THE BROWNS BOARD

Socialized medicine in Europe

On 8/19/2021 at 11:22 AM, Westside Steve said:

So you have no medical insurance? I always have and as a self-employed musician, paod for it myself. And I have dealt with serious medical issues. No doubt it would be more fun to spend an extra thousand bucks on partying every month. Then again same deal if you drive your car without insurance and hit somebody. That can bankrupt you just as easily. Plus I guess there's a Trauma Center somewhere between Saskatchewan and Toronto... For what for what

WSS

I do have insurance. In spite of that, it's still very possible for any well-off American to get financially ruined from an emergency room visit and subsequent hospitalization. The high taxes in Europe and Canada suck, but bankruptcy because of a hospitalization is something that they don't have to worry about.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

I do have insurance. In spite of that, it's still very possible for any well-off American to get financially ruined from an emergency room visit and subsequent hospitalization. The high taxes in Europe and Canada suck, but bankruptcy because of a hospitalization is something that they don't have to worry about.

No, they only have to worry about getting a life saving operation quickly.

3 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

it's still very possible for any well-off American to get financially ruined from an emergency room visit and subsequent hospitalization. The high taxes in Europe and Canada suck, but bankruptcy because of a hospitalization is something that they don't have to worry about.

No, this is what they want you to believe............

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2021 at 6:49 PM, VaporTrail said:

Vapor - you need better insurance I think. Or wait til you are retired and on Medicare and a good supplemental insurance.

You will have no worries. Til the left destroys it with their stupid self-serving political hack decisions....

On 8/23/2021 at 6:49 PM, VaporTrail said:

'Physician, heal thyself':D

• Like 1

On 8/18/2021 at 10:21 AM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I remember when my Dad was in CCU his cardiologist was extremely fat.  I found that to be amusing.

I had an orthodontist who had rotten , chipped teeth..