THE BROWNS BOARD

How bout that Sanchez vs Ratbirds Shep?

Dan in Florida

Monday Night Football on now.

First pass by him tonight was a Pick 6 to DT Natta. After they get the ball back, his next pass was directly into 52's hands but he dropped it or it's another pick 6 in 2 pass attempts. He looks a little tense.

Game just started at 8pm.

I'm just ribbin Shep! I know you have a little man/QB love for him :)

Monday Night Football on now.

First pass by him tonight was a Pick 6 to DT Natta. After they get the ball back, his next pass was directly into 52's hands but he dropped it. He looks a little tense.

Game just started at 8pm.

I'm just ribbin Shep!

Thanks, was Shep having Sanchezian fantasies?

Guest Aloysius
He looked awesome last week. He looked even worse this week so far than he looked awesome last week. Tough defense tough environment in his second game. He'll be alright.

I agree, though I think he'd be better off sitting this year.

When Matt Ryan faced the Ravens during last year's preseason, he went 2/7 for 17 yards. It's a very tough matchup for a rookie QB.

I don't know what the fascination is with Sanchez for some of you guys. You all wet yourselves over his last PRESEASON game when he was only 3 for 4. ONE GAME...now look at him. First 2 passes should have been pick 6 TDs. First one was.

I live in the Mission Viejo area and went to Mission before Mark got there. Saw a lot of his games. He's good. But, some of you guys think he's the next Joe Namath from three for four?

He's still a rookie....

I agree, though I think he'd be better off sitting this year.

When Matt Ryan faced the Ravens during last year's preseason, he went 2/7 for 17 yards. It's a very tough matchup for a rookie QB.

He's a rookie and will play like one for awhile. I think he is far from a finished product.

he's decent right now but will improve, he has a high ceiling.

I'm just really glad the Browns didn't pick him, I remember during the draft they showed Sanchez standing in front of a framed Jurevicius jersey, and it made me cringe, thinking that the Browns were about to pick him(thank god they didn't). If they picked Sanchez, I think the ultimate QB controversy would have happened in Cleveland, the biggest in the history of football.

he's decent right now but will improve, he has a high ceiling.

I'm just really glad the Browns didn't pick him, I remember during the draft they showed Sanchez standing in front of a framed Jurevicius jersey, and it made me cringe, thinking that the Browns were about to pick him(thank god they didn't). If they picked Sanchez, I think the ultimate QB controversy would have happened in Cleveland, in the history of football.

Does he have a higher ceiling than Quinn or not? Whaddya think?

Anyway, you guys seen that TD pass Sanchez threw. It was accurate and precise. I have yet to set a pass that accurate from both of our QBs(points at Quinn)

He made A nice pass.

I haven't see enough of Sanchez or Quinn to answer that.

+1, which is exactly why they should give Quinn an 6-8 game leash to see what he's made of, unless DA starts to play like he did against Detroit more consistently(which is the main problem I have with DA). I would say Quinn is the better game manager, and DA is the better play maker, so I can see why Mangini says the QB competition is very close.

as for comparing Sanchez and Quinn, I have no idea but I think Quinn will turn out to be the better game manager(less picks, good decisions, reading defenses well..etc.) more than likely.

Guest Aloysius
I'd rather have Haloti than Sanchez.....

Reminds me of this tweet from former Ravens/Browns scout Daniel Jeremiah:

I remember after we picked Ngata in BLT, Belicheck called Ozzie and said, "You guys just got the best player in the draft."

Guest Aloysius
i hate the Ravens, but i do enjoy watching their defense. They are just a swarming, head banging bunch of tough football players. i miss that.

And you have to appreciate how they develop talent, particularly on defense.

They have two second year guys battling to replace Bart Scott, Jameel McClain and Tavares Gooden. So far, McClain's got 6 tackles, a TFL, and a pick six; Gooden's got 4 tackles and a sack.

I don't know what the fascination is with Sanchez for some of you guys. You all wet yourselves over his last PRESEASON game when he was only 3 for 4. ONE GAME...now look at him. First 2 passes should have been pick 6 TDs. First one was.

I live in the Mission Viejo area and went to Mission before Mark got there. Saw a lot of his games. He's good. But, some of you guys think he's the next Joe Namath from three for four?

He's still a rookie....

Willie Joe wasn't all that great, check out his career stats............

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NamaJo00.htm

Sanchez has Quinn's intangibles, a little more arm, and is consistently accurate with his passes. But that doesn't mean he stops being a rookie in his second preseason game facing the Ravens' defense.

Still, he rallied and closed strong. I like him more than Stafford, frankly, and more than whatsisname the Raven's QB (brain isn't on yet). I think he'll be an excellent quarterback in this league.

