THE BROWNS BOARD

Happy Juneteenth!

cccjwh

16 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

By the way republicans and Democrats never ever switched platforms. That's simply a weak attempt to cover their terrible history of everything. 

Did you notice only the Democrats make this claim?

Even if republicans gradually moved to a smaller government platform and Democrats gradually adopted a big government that is only one thing. Thats not some ubiquitous "Lincoln was actually a democrat!"

That is an incredibly weak attempt to cover up the skeletons in their closet by claiming they sold that house a long long time ago. 

They didn't. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Even if republicans gradually moved to a smaller government platform and Democrats gradually adopted a big government that is only one thing. Thats not some ubiquitous "Lincoln was actually a democrat!"

That is an incredibly weak attempt to cover up the skeletons in their closet by claiming they sold that house a long long time ago. 

They didn't. 

And yelling about Lincoln being a republican is an incredibly weak way to say something positive about republicans now. There's little, if any, relevancy. And if someone is trying to use this argument then the history of the parties in the 150+ years since then should absolutely be brought up.

42 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

And yelling about Lincoln being a republican is an incredibly weak way to say something positive about republicans now. There's little, if any, relevancy. And if someone is trying to use this argument then the history of the parties in the 150+ years since then should absolutely be brought up.

Bro, whatever you want to say about modern republicans is your prerogative. 

Progressive Democrats will be the death of this country and our descent into outright and obvious villainy. 

1 hour ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Progressive Democrats will be the death of this country and our descent into outright and obvious villainy. 

Bro, I'm just responding to what your previous post said. I'm not trying to cheerlead for either side (regardless of your other post).

I'm much less inclined to think trans rights and Juneteenth will be the "death of the country" opposed to our willingness to accept anti expert and anti science rhetoric. 

1 hour ago, The Cysko Kid said:

My problem with "modern Republicans" is there's two factions of them...  those who have drunk the Trump Kool-Aid (Space Lasers, I'm coming back by August!!) and want to follow a wannabe dictator right off of a cliff. Or those (apparently few) Republicans who haven't lost their fucking minds or souls- like Liz Cheney and Ben Sasse who still have a grip on reality.  Count me in the latter group.  

For the record Cysko- you can think Trump belongs in a nut house, and not be a "Progressive Democrat"... It's a concept lost on the vast majority of posters here. 

Michigan woman who ambushed police officer at Juneteenth parade dies after struck by return fire: police

Flint police officer fatally struck 19-year-old Briana Sykes, who first opened fire, authorities say

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

For the record Cysko- you can think Trump belongs in a nut house, and not be a "Progressive Democrat"... It's a concept lost on the vast majority of posters here. 

100% true, wish I could think of that with my friends lol. I'm stealing this.

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

My problem with "modern Republicans" is there's two factions of them...  those who have drunk the Trump Kool-Aid (Space Lasers, I'm coming back by August!!) and want to follow a wannabe dictator right off of a cliff. Or those (apparently few) Republicans who haven't lost their fucking minds or souls- like Liz Cheney and Ben Sasse who still have a grip on reality.  Count me in the latter group.  

You keep saying trump was a dictator while absolutely ignoring all the shenanigans democrats are currently up to, while, I might add, not showing how trump was dictating anything. 

Anyway get Trump's dick out of your mouth. He's done. His time is over. He's not coming back today tomorrow or in 2024. Live in the present...your friends and mine, the Democrats are attempting a power grab on an unprecedented scale and it's down to one guy, Manchin, who might still have a soul or moral compass. Without that one guy you're living in an actual dictatorial 1984 dystopia, with trump playing Emmanuel Goldstein and you're ready to get down and lick O'Brien's boots clean to prove your loyalty. 

By the way I fully expect Manchin to turn up dead in the near future. A victim of "white supremacy", the biggest threat to this country, no doubt. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Bro, I'm just responding to what your previous post said. I'm not trying to cheerlead for either side (regardless of your other post).

I'm much less inclined to think trans rights and Juneteenth will be the "death of the country" opposed to our willingness to accept anti expert and anti science rhetoric. 

