THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns given "zero shot" at the playoffs (Fox Sports)

OconRecon

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9950260...idway?GT1=39002

The "E's ≠ MC²"

These teams have absolutely zero shot at the playoffs this season.

Cleveland Browns: Eric Mangini and offensive coordinator Brian Daboll take over a team that failed to score an offensive touchdown in the last six games of '08. Cleveland's defense will be better in '09, but that might not be enough. No Kellen Winslow, Jr., a 30-year-old Jamal Lewis nearing 2,500 career carries, no depth at any skill positions other than quarterback and four games against the Steelers and Ravens that certainly don't help.

---

I don't think we've been ever been this far off the radar. Everyone is expecting bupkis from the Browns. Steelers and Ravens supposed to be strong and SportsCenter won't shut up about OchoCinco this morning.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

These guys also forget that in those last 6 games we played with Ken Dorsey and Bruce Gradkowski at QB, and unfortunately those guys proved to NOT be NFL QBs. (are either of them on a roster this year?)

And, in a lot of opinions, the K2 thing may have been addition by subtraction. (I am not sure I agree with that, but it is plausible)

remember 2007?

Ranked #32 by EVERYBODY thru preseason and up until week 2.

Lums...we don't agree on much, but I think we do on this one! Preseason rankings don't mean squat! 2007 was a perfect example...in fact, so is 2008! Teams aren't always as they seem on paper!

Lums...we don't agree on much, but I think we do on this one! Preseason rankings don't mean squat! 2007 was a perfect example...in fact, so is 2008! Teams aren't always as they seem on paper!

The fact is, every year practically 1/2 of the teams that made the playoffs the prior year fail to go back the next year. That means that there are numerous new faces each season in the playoffs.

These guys also forget that in those last 6 games we played with Ken Dorsey and Bruce Gradkowski at QB, and unfortunately those guys proved to NOT be NFL QBs. (are either of them on a roster this year?)

Gradkowski plays for the Raiders and Dorsey is on the roster of the UFL team from New York.

And, in a lot of opinions, the K2 thing may have been addition by subtraction. (I am not sure I agree with that, but it is plausible)

Yeah actually...Gradkowski went 9/16 for 161 yards and 1 TD and NO INT with a QBR of 111.7 in the Raiders' win over Dallas.

Hell...Charlie Frye went 7/12 for 80 yards and 1 TD/0 INT with a QBR of 106.3 in that same game.

The fact is, every year practically 1/2 of the teams that made the playoffs the prior year fail to go back the next year. That means that there are numerous new faces each season in the playoffs.

We might surprise, but the odds say we won't be very good.

When you publish something like this, you just go with what logic tells you.

As fans, we to varying degrees allow emotion to grab hold.

Go back and look at his post. He's trying to indicate that DA made the difference in game 2 and beyond. And to the blind eye, it's believeable.

To the educated eye, it's Retarded.

Go back and look at his post. He's trying to indicate that DA made the difference in game 2 and beyond. And to the blind eye, it's believeable.

To the educated eye, it's Retarded.

Point taken...regardless, it still applies. The Browns were nowhere on the radar during preseason. They finished 10-6. Can't argue that point. And DA did make a huge difference from week 2 in '07. I'm not going to deny that. It is what it is. He played great for a few games in '07 then went on a steady decline and seems to still be on that same slope. But you can't take away what he did then just because he sucks now. I'm willing to give credit where credit is due.

Yeah actually...Gradkowski went 9/16 for 161 yards and 1 TD and NO INT with a QBR of 111.7 in the Raiders' win over Dallas.

Hell...Charlie Frye went 7/12 for 80 yards and 1 TD/0 INT with a QBR of 106.3 in that same game.

... and Cutler had a rating of 28.1 last Saturday.

I sure am glad we're basing this QB competition on crappy pre-season games. <_<

Point taken...regardless, it still applies. The Browns were nowhere on the radar during preseason. They finished 10-6. Can't argue that point. And DA did make a huge difference from week 2 in '07. I'm not going to deny that. It is what it is. He played great for a few games in '07 then went on a steady decline and seems to still be on that same slope. But you can't take away what he did then just because he sucks now. I'm willing to give credit where credit is due.

Sure... he took over for an insanely incapable Charlie Frye and got some wins while defenses weren't familiar with him for a while.

No doubt.

These teams have absolutely zero shot at the playoffs this season.

Cleveland Browns: Eric Mangini and offensive coordinator Brian Daboll take over a team that failed to score an offensive touchdown in the last six games of '08. Cleveland's defense will be better in '09, but that might not be enough. No Kellen Winslow, Jr., a 30-year-old Jamal Lewis nearing 2,500 career carries, no depth at any skill positions other than quarterback and four games against the Steelers and Ravens that certainly don't help.

It is hard to believe that they have drawn this conclusion more out of the absence of KW 2 and an aging Lewis. While we will not make it to the playoffs it will not be cos our Tight End is not KW2 or cos JL is old. Infact i still expect JL to be the statistically best RB of the Browns 09-10 Season. I do not expect B. Edwards to be such a huge factor too, but im expecting a lot more from Cribbs and Robiskie.

I hate being repetitive but I'll say it again. I love us being off the radar of everybody. It seems like there's always a team that comes out of nowhere during the season. A team nobody gave a shot in hell at doing anything. We could be that team this year.

Last year everybody was slobbering over our cocks and when that happens usually bad things happen to your team. I love where we're at right now. absolutely love it!!

I just hope we are "not on the radar" because we have sunk in the English Channel.

Both Gradkowski and Frye are on the Raidahs roster at the moment. As are Garcia and Jammercuss.

Go figure. Tomorrow might be a different story.

http://www.raiders.com/Team/PlayerBio.aspx?id=60320 Gradkowski

http://www.raiders.com/Team/PlayerBio.aspx?id=64314 Frye

http://www.raiders.com/Team/PlayerBio.aspx?id=61944 Garcia

http://www.raiders.com/Team/PlayerBio.aspx?id=20886 Russell

Give Lums credit...he did NOT single DA out as a reason for the 2007 season. That was due to many things coming together, sadly for just THAT year. I do not make predictions, don't really pay attention to those that are made, but I'm no gambler either.

Here is my prediction for this year...the Browns will play harder & with better fundamentals. They will also be more disciplined. Could be that NONE of these things will contribute to a better record THIS year, but we ARE solidifying the foundation, & I believe that will lead to better & more consistent performance in the future.

Mike

Guest Aloysius

He also threw a ball that should have been picked, but Bobby Carpenter dropped it.

Both Gradkowski and Frye are on the Raidahs roster at the moment. As are Garcia and Jammercuss.

Go figure. Tomorrow might be a different story.

Huh...and to think that signing Charlie Frye to a contract is only the second most embarassing story to come out of Oakland this offseason.

Dennis

Huh...and to think that signing Charlie Frye to a contract is only the second most embarassing story to come out of Oakland this offseason.

Dennis

I dunno, Dennis.

Here's how I rank 'em:

1) Cable breaking assistant's jaw.

2) Drafting Darius Heyward-Bey #7 when everyone knew he couldn't catch.

3) Drafting Mike Mitchell in Round 2 when everyone else had him rated as an UDFA.

4) Signing Charlie Frye.

Archived