THE BROWNS BOARD

How many are not Anti-Vax? Just anti-flu shot?

hammertime

Although I've never been anti-vaccine, I never really thought to get them in my early 20s. Then, when I was 24, I came down with the flu which ended up progressing to full blown pneumonia, which laid me up in the hospital for 4 days. Now I get the flu vaccine every year. Do I still get the flu, even though I get the shot? Yes. But, it's never been bad enough to put me into the hospital again. Seems like a good trade off to me.

15 hours ago, hammertime said:

I’m hoping most people get their kids shots as the are recommended 

to me an anti vaxer is one who say no to all vaccines regardless 

having the choice to get a flu shot is what makes our country great.

Hammer, the science behind the covid vaccines is solid- and after 200+ million doses, any severe side effects are well worth the risks.

Totally not vaccinate your kids? Even garden variety stuff like measles can have long lasting problems. Or your want your kid to be scarred for life with a bad case of chicken pox?

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Hammer, the science behind the covid vaccines is solid- and after 200+ million doses, any severe side effects are well worth the risks.

Totally not vaccinate your kids? Even garden variety stuff like measles can have long lasting problems. Or your want your kid to be scarred for life with a bad case of chicken pox?

We have approved vaccines that all kids should receive, no one but a true anti vaxer is debating that.

The science behind the Covid vaccine I’m not sure if it’s been approved yet or is still an experimental vaccine,

Regardless, it should be an elective shot similar to the flu shot.  

The point of my thread was the segment of folks who have had Covid and definitely don’t need a shot.  Science you know.

• Upvote 1

Yeah yeah like JBI never got flu shots until the last few years.  I wasn't afraid of it just didn't bother. On the other hand I know some smart people who are actually antivaxers. But  does anyone remember that there were adverse and long term effects to the overprescription of man made antibiotics?  And given the fact that everyone has instant access to worldwide media every tiny blip is now a worldwide catastrophe. 

WSS

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

2021-05-16_180533.thumb.png.20ba0e48f53345606f7404215bbd7503.png