THE BROWNS BOARD

Price Increase

Bob806

I received an e mail today- my Browns seats are going up $300 ($150 per seat, I have 2 in the Upper Deck, section 536).

While I'm not totally shocked, I think it's a bold move during the tough economic times. To be fair, the Browns really haven't raised ticket prices much the last 10-15 years.

Well my stimulus money is just about all gone....

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bob806 said:

I received an e mail today- my Browns seats are going up $300 ($150 per seat, I have 2 in the Upper Deck, section 536).

While I'm not totally shocked, I think it's a bold move during the tough economic times. To be fair, the Browns really haven't raised ticket prices much the last 10-15 years.

And to be fair.....or just striking while the iron's hot......the BROWNS haven't really had a great team in ages until just recently.  

You would think they have a hot chance to win the AFCN and move on and up.

So how many of you guys are going to ante up and go for it ?  

........oh we still are waiting for the last of our $2,800 stimulus check and still need two new garage doors and finish our downstairs half bath although I'd much rather blow it on BROWNS tix !

GO 2021 BROWNS, just keep winning....... baby !     :)

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

And to be fair.....or just striking while the iron's hot......the BROWNS haven't really had a great team in ages until just recently.  

You would think they have a hot chance to win the AFCN and move on and up.

So how many of you guys are going to ante up and go for it ?  

........oh we still are waiting for the last of our $2,800 stimulus check and still need two new garage doors and finish our downstairs half bath although I'd much rather blow it on BROWNS tix !

GO 2021 BROWNS, just keep winning....... baby !     :)

Oh, I'm going for it lol. 

Sat through all the dismal crap between 2008-2017, so I (we) have no choice but to go all in. Things are looking up for sure, just please give us the 1pm starts....not a fan of MNF personally, I'm too impatient to wait that extra day.

• Upvote 1

I would assume you've all been expecting a rate hike.  They're still one of the cheapest NFL tickets.   Hey, the money for OBJ's orange Rolls has to come from somewhere...

Heard a Bills fan rant about his increase today via radio.. Does this sound that bad, compared to Browns tickets price hike?

The Buffalo Bills are announcing their 2021 season ticket prices and they are coming with a cost hike. On average, ticket prices will increase by roughly $8 per game across the board, according to the figure released by the team, and for the first time ever the average price will top $100 per game.

Here is the breakdown of the price increases:

• 25 percent of seats will increase $13 to $19;

• 46 percent of seats will increase $6 to $12;

• 29 percent of seats will increase $5 or less.

“The average cost of a general admission seat will be $82.14 in 2021, an increase of $7.68 per game. A club seat will average $253.96 per game, an increase of $10.48,” reports The Buffalo News.

That’s still pretty darn low compared to the rest of the NFL. According to a team spokesman, that’s 20 percent less than the league average. According to the reports, 20 percent of the stadium’s seats are still $55 and under for a single game ticket.

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

20 percent of the stadium’s seats are still $55 and under for a single game ticket.

I'd say, GO THERE and watch games!  Except, Bills fans can be bat-shit-crazy!

9 hours ago, Bob806 said:

I haven't heard yet- but a price increase after they've been sitting on my money for a year is bullshit. Welcome to the world of a captive audience. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

I have 2 club seats.  They went up $250 each/$500 per year, so $25 per game per seat.  My 2 seats now cost me $4008 per year.

The additional $8 would trigger me lol.

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

I haven't heard yet- but a price increase after they've been sitting on my money for a year is bullshit. Welcome to the world of a captive audience. 

Welcome to the world of winning teams. LOL! You should see the "losing" prices for Dallas and count yourself very lucky.😂

3 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I have 2 club seats.  They went up $250 each/$500 per year, so $25 per game per seat.  My 2 seats now cost me $4008 per year.

Wow......when you put it like that.  Four grand to watch BROWNS football...... priceless !   

How many of you would prefer to buy a really nice new TV for a grand and get NFL.net or whatever ?

GO 2021 BROWNS, we love 💓 you at any price as long as we get to watch you.........baby !

26 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Wow......when you put it like that.  Four grand to watch BROWNS football...... priceless !   

How many of you would prefer to buy a really nice new TV for a grand and get NFL.net or whatever ?

