THE BROWNS BOARD

Corey Williams 3-4 v 4-3

David Sentendrey

Not sure if anyone has been talking about this, but in his interview, which is posted on clevelandbrowns.com and discussed in the Plain Dealer, Williams says that he would love to be back in a 4-3, but he is still happy in Cleveland.

With his response, there was no hesitation. He laughed and immediately responded to the reporter that he would love for his role to be in a 4-3. While players can tell the press they are confident every day and have high expectations, the proof is in the pudding and the Browns defensive front looked soggy at best.

I know it is just preseason, I know Shaun Rogers was not playing the nose, but I have little faith that Williams is going to make an impact at helping us stop the run this season. There is hope for everyone, and I hate to say this, but it may be beneficial to listen to any trade talks from teams that need defensive lineman to get at the quarterback in exchange for anything that can help us stop the run.

I hate to be a naysayer, but Week 1 against Adrian Peterson may get ugly, especially with Favre now wearing purple.

Archived