THE BROWNS BOARD

Inglorious Bastards

Seeing Hitler laughing at movies portraying Germans kill Americans was FUneeeee shit.

Cathy liked this movie but i was lukewarm. Too many cross sections of the main plot and too little gore for Tarentino expectations.

Some funny gore and lines, but to me it was jst so so . I give it a 7/10

Seeing Hitler laughing at movies portraying Germans kill Americans was FUneeeee shit.

Cathy liked this movie but i was lukewarm. Too many cross sections of the main plot and too little gore for Tarentino expectations.

You can't have Tarentino without the main plot splitting off into a million pieces. Lack of gore is a disappointment though. Seen last house on the left?

• 3 weeks later...

You think seeing Americans getting killed is funny as hell? I bet you were just ROTFLOL on 9/11/2001?

I certainly hope I misunderstand you.

And I disagree that there was too little gore. Dialogue has always been Tarantino's forte, and his violence has always been more tempered than you believe. He pulled that off supremely, especially in the basement bar scene.

I just saw this tonight,

It was worth the trip but I cant put my finger on it,while good I came out of the theatre thinking there was something missing to make this a great movie but all in all it was good,I agree with Adam 7 out of 10 sounds right.

I think it was the fact that we knew that this movie altered history and that Hitler and his henchman weren't really wiped out in the manner depicted in the film. I think if this had not been Hitler and Goering and Goebbels depicted, but a bunch of fictional very high ranking Nazis that were getting wasted it would have felt better. That is my view.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I finally got to see this movie this week. I enjoyed it a lot and actually watched it a few times. Wasn't counting on having to read most of the movie but that's okay. I speak a smattering of German.

While I am a Brad Pitt fan, I was very impressed with Christoph Waltz who played SS Officer Hans Landa. I can see why he has been winning awards for Best Supporting Actor. He is a method actor and stayed in character throughout the filming of the movie. I didn't expect Landa to turn on the Nazis the way he did. He seemed way to happy being The Jew Hunter. The Austrian born actor is fluent in German, French and English and IMO, he was perfect in this role. Quentin actually said he would not have made this movie without him in this role.

Plus you can definitely tell it was a Tarantino movie. The man is bizare but I do like his movies. And it was nice to see Hitler and Goebbels get what they had coming. That is how it should have happened. I loved the irony.

Heidi

Archived