wrote.

The twins kind of hit the NFL lottery, good for them.

That gets Ben Roethlisberger closer to retirement, right? I heard that whatever Pouncey did would determine if he kept playing or not... Plus there was all that mic'd up convo after the loss against the Browns in the Wildcard game. 

1 minute ago, mjp28 said:

Interesting stories......

Maurkice Pouncey and Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger are close friends and often vowed to play as long as the other. Each has a contract that runs through the 2021 season, though Roethlisberger has not announced his intentions for the upcoming season. With his retirement, Pouncey leaves behind $6.475 million in dead cap, but he saves the team $8 million in cap space.

And.......

"As I write this farewell speech I cry & laugh that twin boys from Lakeland FL that grew up in poverty made it this far in life both living out NFL dreams," Maurkice wrote.

The twins kind of hit the NFL lottery, good for them.

LoL just posted seconds after you. Great minds think alike.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nero said:

That gets Ben Roethlisberger closer to retirement, right? I heard that whatever Pouncey did would determine if he kept playing or not... Plus there was all that mic'd up convo after the loss against the Browns in the Wildcard game. 

No.  I doubt it.   He will make his own independent decision.

I think it does say though that they are both just  31 years old...which I think is very young for an  OLineman to retire. 

It's amazing to me how many people forget how these two fervently defended Aaron Hernandez, despite likely being there the night of the incident. I'll never get over that as part of their legacies, cause it wasn't just "he's a friend and we want him to have support". It was wearing "free Aaron hernandez" shit, stalked and harrassed the family of the dude who was murdered, etc.

One

Two

The conclusion I draw from the above 2 articles is that the Pounceys are reflexively defensive of anyone they know - which shows naivete when it comes to Hernandez' gang affiliation and trafficking.

And I can't find anything even obliquely referencing the stalking/harassing.. If you can substantiate that, please do.

Long analysis of Aaron Hernandez Netflix series -- pouncey's only there talking about weed and Toradol, a painkiller..

Rolling STone article -- apparently Urban Meyer assigned the Pounceys to "baby-sit" Hernandez.  Smoking that weed would have been more productive..

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

It's amazing to me how many people forget how these two fervently defended Aaron Hernandez, despite likely being there the night of the incident. I'll never get over that as part of their legacies, cause it wasn't just "he's a friend and we want him to have support". It was wearing "free Aaron hernandez" shit, stalked and harrassed the family of the dude who was murdered, etc.

I had forgotten.  Thanks for reminding us.

Well look who just opened up about $14.5mmm in cap space...

JJ will sign for less than that.

And tOSU's Myers would nicely fill the new hole in their OL... Steelers do love them some Buckeyes.

6 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

And tOSU's Myers would nicely fill the new hole in their OL... Steelers do love them some Buckeyes.

I would love to get Myers and there is no way in hell jj comes to pgh for that amount of money. If he does it will be as close to vet minimum as possible to play with his brothers. He is otherwise playing somewhere else. The Steelers need to find ways to keep players we actually need. I’d love JJ but only if it’s cheaaaaaaaaap.

2 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

They fly trump flags as well. I haven’t been a fan of either brother for a long while now. Thx for the work on the field. The rest can go away forever.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Does it?  Or was that already taken into account.    Besides, I understand they need to  open up at least that much again...just to break even.  And to sign JJ they would have to open up another double that amount. 

5 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

One

Two

The conclusion I draw from the above 2 articles is that the Pounceys are reflexively defensive of anyone they know - which shows naivete when it comes to Hernandez' gang affiliation and trafficking.

And I can't find anything even obliquely referencing the stalking/harassing.. If you can substantiate that, please do.

Long analysis of Aaron Hernandez Netflix series -- pouncey's only there talking about weed and Toradol, a painkiller..

Rolling STone article -- apparently Urban Meyer assigned the Pounceys to "baby-sit" Hernandez.  Smoking that weed would have been more productive..

