THE BROWNS BOARD

Gameday vs. Falcons: Baker to play

ATOM

Will most likely be an incredibly limited and scripted set of plays.  Some runs with DJ, some 3 and 5 step drop work.  Maybe a boot or two.  

They're won't be any downfield strikes or 7 step drops unless some bordering on miracle presents itself.  Stef won't put the Oline or Baker in that type of position.

No doubt it will be scripted to a degree. .  We may try a variety of plays and may allow the situation to dictate the play called.

My thinking is if you are going to play them at all, you might as well play real.  Unlike the old days where my thinking was play starters until they put up at least 2 scoring drives, now it is 2 drives or only 1 drive if it produces points.

Overall, I don't see as much value in the starters playing as much as some of you.  I am not saying who is right or wrong, I suppose there is no right or wrong.

This might be better as another thread, but i would like to see Stefanski conduct practices during the season to coincide with that weeks game.  If it is a 4pm start, warm-ups start at 3pm and walk throughs etc start at 4PM.  8:30 start, same thing.  If it is a west coast game, get the players on west coast time all week.

11 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Will most likely be an incredibly limited and scripted set of plays.  Some runs with DJ, some 3 and 5 step drop work.  Maybe a boot or two.  

They're won't be any downfield strikes or 7 step drops unless some bordering on miracle presents itself.  Stef won't put the Oline or Baker in that type of position.

In other words - A pre-season game? 😉

• Upvote 1

And on Sunday Night Football for some added attention......I can live with that.    CLE -6 favorite and 35.5.

Plus KC -6 and 53.5 for real in the next game on the Sunday late game.......I can live with that too.

GO BROWNS !

On 8/27/2021 at 2:22 PM, D Bone said:

Every starter needs to play this week. KC is just around the corner and all of the starters need time before that game kicks off. 

Andy Reid/Bieniemy called 1st half plays vs Vikings to warm up his scary receiving track team..Browns better look for the same out the gate. Bills did the same with Josh Allen vs. GB..

I'm cool with Baker seeing a quarter of reps.. I don't like the idea of the change playing them on... Atlanta's indoor field turf though.. that chit is hot garbage.. Browns will play 1 indoor turf game in Minnesota..

Are the Chargers playing where the Rams do? Sofi? turf or grass?

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Andy Reid/Bieniemy called 1st half plays vs Vikings to warm up his scary receiving track team..Browns better look for the same out the gate. Bills did the same with Josh Allen vs. GB..

I'm cool with Baker seeing a quarter of reps.. I don't like the idea of the change playing them on... Atlanta's indoor field turf though.. that chit is hot garbage.. Browns will play 1 indoor turf game in Minnesota..

Are the Chargers playing where the Rams do? Sofi? turf or grass?

edit-- can Atom or Z change this to our game-day thread? 

SOFI is supposedly the best kind of Field Turf “Matrix”.  Early returns it isn’t “sticky” like previous versions- safer- guess so far. MetLife has had more issues than any field turf stadium they have an older field turf spec.

The Vikings/Chiefs…it appeared the Vikings were playing them straight up and they paid for it.  They are looking like a hot mess this preseason.  You saw Chiefs getting to the corner on Jet Sweeps, WRs screens, go routes with WRs and they were setting up their vintage seam route with the TE but it appears there is more of commitment to their run game…I said this before but the Chiefs are going to take their new line and try to run the ball down our throats neutralize our pass rush bookends and try to ease the acclimation period with their new line. 

Just watched the Bungles play Burrow for 3 plays. He was pulled on 3rd and 18. He threw 1 pass... a WR bubble screen. It will be his only work in a live game before the season starts. 

What in the actual fuck? The pussification of the planet knows no bounds.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Just watched the Bungles play Burrow for 3 plays. He was pulled on 3rd and 18. He threw 1 pass... a WR bubble screen. It will be his only work in a live game before the season starts. 

They're gonna get him killed again, and they know it.

Z

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Wow. I’m pretty out of touch with how the Bengals offseason  has gone other than the occasional news blurb about how good or bad Burrow has looked on any given day. My Bengals buddies haven’t bothered with any smack talk at all. This time last year they were through the roof with the Burrow hype.

I looked at the box score and he apparently missed on that bubble screen. Interestingly one of their backup QBs is Kyle Shurmur, the son of our old buddy Pat. 

The eight players who will sit against the Falcons, none of which are surprises whatsoever:

• S Grant Delpit (hamstring)
  • OL Michael Dunn (back)
  • LB Tony Fields (foot)
  • LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (forehead)
  • LB Jacob Phillips (biceps)
  • CB M.J. Stewart (hamstring)
  • LB Sione Takitaki (hamstring)
  • CB Greedy Williams (groin)

Jersey number update Anthony Schwartz #10//Tegray Scales #41//Tony Fields ll #42// Willie Harvey #54//Kyle Markway has no number assigned on official site

• Upvote 1