Sanchez sucked donkey balls. He didn't even know what the hell was going on. The only reason anybody is still on his bandwagon this morning is because Jaws was suckin him off the whole time.

Stafford has looked like shit too. There's no way in hell he should start game 1. I saw him toss a pick 6 in the 3rd qtr vs the Falcons, and then make the exact same play on his first play vs the Browns.

Flacco can throw the ball. Last night he looked like Anderson did on Saturday. For the folks who say "Anderson can't take us there" take a look at Balt. Put a killer defense and a three-headed power running game with a QB with a strong arm and you get a free ticket to the AFC championship game.

And we all know why the Ravens selected Flacco in the first place (because Anderson beat them twice in 2007)

Guest Masters
Sanchez sucked donkey balls. He didn't even know what the hell was going on. The only reason anybody is still on his bandwagon this morning is because Jaws was suckin him off the whole time.

Stafford has looked like shit too. There's no way in hell he should start game 1. I saw him toss a pick 6 in the 3rd qtr vs the Falcons, and then make the exact same play on his first play vs the Browns.

Flacco can throw the ball. Last night he looked like Anderson did on Saturday. For the folks who say "Anderson can't take us there" take a look at Balt. Put a killer defense and a three-headed power running game with a QB with a strong arm and you get a free ticket to the AFC championship game.

And we all know why the Ravens selected Flacco in the first place (because Anderson beat them twice in 2007)

To may things wrong with that post to even begin.

Sorry shep, but Sanchez just looked godawful out there, rookie or not. A pick six to a 360lb NT (shoulda had another on the very next pass, too,) delays of game, a fumbled handoff, happy feet in general.

But most of all....the dude just looked scared out there. Not "rattled," but piss-your-pants fcuking SCARED.

He may interview well, say the right things, and may have looked like a world-beater playing for the pro football team in LA going against the Notre Dames of the world, but the only "IT" factor I saw last night was the shIT dribbling down his leg.

Guest Masters
sorry to disrupt the "it factor" parade.

you can now get back to the discussion of greatest QBs of all time, Sanchez-Leinart-Chris Simms-Brady Quinn

Never said anything of the sort about them. In fact, I have always been down on Leinart and Sanchez. But keep sticking your foot in your mouth Chuckles.

Guest Masters

I am thinking no one watched Sanchez's last drive. He certainly had a lot of bad in his night, but he had a lot of promising things if you watched that last drive of his.

Keep in mind I did not think highly of him coming out, and still have my doubts about him working out in the pros.

I am thinking no one watched Sanchez's last drive. He certainly had a lot of bad in his night, but he had a lot of promising things if you watched that last drive of his.

A sack, a fumble where he forgot it was a pass play and not a run, a miscommunicated hot read with a WR, and 3 completions to a running back.

He certainly turned the corner.

Keep in mind I did not think highly of him coming out, and still have my doubts about him working out in the pros.

Oh, you mean the one in which Ray Lewis and Ed Reed were on the sideline?

Yeah I saw that one.

Unfortunately, I also saw every single snap he took with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed on the field. The boy was SCARED.

Guest Masters
Oh, you mean the one in which Ray Lewis and Ed Reed were on the sideline?

Yeah I saw that one.

Unfortunately, I also saw every single snap he took with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed on the field. The boy was SCARED.

The boy was confused, and rightfully so. BALT gives guys like Peyton and Brady fits.

So we just ignore him rebounding, showing poise, and good reads (inlcuding the quick check to his WR, and the WR missed the check at the line) because Lewis and Reed went to the bench? I know I don't and feel pretty comfortable in saying the Jets coachs aren't going to either.

Guest Aloysius
The future is now in New York.

Mark Sanchez was the No. 5 selection in April's NFL Draft.

The Jets have seen enough of rookie Mark Sanchez and Kellen Clemens to determine a starter.

Coach Rex Ryan has informed the QBs this morning that Sanchez will be the starter, FOXSports.com has learned.

Despite a rough start against the Ravens in his last preseason game, Sanchez never lost his cool and battled back. The team has been impressed with his command of the huddle and the offense. Sources say the team has been impressed with how much he has not looked like a rookie. Drafted out of USC, Sanchez has gone 6-of-12 in two preseason games, with one touchdown pass and one interception.

Clemens, in his fourth season, is 9-of-14 for 84 yards in the preseason. He also has one score and one pick. Entering his fourth season with the Jets after being a second-round pick in 2006, Clemens also had a solid but unspectacular camp, but threw 12 interceptions compared to the rookie's five.

Sanchez is going to have a tough first four games. Calvin Pace will be out due to suspension, and Shaun Ellis will miss the opener. If the defense struggles, Dirty will be forced to air it out to keep up with the competition.

Also, he faces the Pats and Titans in Weeks 2 and 3. Those are two very tough matchups for a rookie QB.

Archived