I’m trying to be as nice as possible, but your first two sources are such bullshit to me. Loyal to a fault is such a tired ass excuse to try to give shitty as people a pass. Loyalty shouldn’t matter when guys are murdering people in cold blood. Aaron was overtly guilty and these dudes were clubbing mocking a man who was murdered in hats. Immaturity is getting too drunk and ending up in the drunk tank. I’m not going to grant that same pass for dudes who willingly wore merch supporting a murderer.

The second source is such an obvious homer piece you may as well cast marge as its wife. The pounceys hung out with Aaron his whole adult life. a simple Google search shows the amount of times they went out. You’re telling me they had NO idea the monster that man was? You’re entitled to your opinion man, but nah big time for me. 

I want to be sure to note I appreciate you you bringing sources. I hope that doesn’t come across sarcastic, I do mean it. On my phone but I’ll note those you asked for next week.

18 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Yep. A very large portion of that team assembled by Meyer ended up with criminal records. Two murders I think .

Would be a great 30 for 30

23 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

You’re telling me they had NO idea the monster that man was?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

Anything bad about Aaron would get swept under the rug of confirmation bias.  Pounceys didn't/couldn't admit even to themselves that they had been spending time ["having fun!"] with a guy who was true evil.  And I'd bet Aaron said some random fake goodness to those two exclusively about how he was sorry he was an ass sometimes - or some such - to make them trust him further.  That's why every time the neighbors of convicted serial killers are interviewed, the comment is "He was such a nice kid."

Socio/psychopathy is NEVER guessed by anyone around the person.. easy to forget that being charming&manipulative 1:1 is also easy for the dark triad type of person.  This isn't letting Pounceys off the hook at all -- rather it simply makes them normal because they had no experience identifying that type of abnormal personality. 

Also.. the part that really isn't talked about at all in life: Once you identify a person in your life as a sociopath, what are you going to do about it? And how are you going to do it -- keeping in mind that your first goal has to be that the sociopath doesn't know that you have identified them as evil, because the sociopath is obviously going to attack you next if they find out that you know?

The Pounceys inability to perceive that they were getting manipulated [to say good things to Meyer, to "be his friend" even when he did nothing for them, etc] could be very similar to the reasons why people get caught up in cults, fall victim to scams, throw $ at fake preachers. Happens all the time to all kinds of people.. and nobody knows until the truth outs that they're supporting a monster.

Luckily, Hernandez earns just about a zero rating on his ability to skillfully plan and conceal his crimes, so he'd never work on Wall Street.  The CTE didn't help..

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

Anything bad about Aaron would get swept under the rug of confirmation bias.  Pounceys didn't/couldn't admit even to themselves that they had been spending time ["having fun!"] with a guy who was true evil.  And I'd bet Aaron said some random fake goodness to those two exclusively about how he was sorry he was an ass sometimes - or some such - to make them trust him further.  That's why every time the neighbors of convicted serial killers are interviewed, the comment is "He was such a nice kid."

Socio/psychopathy is NEVER guessed by anyone around the person.. easy to forget that being charming&manipulative 1:1 is also easy for the dark triad type of person.  This isn't letting Pounceys off the hook at all -- rather it simply makes them normal because they had no experience identifying that type of abnormal personality. 

Also.. the part that really isn't talked about at all in life: Once you identify a person in your life as a sociopath, what are you going to do about it? And how are you going to do it -- keeping in mind that your first goal has to be that the sociopath doesn't know that you have identified them as evil, because the sociopath is obviously going to attack you next if they find out that you know?

The Pounceys inability to perceive that they were getting manipulated [to say good things to Meyer, to "be his friend" even when he did nothing for them, etc] could be very similar to the reasons why people get caught up in cults, fall victim to scams, throw $ at fake preachers. Happens all the time to all kinds of people.. and nobody knows until the truth outs that they're supporting a monster.

Luckily, Hernandez earns just about a zero rating on his ability to skillfully plan and conceal his crimes, so he'd never work on Wall Street.  The CTE didn't help..

Shouldn't most of that be on the polyboard?  LOL! 🤡