THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL moving to 17 game season

LondonBrown

9 hours ago, Axe said:

17 is fine with me if we lose the almost pointless 4th preseason game to be replaced by the almost pointless 3rd preseason game ;)

We are losing the 4th preseason game...which is being replace by the 17th regular season game.   And we will now have  3 preseason games.  But how do you get it that  the 3rd game "replaces"   the 4th game?  

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

But how do you get it that  the 3rd game "replaces"  the 4th game?  

I'm guessing he meant that since the 3rd game was always considered a "dress rehearsal" where the starters played the most, now that will change to the 2nd game since the coaches will want to rest the starters a full week before the opener, making the 3rd game the useless one... all to which I agree with him. 

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

So?  What the fuck IS going on with the schedule this year.   They have known they are going to go to 17 games since like a year ago.   Usually the schedule is released around  April 15,   which was like  2 weeks ago almost.

::::::

OK, after checking, I am seeing this:   May  12 is the release date.   Almost a month later than usual:

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-regular-season-schedule-to-be-released-may-12-on-nfl-network-nfl-com#:~:text=Around the NFL-,2021 NFL regular-season schedule to be released May,on NFL Network%2C NFL.com

Here is schedule without dates:  

With Covid waning  except among the young or the stupid who refuse to be vaccinated  it is expected that we may have full stadiums this year.  

I assume that also means we can also hold our  annual Browns Board Tailgate.   The issue there is can our out of country compadres make it here.

I have made a couple of road tailgates in the past.  It may be slightly  possible this year,  depending on timing.  I am going to be in  Connecticut for a week.  I will be staying less than  100 miles from Foxboro Mass.   If they scheduled the Browns there  for like either  Sept.  26 or  Oct.  3rd  I could possibly get there....if a  group were to go there for a tailgate.     Alternately,   I have a week in SFO  from Thurs.  Nov. 18 to Thurs Nov.  25.   I had planned to head north of SFO for the week prior.......but,  if  the  Chargers game were to be scheduled  around that time,  I could go south to LA rather than north.   Again, that is IF  a group here were thinking about heading out that way.  But, we have over  2 weeks to wait to see that schedule.