THE BROWNS BOARD

Joshua Cribbs

cribbs

Hey Cleveland fans,

I've got an important question for you...What will Cribbs' role with the Browns offense be? I know in past years , he would receive an occasional trick play, but i heard rumors that he might be heavily involved this year. Also, will he remain your kickoff/punt returner, if he becomes a main WR? I know its hard to tell since you have a new coach, but what are the reports from camp?

I'm considering picking him up in my fantasy football league, which rewards bonus points for return yards. I just want to make sure he'll be making receptions and getting a chance with the ball in his hands.

My other options are Devon Bess, Dominik Hixon, and Mushin Muhammed.

Thanks for your input.

He competing for the #2 receiver spot and he had over 100 yards returning with a TD in the first half last night. So he would probably be a good fit for you FF team. However, he wants a new contract so there is an outside chance he could sit out until it happens.

With Braylon, Furrey, Robiskie, Patten, and Massaquoi ....will there be any balls left for Cribbs?

To answer your initial question, unless your league takes return yards into account, I'd probably steer clear of drafting Cribbs. That being said...

Cross Patten off that list right now. And from the looks of things, Robiskie isn't really as ready to step in as we thought (or, as we were led to believe...) immediately post-draft. Furrey plays a very specific role (slot). To me, Cribbs is on par with Massaquoi (who I dig a lot) to get a decent amount of playing time opposite Edwards. Cribbs and MoMass are like 2a and 2b to me, with Furrey "3" and Robiskie 5.

I expect to see a lot of Cribbs, or at least I'd like to.

One thing, though. If his PT at WR makes him less effective as a return man, fuck that. :) He's too great back there to screw with that.

Hey Cleveland fans,

I've got an important question for you...What will Cribbs' role with the Browns offense be? I know in past years , he would receive an occasional trick play, but i heard rumors that he might be heavily involved this year. Also, will he remain your kickoff/punt returner, if he becomes a main WR? I know its hard to tell since you have a new coach, but what are the reports from camp?

I'm considering picking him up in my fantasy football league, which rewards bonus points for return yards. I just want to make sure he'll be making receptions and getting a chance with the ball in his hands.

My other options are Devon Bess, Dominik Hixon, and Mushin Muhammed.

Thanks for your input.

I think it will be about the same but with a few more reps at WR.

Archived