THE BROWNS BOARD

Every American who voted against Pres Trump...gave America this disaster

calfoxwc

43 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

This probably deserves its own thread but I did your work for you guys. And this is from CNN who has hated Trump since his inauguration day and before like the Mongoose hates the cobra. Check out the first one hahaha hahaha

WSS

Got a link Bud?

16 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Actually since nobody really knows any off the top of their head go ahead and visit Google and list me five lies that make the slightest bit of difference. And the ones that are outright lies to deceive somebody or just bulshit?

WSS

It’s a fair amount of articles to sift through to try to pinpoint the most damaging lies. I think there’s maybe only 2 or 3 posters here that would participate in this, so for the sake of my own time and allowing room for others to participate, l’ll do 2 of them. 

The first would be that the election was stolen. I really think that was a damaging lie for the national psyche. You can see the evidence of that on this board here and in the events on Jan 6th. When people are angry and feel justified in their anger, they are capable of doing greater harm because they feel they are in the right.

I’ve really tried to give the mass voter fraud thing a fair shake too. I figure it’s worth getting to the bottom of it to figure out if it really happened and how. After everything l’ve read though l’m convinced it simply wasn’t a significant factor in the election.

Cal broke the news here of Maricopa county doing a forensic audit of their election equipment. I followed that story closely thinking l could surmise some generalities of the election process as a whole across the country and that there would be mutual interest on the board here to share in the findings.

They found no fraud. At no time was the equipment connected to the internet. No evidence of malware. No evidence of tampering. They recounted and reran the ballots and the results were accurate. 

There’s only 2 companies in the US that do these types of audits, and they hired both of them. And Maricopa has a lot of republicans in their local govt, 

Another poster here posted a site about the many court cases Trump initiated on the grounds of voter fraud. That was interesting too. Some of those are still ongoing at last check. And he did win some, though not the ones that would affect the election outcome.

As a result of those cases l think some good will come out of it. Some of them had to do with time frames on when a mailed in ballot can be received to be counted and things like that, something l think that is good for a national election. Every state sort of made up their own rules when it came to mail in ballots (just like they set their own hours at the polls) so some standardization is probably needed when a national election is involved. 

But still, no smoking gun of mass voter fraud was found, and l don’t think will be found. 

And that’s all l have for that one. The next one l pulled from this article.

https://www.nrdc.org/trump-lies

It’s a long one that looks well written with supporting citations and such. The one l’ll cite deals with Trump’s rhetoric on clean energy sources and how it’s expensive and people lose jobs because of it. Copy and paste time.

Lie

“I will say this. I don’t want to give trillions and trillions of dollars. I don’t want to lose millions and millions of jobs. I don’t want to be put at a disadvantage.”
—October 11, 2018, interview on 60 Minutes, following both Hurricane Michael and the release of the latest IPCC report

Reality

The claim that clean energy policies will wreck the economy is one of the biggest lies wielded against climate action. The Trump administration uses this lie to justify rollbacksthat favor big polluters—and the president’s political cronies—all while pushing us closer to climate catastrophe.

In fact, energy efficiency is the fastest-growing job sector in the energy industry—employing twice as many workers as all U.S. fossil fuel sectors combined. According to the latest report by E2, a nonpartisan organization that advocates for environmentally and economically smart policies, clean energy jobs now employ 3.2 million Americans. (At last count, Trump’s beloved coal industry employed 76,000.)

Paste complete. The article details a series of lies about clean energy that effectively eroded support for it. Eroded support led to making less headway on effectively developing cleaner energy.

I’ve speculated before that the environment is an area where republicans are poised to become champions because it creates jobs and places to hunt. Some of our earliest conservationists were guys like  Teddy Roosevelt. I’m not sure how republicans let that one get away from them other than it has to do with financial backing from coal and oil.

13 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

It’s a fair amount of articles to sift through to try to pinpoint the most damaging lies. I think there’s maybe only 2 or 3 posters here that would participate in this, so for the sake of my own time and allowing room for others to participate, l’ll do 2 of them. 

The first would be that the election was stolen. I really think that was a damaging lie for the national psyche. You can see the evidence of that on this board here and in the events on Jan 6th. When people are angry and feel justified in their anger, they are capable of doing greater harm because they feel they are in the right.

I’ve really tried to give the mass voter fraud thing a fair shake too. I figure it’s worth getting to the bottom of it to figure out if it really happened and how. After everything l’ve read though l’m convinced it simply wasn’t a significant factor in the election.

Cal broke the news here of Maricopa county doing a forensic audit of their election equipment. I followed that story closely thinking l could surmise some generalities of the election process as a whole across the country and that there would be mutual interest on the board here to share in the findings.