GO 2021 BROWNS, we love 💓 you at any price as long as we get to watch you.........baby !

I keep waiting for when I can order it pay per view from my cable provider.  I just don't want a dish.  Another increase or two and I will probably be at the dump point.  I don't live up there.  I live in Tennessee 11 miles from the Georgia state line, so going to games costs an additional $500  or more per weekend when you add in 3-4 nights in a hotel, meals, travel expense, etc.  Shoot, even more than that.  I have thought about renting an apartment up there to have for games and actually living in the area for the cooler summer months.  Basically live there from say June through September/October, then back here the rest of the year except for game weekends.    It's a long one way drive...near 600 miles but I usually do that at least one leg of my current trips anyway.  I might need to look in to that.  We've been talking about doing the same with staying here and renting an apartment in Florida, but either way we get long hot summers doing that...and winters here aren't bad at all.  It's not like we can't go to Florida for a few weeks in February.    Hmmmmm...I could probably get a decent 2 bedroom apt up there for $800 a month...no?

2 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I keep waiting for when I can order it pay per view from my cable provider.  I just don't want a dish.  Another increase or two and I will probably be at the dump point.  I don't live up there.  I live in Tennessee 11 miles from the Georgia state line, so going to games costs an additional $500  or more per weekend when you add in 3-4 nights in a hotel, meals, travel expense, etc.  Shoot, even more than that.  I have thought about renting an apartment up there to have for games and actually living in the area for the cooler summer months.  Basically live there from say June through September/October, then back here the rest of the year except for game weekends.    It's a long one way drive...near 600 miles but I usually do that at least one leg of my current trips anyway.  I might need to look in to that.  We've been talking about doing the same with staying here and renting an apartment in Florida, but either way we get long hot summers doing that...and winters here aren't bad at all.  It's not like we can't go to Florida for a few weeks in February.    Hmmmmm...I could probably get a decent 2 bedroom apt up there for $800 a month...no?

Apartment rents have gone up.  A decent 2 bedroom will cost around 1200 a month or so.  You could find one for 800, but I doubt you would like it.

https://www.apartments.com/

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Welcome to the world of winning teams. LOL! You should see the "losing" prices for Dallas and count yourself very lucky.😂

Oh, I know what they charge at Jerry World, the Meadowlands, and Gillette.  Small consolation. Big markets with a much higher cost of living. They're pricing us average schmucks out of the stadium. It will get to the point- you won't need to be a dedicated fan anymore- you'll just need a lot of money and want the "experience". Like those millionaires and movie stars sitting courtside at a Lakers game.  Like Ballpeen, my tickets went up $25 per. Since the Browns already have my money from last year- they're "only" hitting me and my pal up an additional $500 each.  :( Catching up on lost revenue from 2020? For sure. 

Next year may be a different story, and has me questioning if the game experience is really worth it.  $3,000- means $300 bucks for the pair of game tickets, $50 in gas and a total of six hours of driving. I'm fortunate that I have plenty of relatives I can freeload off of overnight- or bribe them with a game ticket. $400 for NFL Sunday ticket instead is starting to look like a bargain. 

4 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Disclaimer- I have Directv. Regarding Sunday Ticket- the way folks are bailing out on Direct- for obvious reasons (my bill is $160 a month, and my only luxury is $15 a month for Sports Time Ohio) and heading to the far cheaper streaming services- it's only a matter of time that D* isn't going to be able to afford it as an exclusive & a loss leader just to attract and keep customers.  I've never understood the NFL's logic in that regard anyway. Far more profitable to spread it out over say 3-5 providers than extort Direct for $1.5 billion each year.  EDIT, PS- Direct would have to have roughly 25% of their subscribers sign up for Sunday Ticket- just to break even. It's probably more than that, because they give it away to any new subscriber, as a teaser. 

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/techland/will-nfl-sunday-ticket-leave-directv-173238

The Cliff notes version...  

"However, there have been rumblings that this exclusivity is coming to an end. The current agreement expires after the 2022 season, and there has been talk of late, especially with the DirecTV ownership situation in flux, that DirecTV may lose its exclusivity, or perhaps lose the package altogether.

Now, a new report is naming some potential suitors for the coveted NFL service.

