THE BROWNS BOARD

Major gun rights case heads to Supreme Court, may affect concealed carry laws

Vambo

Major gun rights case heads to Supreme Court, may affect concealed carry laws Breaking News

The Supreme Court announced Monday that it will hear a major gun rights case over whether ordinary citizens can be legally prohibited from carrying concealed handguns for self-defense outside their homes.

The case, brought by the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association, challenges a New York law that prohibits citizens from carrying a gun outside their home without a license that the state makes difficult to obtain.

27 minutes ago, Vambo said:
Major gun rights case heads to Supreme Court, may affect concealed carry laws Breaking News

The Supreme Court announced Monday that it will hear a major gun rights case over whether ordinary citizens can be legally prohibited from carrying concealed handguns for self-defense outside their homes.

The case, brought by the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association, challenges a New York law that prohibits citizens from carrying a gun outside their home without a license that the state makes difficult to obtain.

The problem I see with it is that each state is different. For example most western states are far less populated per sq mile than say NYC. Should there be standards? Yes. Should each state be able to set it's own? Yes.

52 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

The problem I see with it is that each state is different. For example most western states are far less populated per sq mile than say NYC. Should there be standards? Yes. Should each state be able to set it's own? Yes.

except per our 2nd Amendment, which is an affirmation of a God Given right, gun ownership/carrying is a federal mandated/affirmed right. A state can';t overrule that. There is no legit reason for Americans to not be allowed to carry, because criminals do not obey the law. It isn't a legit solution to any problem.

And now ironically enough our own Texas U.S. Senator is introducing National CC Reciprocity. And also ironically enough if Texas does away with the need for a LTC or CC, I could no longer carry in Colorado which requires CC license and does have reciprocity with Texas. How f'n stupid would that be if I lose my right to carry just because Texas wants to be idiotic about this by allowing carry for everyone with no licensing process. Letter I got below from USCCA

Momentum is building! 

Months ago, Rep. Richard Hudson introduced a National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Bill to the House of Representatives. Now, we're pleased to see that Senator John Cornyn from Texas has introduced this bill in the Senate.

This next step is exactly what we need as we work to pass this bill into law.

If you agree that President Biden must sign this bill into law, will you quickly add your name in support

This is a massive move forward for our nation because Americans in every state deserve the right to protect their families when they cross state lines. 

This commonsense legislation will finally prioritize safety and self-defense over partisan politics, and create a National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Policy for the entire country. 

As a dedicated 2nd Amendment supporter, you understand just how important a NCCR Bill is for our country, and the United States Senate MUST know that you back and support this legislation. 

If you don’t act quickly, they’ll never know

There are those who wish to revoke your Second Amendment rights. In fact, they’re working RIGHT NOW to fight this legislation with every chance they get — but that’s why we must remain committed to making our voice heard. 

The next 24 hours are critical... 

We need to show that we’re unified in our support for this legislation

We want to thank Senator Cornyn and Congressman Hudson for their commitment to standing up for Americans across the country who want Congress to protect their right to self-defense. 

We also want to thank YOU for your dedication to our 2nd Amendment and ensuring that every law-abiding American is able to protect their family through national concealed carry reciprocity.

By adding your name, you’ll be taking us one step closer to finally seeing NCCR passed into law. 

Click here to sign your name in support of NCCR.

Thank you for your support and dedication.

Take care and stay safe,

signature

Tim Schmidt

19 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And now ironically enough our own Texas U.S. Senator is introducing National CC Reciprocity. And also ironically enough if Texas does away with the need for a LTC or CC, I could no longer carry in Colorado which requires CC license and does have reciprocity with Texas. How f'n stupid would that be if I lose my right to carry just because Texas wants to be idiotic about this by allowing carry for everyone with no licensing process. Letter I got below from USCCA

Momentum is building! 

Months ago, Rep. Richard Hudson introduced a National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Bill to the House of Representatives. Now, we're pleased to see that Senator John Cornyn from Texas has introduced this bill in the Senate.

This next step is exactly what we need as we work to pass this bill into law.

If you agree that President Biden must sign this bill into law, will you quickly add your name in support

This is a massive move forward for our nation because Americans in every state deserve the right to protect their families when they cross state lines. 

This commonsense legislation will finally prioritize safety and self-defense over partisan politics, and create a National Concealed Carry Reciprocity Policy for the entire country. 

As a dedicated 2nd Amendment supporter, you understand just how important a NCCR Bill is for our country, and the United States Senate MUST know that you back and support this legislation. 

If you don’t act quickly, they’ll never know

There are those who wish to revoke your Second Amendment rights. In fact, they’re working RIGHT NOW to fight this legislation with every chance they get — but that’s why we must remain committed to making our voice heard. 

The next 24 hours are critical... 

We need to show that we’re unified in our support for this legislation

We want to thank Senator Cornyn and Congressman Hudson for their commitment to standing up for Americans across the country who want Congress to protect their right to self-defense. 

We also want to thank YOU for your dedication to our 2nd Amendment and ensuring that every law-abiding American is able to protect their family through national concealed carry reciprocity.

By adding your name, you’ll be taking us one step closer to finally seeing NCCR passed into law. 

Click here to sign your name in support of NCCR.

Thank you for your support and dedication.

Take care and stay safe,

signature

Tim Schmidt

The eagles really miss his high harmony

• Haha 1

Oh, I think I should get out my old walking cane and pull this trick with all 7 of my guns loaded in the back. Ain't got no tommygun or AR-15 though. Just a shotgun, Henry 22 rifle, 3 six shooters and two pistols. I'd have ta barry one from a friend who has some really hairy lookin' stuff.🤣

• 3 weeks later...