They found no fraud. At no time was the equipment connected to the internet. No evidence of malware. No evidence of tampering. They recounted and reran the ballots and the results were accurate. 

There’s only 2 companies in the US that do these types of audits, and they hired both of them. And Maricopa has a lot of republicans in their local govt, 

Another poster here posted a site about the many court cases Trump initiated on the grounds of voter fraud. That was interesting too. Some of those are still ongoing at last check. And he did win some, though not the ones that would affect the election outcome.

As a result of those cases l think some good will come out of it. Some of them had to do with time frames on when a mailed in ballot can be received to be counted and things like that, something l think that is good for a national election. Every state sort of made up their own rules when it came to mail in ballots (just like they set their own hours at the polls) so some standardization is probably needed when a national election is involved. 

But still, no smoking gun of mass voter fraud was found, and l don’t think will be found. 

It’s a long one that looks well written with supporting citations and such. The one l’ll cite deals with Trump’s rhetoric on clean energy sources and how it’s expensive and people lose jobs because of it. Copy and paste time.

Lie

“I will say this. I don’t want to give trillions and trillions of dollars. I don’t want to lose millions and millions of jobs. I don’t want to be put at a disadvantage.”
—October 11, 2018, interview on 60 Minutes, following both Hurricane Michael and the release of the latest IPCC report

Reality

The claim that clean energy policies will wreck the economy is one of the biggest lies wielded against climate action. The Trump administration uses this lie to justify rollbacksthat favor big polluters—and the president’s political cronies—all while pushing us closer to climate catastrophe.

In fact, energy efficiency is the fastest-growing job sector in the energy industry—employing twice as many workers as all U.S. fossil fuel sectors combined. According to the latest report by E2, a nonpartisan organization that advocates for environmentally and economically smart policies, clean energy jobs now employ 3.2 million Americans. (At last count, Trump’s beloved coal industry employed 76,000.)

Paste complete. The article details a series of lies about clean energy that effectively eroded support for it. Eroded support led to making less headway on effectively developing cleaner energy.

I’ve speculated before that the environment is an area where republicans are poised to become champions because it creates jobs and places to hunt. Some of our earliest conservationists were guys like  Teddy Roosevelt. I’m not sure how republicans let that one get away from them other than it has to do with financial backing from coal and oil.

Lots of stuff there. And you can tell from a cut and paste that these are Trump haters writing the article. Just for now I wonder why two passages. The first is quote. The left-wing publication called that Ally. Read it. At face value he says he doesn't want to give trillions he doesn't want to lose millions of jobs. For that to be a y you would have to accept the proposition that he does want to give trillions and lose millions of jobs.

Now for the follow-up what these lefties call reality. Since the economy has yet to be wrecked by  liberal energy policies that's neither a lie nor the truth it's a prediction. It may or may not come true correct? I personally even as a lay person, would predict that taking away the United States position as an energy producer making us more reliant on Middle Eastern Oil ending fracking which will make even the reduced amount of us energy production more costly and a loss of United States jobs because of s*** like the green New Deal would be a good bet as economy killer.  Yes? No? So when these people write articles and call everything a lie whether it is or not and suckers like the Trump haters believe it... Draw your own conclusion.

Oh the second one to pop into my mind was no evidence of massive voter fraud. What you called massive depends what you call impropriety. There was plenty of evidence that the never trumper's decided not to even look into. So that's a toss-up. In Georgia there were thousands of votes deemed improper for many reasons. Turned in too late no verifiable signature dead people blah blah blah. They should have never been added back in to the voting records but Stacey Abrams sister did just that. Even a moron knows what a razor thin margin the senate race was. Those fraudulent votes could have easily made the difference. Other states? Other places? Maybe. Maybe not. So if you're going to take this route I suggest you get some more verifiable lies. Quotes and the like. And not just the claims of a Lie by some left-wing rag.

WSS

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Vambo said:

Russian Collusion did extreme harm and set up the events of Jan 6.

Bret l Kavanaugh 

The two Impeachments

2020 was the fairest election ever.

Biden got more votes than any other candidate in history.

Actually Biden did get more votes because with the fraud you went and otherwise mail-in voting there were more votes cast than ever before. Trump got the second largest number of votes in an election are the most for any Republican. Just for the record.

35 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Lie

Reality

Do you have Kamaltoe and AOC posters hanging all over your house?

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

Lots of stuff there. And you can tell from a cut and paste that these are Trump haters writing the article. Just for now I wonder why two passages. The first is quote. The left-wing publication called that Ally. Read it. At face value he says he doesn't want to give trillions he doesn't want to lose millions of jobs. For that to be a y you would have to accept the proposition that he does want to give trillions and lose millions of jobs.

