THE BROWNS BOARD

Brett Favre who???

WPB Dawg Fan

This is a nice little tidbit....I like the fact the Browns get 3 mentions:

Ten things Favre should fear in AFC North

August 19, 2009 4:00 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's James Walker

Everyone is aware now that Brett Favre is the newest member of the Minnesota Vikings.

But Favre and Minnesota also happen to play the entire AFC North this year in an interconference showdown.

With that said, here are the top 10 things the 39-year-old quarterback should be leery of when playing the AFC North this season:

10. The Dawgpound.

9. Terrell Suggs coming off the edge.

8. Ray Lewis knocking Adrian Peterson out of the game.

7. A hungry "Big Snack."

6. Getting into a shootout with Carson Palmer.

5. Eric Mangini, Favre's former coach, knowing all his tendencies.

4. Shaun Rogers beating a Minnesota double-team.

3. A pick six from Troy Polamalu.

2. Two pick sixes from Ed Reed.

1. James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley making a Favre sandwich.

To be honest...unless AP gets off huge...I think Favre may be in for a LOOOOONG opening day in Cleveland.

As much as I love the Browns, I think AP is gonna run all over the place, because that's just what he does. Even on a bad day he still rushes for 85 yards on 18 carriers and scores a TD. Consequently, if its one thing Minnesota does well, its that they take away the running game of the opponent. They force you to pass, and then guys like Jarred Allen take over and play in your backfield the rest of the evening.

I'm hoping Minnesota has a little rust and the Browns snake out a win, but they were in league with the best teams in the league without Brett Favre, and now with him they're even more of a favorite than before. It should be fun to watch, that's for sure.

So 3 for the Browns, 3 for the Ravens, and 3 for the Steelers. No surprise that the only thing Farve has to fear from Cincy is its offense...

And why are so many people giving them sleeper status this year? Child Please.

This isn't real. These things really didn't happen. The Browns, Ravens and Steelers really didn't do those things to him.

It's speculation.

Archived