THE BROWNS BOARD

Weis on Brady

Guest Masters

Guest Masters

Grossi in today's PD

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.s ... eepin.html

"I think Romeo's just trying to do something to shake things up," Weis said. "Hey, how many positions on the Browns roster do you have a quality backup to put in there? You don't know what kind of energy Brady will bring. But I do know you're 3-5. Why not find out?"

"The position of quarterback," Weis said, "the one thing you have to do is manage the game. Brady has a great presence in the huddle. He has that capability to manage the team in the huddle and through the game. That's not to say Derek doesn't. I don't know him. I haven't been in his huddle.

"But even though Brady's an inexperienced player, his teammates will play for him. We had a guy here, Jeff Samardzija, who always wanted the ball. It wasn't selfish. He just wanted to make plays to help the team win. Quarterbacks, the good ones, want guys like that."

Asked if Quinn might cower to the dominating personalities of Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow, Weis chuckled and said, "I don't think that'll be the case."

Weis also chuckled when recalling criticisms of Quinn's arm strength and accuracy and -- the most recent knock -- that the ball tips downward when Quinn throws.

"Accuracy is the answer to arm strength," Weis said. "I've had arguments, vehement arguments, with NFL people questioning Brady's accuracy. He can read coverages. What's the sense of having good arm strength if you can't hit the open receivers?"

Guest Masters
Saw that.

Most non-ND and non-Patriots fans don't care for Weis.

But there is no doubt Brady made the system overperform.

That was obvious by how ND looked last year.

I wasn't high on Quinn coming out, and certainly didn't want CLE taking him at #3 in last years draft. But after I saw the train wreck that was ND's offense last year, I had to conceed that Quinn must have had something.

Guest Masters

But after I saw the train wreck that was ND's offense last year, I had to conceed that Quinn must have had something.

... and Samardzijia. And the other 8 guys that left for the NFL that year.

But no, it was all BQ, right "guy-who-claims-he-didn't-want-BQ"?

One WR, a T who went in the 3rd round , and a G in round 6. Yup, that's big losses on the offense. 2 guys to the NFL and one to MLB.

That is the typical changes on most college teams, yet not the same drop off. Does it translate to NFL success? Of course not. But it goes to show what Quinn meant to NDs offense. Your Beavers sure didn't drop like that when DA left.

Oh, and way to cherry pick my quotes.

Go find another clip to post that you don't actually watch.

But after I saw the train wreck that was ND's offense last year, I had to conceed that Quinn must have had something.

One WR, a T who went in the 3rd round , and a G in round 6. Yup, that's big losses on the offense. 2 guys to the NFL and one to MLB.

That is the typical changes on most college teams, yet not the same drop off. Does it translate to NFL success? Of course not. But it goes to show what Quinn meant to NDs offense. Your Beavers sure didn't drop like that when DA left.

Oh, and way to cherry pick my quotes.

Go find another clip to post that you don't actually watch.

Quinn saw substantially LESS NFL playing time than 5 Notre Dame players that came out with him. The typical rookie sits on the bench or on the practice squad, I looked it up before this board changed and listed the playing time the Notre Dame players of that class had... three were fairly substantial... 7-14 games or so, two others played in 2-4 games. Brady got a few minutes. Two other guys hung around all year, might still be on NFL rosters today but I haven't checked. Very few NCAA teams, if any, lost that much production to the NFL that year.

Come on. Nobody said it was "all BQ". Can you read man? He modestly said Quinn "had something". Seems reasonable to me. He didn't say "Quinn was everything".

Pffft.

Guest Masters

True, but my point was other than Brady, only 2 players left with him from the offensive side and actually got drafted (the others were all on D). Throw in Jeff, even though he went baseball.

Guest Masters

Come on. Nobody said it was "all BQ". Can you read man? He modestly said Quinn "had something". Seems reasonable to me. He didn't say "Quinn was everything".

Pffft.

They don't teach you how to read at ORE. Especially not a defense.

Guest Masters

This was a great comment too

"I don't care what the score is. I know the kid will never be happy. If he goes 19-of-20, he'll be down about that pass he didn't complete."

Archived