THE BROWNS BOARD

Tax Returns

BaconHound

23 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Conservative Judges support release of Trump tax returns 

Yes they did. My point is the same as always if there was something illegal why hasn't the IRS done something about it? But in more importantly We all know this is a fishing expedition and the democrats will find something that they think sounds outrageous and flog that Dead Horse for months. But you can choose to respond or not but I will ask you to think about this… I know some liberals and some conservatives find encroachments of government into privacy a big deal. I personally don't because I don't have much to hide from a government agency. Nothing actually.  But it sure seems to me that this is the thin end of the wedge when it comes to personal privacy. Besides the petty never ending attacks on Donald Trump think about the effect on actual society.

WSS

PS  Personally I think the hipaa laws are stupid But enough people freaked out about that that they had to be written. I wonder if it's the same group who demands to see everyone's financial records?

6 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Yes they did. My point is the same as always if there was something illegal why hasn't the IRS done something about it? But in more importantly We all know this is a fishing expedition and the democrats will find something that they think sounds outrageous and flog that Dead Horse for months. But you can choose to respond or not but I will ask you to think about this… I know some liberals and some conservatives find encroachments of government into privacy a big deal. I personally don't because I don't have much to hide from a government agency. Nothing actually.  But it sure seems to me that this is the thin end of the wedge when it comes to personal privacy. Besides the petty never ending attacks on Donald Trump think about the effect on actual society.

WSS

PS  Personally I think the hipaa laws are stupid But enough people freaked out about that that they had to be written. I wonder if it's the same group who demands to see everyone's financial records?

I don’t think a government agency reviewing a government document is invading privacy.  I do have an issue with a government agency tapping my phone without getting a warrant but that is appropriate these days.

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Said it elsewhere Steve- if Trump's records are all on the up and up, great. He can then claim with justification, it was just another witch hunt. Did see an article where he could potentially get into trouble is telling the IRS he's broke, and telling banks at the same time another story. Also, donating property to land trusts (several times) and vastly overstating the value of said land, taking huge tax write offs in the process.  Would that be criminal? Doubtful. As a Dentist friend of mine once said- claim all your income, you can haggle about your deductions later.  BTW, I find it mighty curious (at least according to the NY Times report)  a supposed billionaire can wind up paying little or no taxes for years.  :)  

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Said it elsewhere Steve- if Trump's records are all on the up and up, great. He can then claim with justification, it was just another witch hunt. Did see an article where he could potentially get into trouble is telling the IRS he's broke, and telling banks at the same time another story. Also, donating property to land trusts (several times) and vastly overstating the value of said land, taking huge tax write offs in the process.  Would that be criminal? Doubtful. As a Dentist friend of mine once said- claim all your income, you can haggle about your deductions later.  BTW, I find it mighty curious (at least according to the NY Times report)  a supposed billionaire can wind up paying little or no taxes for years.  :)  

safe_image_php.jpg.b3dabb87744085916026ef4c0144ddad.jpg

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, hoorta said:

So again you suspect the IRS looked the other way?

Number two that's how it works in commercial real estate. Sorry it doesn't seem fair to you but anybody would pay the smallest amount of taxes possible. How many stories do we see about Google and Facebook and all these almost trillionaires not paying dick. But nobody cares because they're lefties. And do a search for business horror stories about Microsoft.

My guess is he's not as rich as he claims. Same reason Obama won't disclose his undergrad records because he probably isn't as smart as you people claimed he was and he probably slid into Harvard through affirmative action. Which takes away from the boast that he's the smartest guy in the world.

WSS

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

BTW, I find it mighty curious (at least according to the NY Times report)  a supposed billionaire can wind up paying little or no taxes for years.  :)  

Kudos to Trump’s accounting firm, they’ve earned their money.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, BaconHound said:

I don’t think a government agency reviewing a government document is invading privacy.  I do have an issue with a government agency tapping my phone without getting a warrant but that is appropriate these days.

If you say so. Nothing to stop it from happening to somebody that you like and when that happens we'll talk again. But as far as a warrant for tapping her phone I assume you mean hiring somebody to provide a fake dossier or something would be good enough for that?

Just reminding you guys you can't ask Pandora to take just one demon out of her box because it's Trump.

WSS

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Civil liberties used to be something conservatives and liberals met in the middle on. The concept of the govt meddling in their personal affairs was quite unacceptable to both.

From what l gather this has something to do with a court case though, so whatever these tax records are needed for, it must be pertinent to the case but likely won’t become public record. 

It’s probably worth pointing out that something in those tax records could be perfectly legal as far as the IRS is concerned but illegal from the state of New York’s tax code. Some states are tougher than others when it comes to taxes, and New York has a reputation of being pretty tough. 

Nonetheless none of it is worth a whole lot of time speculating about it imo. Something will come of it or it won’t. Respond accordingly if and when that happens. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

If you say so. Nothing to stop it from happening to somebody that you like and when that happens we'll talk again. But as far as a warrant for tapping her phone I assume you mean hiring somebody to provide a fake dossier or something would be good enough for that?

Just reminding you guys you can't ask Pandora to take just one demon out of her box because it's Trump.

WSS

If the local DA wants my tax returns have at it.  No I was referring to the “Patriot Act” that so many wrapped around themselves like a star spangled banner.

1 hour ago, BaconHound said:

If the local DA wants my tax returns have at it.  No I was referring to the “Patriot Act” that so many wrapped around themselves like a star spangled banner.

I'd rather know how lifetime politicians like Pelosi and Biden making $200,000 are worth Hundreds of million dollars.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, BaconHound said:

Like I said personally I have nothing to hide. And I'm assuming the IRS goes through my tax report every year. 

So this ruling dovetails with the Patriot Act? Or the Fourth Amendment?

By the way, I'm not a huge fan of the latter.

I guess if I thought there was something actually illegal that the IRS has overlooked that's one thing. Just a fishing Expedition for embarrassing news for MSNBC? Not so much.

Sooner or later though the Biden Administration is going to need to stand on its own two feet as opposed to just hounding former President Trump.

WSS

52 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Yes.  If the DA wants to view my birth certificate, IRS forms, DMV record or any other “non-public” government document, have at it.

For the government to “spy” on in the moment on private conversations they should have to obtain permission from the court.

Like what Obama did to Candidate and then President Trump...

• Sad 1