THE BROWNS BOARD

And the Kicker Who Gave the Bengals Their Win Is...

dencyguy

Chad Johnson (sorry, I just can't bring myself to type it in). Maybe Chad Spanish Euphemism for 85 that I Refuse to Type. Via ESPN:

>>The only touchdown came on J.T. O'Sullivan 24-yard pass to Chris Henry in the back left side of the end zone with 1:55 left in the half. Then the former Chad Johnson trotted onto the field and lined up behind holder Kevin Huber. The snap, hold and kick all worked as planned.

" 'Esteban' Ochocinco is back, the most interesting footballer in the world," Ochocinco said. "Everyone has to remember, I've always said that soccer is my No. 1 sport. I think Ronaldinho would be proud of me right now."<<

Dennis

Given the fact that he's not TO and he's not gotten busted for shooting himself, beating his girlfriend, or taking steroids, Johnson is the NFL's most lovable knucklehead. I'll admit to getting a chuckle out of the story.

I think he's the kind of guy if he had played in the 70's would be like Billy "white shoes" Johnson. But since everyone is so sensitive and politcally correct all the time, he's criticized for having fun playing a game. I think some of his celebrations have been hilarious, same with TO...are either one of these really that bad when you really think about it?

I think he's the kind of guy if he had played in the 70's would be like Billy "white shoes" Johnson. But since everyone is so sensitive and politcally correct all the time, he's criticized for having fun playing a game. I think some of his celebrations have been hilarious, same with TO...are either one of these really that bad when you really think about it?

TO is based solely on the fact that he throws every single quarterback he plays with under the bus, often while he's still on the same team. If there's a valid criticism of Johnson, it's not his antics, it's the fact that he makes himself a distraction by demanding a trade every year. At the same time, it's kind of hard to side too much with the rest of the Bengals when they complain about it, because it's not like they were tearing it up before he got there. But certainly if you look at his teammates, Johnson should be the least of the Bengals' worries. And if I had to play in Cincinnati, I'd try to find ways to entertain myself and demand a trade at every turn as well.

Dennis

Guest Aloysius

Rey Maualuga had a decent Bungle debut. By my count, he had 3 tackles, 2 TFL's, and a QB pressure.

He only played one snap against the Patriots' 2nd team offense. On it, he cleaned up after Domato Peko blew up a running play, notching a TFL. Unfortunately, it looked like he re-aggravated his groin/hamstring injury on that play and immediately went to the sideline.

When he returned in the second half, he did a nice job reading a screen for TFL #2. He got the QB pressure on a play where he blitzed from the strongside and the RT didn't pick him up.

He took some bad angles on a couple plays and had one of his tackles broken, but none of those mistakes burned the Bengals. After the missed tackle, however, he went down on the sideline and had the training staff look at his knee. It didn't look all that serious.

He mostly came off the field on passing downs. Probably because of his injuries - the Bengals' coaching staff has been pretty adamant about him being an every down LB.

Archived