If you're talking about fauci he hasn't done himself any favors by changing his story, outright lying, and being an arrogant twat. He should have played it straight right from the start and he wouldn't have found himself this divisive figure that he now is. 

As for trans... They're never going to be accepted as what they want to be  ever. Even their most ardent supporters know in the pits of their stomachs that they are not women no matter how much they want to be. 

Tell me, woody, are trans women on the menu for you? Since they're women and all. I mean that's what "the science says" right, buddy? So you're bringing one home to mom and pop right?

5 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

"your"?

Oh, you're not a democrat? Are we doing this thing where we lie to ourselves and each other so we don't have to tie ourselves to the consequences of our actions? No doubt you're an independent that's just happened to vote democrat in every possible situation since you've been eligible to cast a vote. Very independent of you, my good chum. 

5 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Oh, you're not a democrat? Are we doing this thing where we lie to ourselves and each other so we don't have to tie ourselves to the consequences of our actions? No doubt you're an independent that's just happened to vote democrat in every possible situation since you've been eligible to cast a vote. Very independent of you, my good chum. 

Yep, definitely voted for Hilary. That definitely happened and you're definitely correct. 

I expect other posters on here to fabricate realities but I'd at least hope you would stay based in this reality. 

18 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

If you're talking about fauci he hasn't done himself any favors by changing his story, outright lying, and being an arrogant twat. He should have played it straight right from the start and he wouldn't have found himself this divisive figure that he now is. 

As for trans... They're never going to be accepted as what they want to be  ever. Even their most ardent supporters know in the pits of their stomachs that they are not women no matter how much they want to be. 

Tell me, woody, are trans women on the menu for you? Since they're women and all. I mean that's what "the science says" right, buddy? So you're bringing one home to mom and pop right?

Oh jesus, where to start here...

- No, not Fauci. The anti expert / anti science sentiment has been here long before COVID. The fucking morons screaming about masks choking them on Facebook was just the most recent iteration. But yes, how awful the medical community changed guidelines and updated statements as more research was done on covid. How dare they.

- I'm sure many people were shouting from the rooftops that gays were evil sinners and that they shouldn't have access to some basic rights too. Well, those people still exist ... Just less of them luckily.

- No, I'm not attracted to trans women. Not attracted to gay guys either. Not sure what any of that has to do with them being treated respectfully or having basic rights.

But this is kind of proving my point. Riling up the base about spooky and weird trans people to help build anger and distract from the real issues. (and yes hot shot, calm down, Dems do that too ... though I at least think their distractions are more beneficial than "be scared of this change!" distractions the reps use). 

23 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Oh jesus, where to start here...

- No, not Fauci. The anti expert / anti science sentiment has been here long before COVID. The fucking morons screaming about masks choking them on Facebook was just the most recent iteration. But yes, how awful the medical community changed guidelines and updated statements as more research was done on covid. How dare they.

- I'm sure many people were shouting from the rooftops that gays were evil sinners and that they shouldn't have access to some basic rights too. Well, those people still exist ... Just less of them luckily.

- No, I'm not attracted to trans women. Not attracted to gay guys either. Not sure what any of that has to do with them being treated respectfully or having basic rights.

But this is kind of proving my point. Riling up the base about spooky and weird trans people to help build anger and distract from the real issues. (and yes hot shot, calm down, Dems do that too ... though I at least think their distractions are more beneficial than "be scared of this change!" distractions the reps use). 

They have equal rights under the law just like everyone else. They don't want that. They want the cals of the world to bow down to their demands. It's not going to happen. Just like they're not going to be real women. The blue fairy isn't coming down to turm pinocchio into a real boy.

They're trans, they're always going to be trans and never women. They should be satisfied with protection from getting fired for their dysphoria and stop trying to force people to treat them like they're actually women. If they want to be treated with respect they have to live in reality and treat othet people with respect not form a mob to attack j.k. Rowling for stating the obvious truth that they're NOT women and she's uncomfortable sharing spaces with them. 