Sports Business Daily is reporting that several media companies, including Amazon, ESPN, Comcast and the sports streaming service DAZN, “have showed some interest” in Sunday Ticket, with the first three companies likely tying them up in some way with Amazon Prime, ESPN+ and Peacock, respectively. DAZN is an independent company, headed by former ESPN executive John Skipper, which is known for showing boxing, mixed martial arts, soccer and other international sports.

It’s unclear how the package would be delivered by those potential digital partners, or whether the NFL will choose one exclusive partner or more than one."

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Disclaimer- I have Directv. Regarding Sunday Ticket- the way folks are bailing out on Direct- for obvious reasons (my bill is $160 a month, and my only luxury is $15 a month for Sports Time Ohio) and heading to the far cheaper streaming services- it's only a matter of time that D* isn't going to be able to afford it as an exclusive & a loss leader just to attract and keep customers. 

The "net neutrality" bill that passed a few years ago has killed any savings.

I canceled DirecTV because AT&T took it over and jacked the rates sky-high. Thought I'd save money via streaming, and streaming has gone up from $5/month to $65 since this net neutrality bullshit in about a year's time frame. And right now, my present provider Hulu doesn't carry Sportstime Ohio or Fox Sports Ohio, so I can't watch the Cavs or the Tribe. Rumor has it the Dolans are going to start their own network.

So yeah, the consumer loses. Billionaires like the Dolans make out, while letting Cy Young winners and all star shortstops leave. 

Net Neutrality....yeah it's more like consumers being neutered, bilked, ripped-off. It sucks.

• Upvote 1

I mean, I get it and obviously declining revenues from last year played a big part. I just think it would have been a nice, solid business move gesture to significantly lessen the price increase for people who have owned season tickets for say 10+ years. People who WILLINGLY gave money to this organization during that time frame, in my opinion, deserve some sort of recognition of that. To be very honest (not that I lived close) and no disrespect of course, but until this season you couldn't have paid me to own season tickets. I can understand the backlash from people in this bucket.

• Upvote 1

It isn't really backlash from me.  I am a realist.  The Browns don't owe me anything other than to try to field a winner.  They don't owe any season ticket holder anything.  Ownership doesn't owe for loyalty. They don't owe anyone anything just because they have held season tickets for a long time.  I half expected a price increase.  We just won a playoff game.  Our tickets are some of the cheapest in the league.  I don't buy that Cleveland should somehow be cheaper.  If they didn't again have a waiting list for season tickets I might buy in to that, but they do.  Obviously there are several thousands people who don't think it is too expensive.

On 3/9/2021 at 10:32 AM, mjp28 said:

48 minutes ago, ballpeen said:

It isn't really backlash from me.  I am a realist.  The Browns don't owe me anything other than to try to field a winner.  They don't owe any season ticket holder anything.  Ownership doesn't owe for loyalty. They don't owe anyone anything just because they have held season tickets for a long time.  I half expected a price increase.  We just won a playoff game.  Our tickets are some of the cheapest in the league.  I don't buy that Cleveland should somehow be cheaper.  If they didn't again have a waiting list for season tickets I might buy in to that, but they do.  Obviously there are several thousands people who don't think it is too expensive.

Well, then, if the highlighted area is what they owe....then they have gone deep in debt to us for which  one playoff season is merely a meager down payment. 

Note I said "try" to field a winner.  

Though the team has pissed away a fairly large portion of my life trying, I never felt that they weren't, though I did feel that Randy Lerner didn't really care about what the Browns did since he wasn't a fan of the game.

The only thing the Browns owe us is to try to field a good team and be good corporate  citizens...both of which I think they are and have been.

4 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Note I said "try" to field a winner.  

Though the team has pissed away a fairly large portion of my life trying, I never felt that they weren't, though I did feel that Randy Lerner didn't really care about what the Browns did since he wasn't a fan of the game.

The only thing the Browns owe us is to try to field a good team and be good corporate  citizens...both of which I think they are and have been.

Fair point.

Nevertheless,  I also think that at points there have been a few people working for the Browns who were just here for the paycheck....and their "effort"  at trying to win was completely lacking:   Mike Holmgren,  Lomas Brown, Mike Lombardi.... a few others.