Now for the follow-up what these lefties call reality. Since the economy has yet to be wrecked by  liberal energy policies that's neither a lie nor the truth it's a prediction. It may or may not come true correct? I personally even as a lay person, would predict that taking away the United States position as an energy producer making us more reliant on Middle Eastern Oil ending fracking which will make even the reduced amount of us energy production more costly and a loss of United States jobs because of s*** like the green New Deal would be a good bet as economy killer.  Yes? No? So when these people write articles and call everything a lie whether it is or not and suckers like the Trump haters believe it... Draw your own conclusion.

Oh the second one to pop into my mind was no evidence of massive voter fraud. What you called massive depends what you call impropriety. There was plenty of evidence that the never trumper's decided not to even look into. So that's a toss-up. In Georgia there were thousands of votes deemed improper for many reasons. Turned in too late no verifiable signature dead people blah blah blah. They should have never been added back in to the voting records but Stacey Abrams sister did just that. Even a moron knows what a razor thin margin the senate race was. Those fraudulent votes could have easily made the difference. Other states? Other places? Maybe. Maybe not. So if you're going to take this route I suggest you get some more verifiable lies. Quotes and the like. And not just the claims of a Lie by some left-wing rag.

WSS

The cut and paste was definitely written by Trump haters. It would’ve been nice to find one less obviously skewed, but those seem to be hard to come by when the topic is Trump’s lies. This is s time consuming endeavor you know.

All l’m getting at is that he’s made claims that renewable energy is expensive, it costs jobs, and even that it’s dirty. But none of that’s true. It’s a growing industry that creates jobs. It’s affordable and is indeed cleaner than fossil fuels. I hate to go all linkfest on you but l tried to find ones that were less skewed with data. One is a .org and the AP isn’t too bad.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/grist.org/briefly/we-fact-checked-donald-trumps-latest-comments-on-renewable-energy/amp/

https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-ap-fact-check-joe-biden-donald-trump-technology-dd10b705845e945c4c33f62640ccd246

https://morningconsult.com/2020/10/30/renewables-fossil-fuels-jobs-election/

I’ll admit l haven’t really delved into the “Green New Deal” yet. My initial thoughts are that it’s too much too soon. While l’m in favor of going to more renewable energy sources, l’d like to see it done over a span of time that allows for a more natural transition.

And as far as the election was stolen, l dunno man. It seems like this was the most poked and prodded election ever. Nobody has the time or is allowed to count the votes themselves, but l’m convinced the results are what they are and claiming they are not is counterproductive at best. If you buy into the stages of grief concept it just leaves a whole lot of people stuck in the mire of denial.

2 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

All l’m getting at is that he’s made claims that renewable energy is expensive, it costs jobs, and even that it’s dirty.

of course all of that is true. It is expensive especially at this juncture of History. Sorry folks wind and solar aren't ready to take over the job of powering the country yet. Some day? I doubt it. I think the future of energy is nuclear especially when combined with LED but the lefties wet their pants when you mention that.  And with nuclear and led you can power a university with the amount of energy that used to be needed for just the library . Less lesss need for human effort Less jobs. Right?

Dirty? Even with nuclear the disposal of the waste is going to be a huge problem. And is anyone under the impression that a lithium mine is more beautiful and pristine than a refinery?

By the way I'm not taking a stand one way or the other on the energy just saying that what he said was absolutely true. And it might change some day. So where is the LIE

• Upvote 1

Nuclear is efficient, but not really considered a renewable energy source. It’s dependent on plutonium. I’m referring more to solar, wind, hydroelectric, geothermal. Basically things dependent on stuff that can reasonably be expected to be around for centuries, or if they aren’t we’re pretty much screwed anyway. Sun, wind, rivers, earth. 

And l’d agree they’re not ready to take the place of fossil fuels, but in time l may be more optimistic than you.

The links l provided were meant to show they are affordable, cleaner for the environment and create jobs. The lie would be that they are expensive, cost jobs and are somehow dirtier. 

What reliable data is out there that shows coal or oil to be cleaner than wind or solar? Or that renewable energy eliminates jobs?

5 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Actually Biden did get more votes because with the fraud you went and otherwise mail-in voting there were more votes cast than ever before. Trump got the second largest number of votes in an election are the most for any Republican. Just for the record.

To many DEAD people voted for Biden and also people voted from vacant lots or jails, seems odd that none of the discrepancies went Trumps way..,

36 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

If anyone gave a fuck about abundant clean and cheap energy we'd be heavily investing in nuclear power instead of dicking around with solar and wind farms 

Yep, the French are using 2nd generation nuclear power (ie; no nuclear waste) to power 70% of their country.

I think the US should adopt this strategy until we can bridge the future with something better.

• Thanks 2