Don't you find it even a little bit conspicuous that it's always trans "women" trying to bully women and never, or rarely trans "men" trying to insinuate themselves into men's locker rooms or bully men? I do. 

Also since you're not down to fuck a trans why are you such a transphobe, bigot? 

• Thanks 1

Yes we know that every thread gets off track.. But what possible difference does it make what the republicans did at 1 time and what the democrats did at 1 time and what the democrats did at 1 time? You people are really really too obsessed with labels and personality. And for the record Lincoln is just above irrelevant today. 

WSS

46 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Yep, definitely voted for Hilary. That definitely happened and you're definitely correct. 

I expect other posters on here to fabricate realities but I'd at least hope you would stay based in this reality. 

I've said on here and on every platform for a long time that I specifically go out of my way to vote for who I think is going to lose. I'd have had a perfect record too if the media was the least bit honest about Trump's chances in 2016. Instead every single available metric said Hillary would win in a landslide. 

5 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Yes we know that every thread gets off track.. But what possible difference does it make what the republicans did at 1 time and what the democrats did at 1 time and what the democrats did at 1 time? You people are really really too obsessed with labels and personality. And for the record Lincoln is just above irrelevant today. 

WSS

It doesn't except when someone comes out with some cockamamie bullshit trying to tie one party's historical evils to someone else. The reason I take umbrage with it is because it's dishonest bullshit and it reeks of one side not taking responsibility for their past and instead of saying "yeah shitty shit happened once but the world was different and we've grown and moved on to this platform and these are our successes" they say "Nuh uh we never did that that was these other guys all along" like they're Scooby doo's gang pulling the villains mask off to reveal it was actually old Mr. Dithers. 

I don't respect that. It's dishonest pandering bullshit. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

I've said on here and on every platform for a long time that I specifically go out of my way to vote for who I think is going to lose. I'd have had a perfect record too if the media was the least bit honest about Trump's chances in 2016. Instead every single available metric said Hillary would win in a landslide. 

...ok?

You said I'm a Dem because I've voted for Dems "in ever possible situation since I've been eligible to vote."

That's objectively false.

You responded with a statement about your voting preferences.

Are you just going to admit you were wrong here or what are we doing?

22 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

They have equal rights under the law just like everyone else. They don't want that. They want the cals of the world to bow down to their demands. It's not going to happen. Just like they're not going to be real women. The blue fairy isn't coming down to turm pinocchio into a real boy.

They're trans, they're always going to be trans and never women. They should be satisfied with protection from getting fired for their dysphoria and stop trying to force people to treat them like they're actually women. If they want to be treated with respect they have to live in reality and treat othet people with respect not form a mob to attack j.k. Rowling for stating the obvious truth that they're NOT women and she's uncomfortable sharing spaces with them. 

Don't you find it even a little bit conspicuous that it's always trans "women" trying to bully women and never, or rarely trans "men" trying to insinuate themselves into men's locker rooms or bully men? I do. 

Also since you're not down to fuck a trans why are you such a transphobe, bigot? 

... Yep this is going about as well as I figured it would. Ignoring other points I made. Thinking you got me in some kind of a "gotcha" with the transphobe thing. 

I thought you were above this but I guess not. 

This is where I'll end it and save myself the future time. Take that however you wish. 

16 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

I'm fine with this belief and I agree with you.

My original post came in response to someone going "look! Look! Lincoln was a Republican!!!" 

That doesn't happen and there's no need to get into the history of the parties, platform swaps, etc. 

8 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

...ok?

You said I'm a Dem because I've voted for Dems "in ever possible situation since I've been eligible to vote."

That's objectively false.

You responded with a statement about your voting preferences.

Are you just going to admit you were wrong here or what are we doing?

Wrong on what? You saying you're not a democrat? Listen I don't hang over your shoulder like a spectre and determine what you do. All I can go off of is what you post and what you seem to support. I don't know why, since you come out in support of democrat causes nearly all the time, you're loathe to say you're a democrat.