THE BROWNS BOARD

Ten best Oscars?

9 8 7 and 5  Wouldn't even be on my list.

Annie Hall Rocky and On the Waterfront would probably be there.  Add Casa Blanca would be a lot higher. Granted it's a subjective list and there are a lot of movies I liked better than these that didn't win best picture.

WSS

49 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

9 8 7 and 5  Wouldn't even be on my list.

Annie Hall Rocky and On the Waterfront would probably be there.  Add Casa Blanca would be a lot higher. Granted it's a subjective list and there are a lot of movies I liked better than these that didn't win best picture.

WSS

Yea.  I only agree with about half of them.   Here would be my Top Ten Personal Favorites among the  Best Picture winners,  no particular order:

The Godfather  I  and II.    I combine them.

Lord of the Ring.    Return of the King.     Though I think the award is really for the whole Trilogy

Chicago

Schindler's List

The Sting

Patton

Lawrence of Arabia

Casablanca

Rocky

The French Connection

Honorable Mentions:  One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest;   In the Heat of the Night;  Bridge on the River Kwai; Gladiator,  Shakespeare in Love;  Titanic; Silence of the Lambs;  Amadeus,  It Happened One Night.  The King's Speech. Unforgiven.  Could be others. 

Shit LIst, ile  the worst    (Note...only involves ones I have seen, there are actually a number that I have not seen, or don't remember...particularly the older ones...and some of the newer ones):

Crash

The English Patient

Out of Africa

Gigi

12 Years a Slave

Kramer vs. Kramer

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Yea.  I only agree with about half of them.   Here would be my Top Ten Personal Favorites among the  Best Picture winners,  no particular order:

The Godfather  I  and II.    I combine them.

Lord of the Ring.    Return of the King.     Though I think the award is really for the whole Trilogy

Chicago

Schindler's List

The Sting

Patton

Lawrence of Arabia

Casablanca

Rocky

The French Connection

Honorable Mentions:  One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest;   In the Heat of the Night;  Bridge on the River Kwai; Gladiator,  Shakespeare in Love;  Titanic; Silence of the Lambs;  Amadeus,  It Happened One Night.  The King's Speech. Unforgiven.  Could be others. 

Shit LIst, ile  the worst    (Note...only involves ones I have seen, there are actually a number that I have not seen, or don't remember...particularly the older ones...and some of the newer ones):

Crash

The English Patient

Out of Africa

Gigi

12 Years a Slave

Kramer vs. Kramer

I liked crash better than most people I guess.

I would have liked to see Glengarry Glen Ross on their

3 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I liked crash better than most people I guess.

I would have liked to see Glengarry Glen Ross on their

GGR did not win Best Picture.  I was only going with ones that actually won.   If we put a Top Ten list together of movies that didn't win  (but perhaps should have)....that would be a whole other thing. 

I think putting Parasite on their is a bit of an affront because, as far as I am concerned,  everyone knows that  Once Upon a Time in Hollywood should have won. 

But, go ahead, list your Top Ten of Non-winners. 

I think there was one year that had both Pulp Fiction and Shawshank Redemption lose out to Forrest Gump. 

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

GGR did not win Best Picture.  I was only going with ones that actually won.   If we put a Top Ten list together of movies that didn't win  (but perhaps should have)....that would be a whole other thing.

I know it didn't. I wanted it to beon the list of best pictures. 

I think putting Parasite on their is a bit of an affront because, as far as I am concerned,  everyone knows that  Once Upon a Time in Hollywood should have won. 

But, go ahead, list your Top Ten of Non-winners. 

I think there was one year that had both Pulp Fiction and Shawshank Redemption lose out to Forrest Gump. 

That's true I think pulp fiction should have one.

WSS