THE BROWNS BOARD

★ NFL WEEK 1 ★ and our BROWNS are +6 at KC.

mjp28

NFL WEEK 1 and our BROWNS are +6 at KC.   And around the AFCN the Steelers are +6.5 at Buffalo plus the Ravens are -4.5 at Las Vegas.

Cincinnati and our all Ohio boy Joe Burrow are +3 versus Minnesota for his second season in the NFL.

For more NFL and NCAA football games just see our friends at. https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/?s=679

Screenshot_2021-09-07_071342.jpg

Edited by mjp28

From Tuesday's Yahoo Sports, interesting read........

Last Dance for the Chiefs? Not really. As long as Patrick Mahomes is under center, you can pretty much Sharpie the Chiefs into the playoffs. Question is, after this year, who’s around Mahomes to play in that game? Mahomes’ half-billion-dollar deal begins next year, and that means he takes a huge bite out of the Chiefs’ payroll. Will they be able to build a strong team at a discount rate, or is this the Chiefs’ last, best chance to snag another ring?

The Class of 2018 graduates. It’s go time for the quarterbacks in the Class of 2018 — that would be Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson and, if you’re feeling generous, Sam Darnold. One other first-rounder, Josh Allen, has already made bank, and another, Josh Rosen, is on something like his 43rd team already. But Allen’s deal set the bar high; will Cleveland and Baltimore be willing to match it? And will Darnold stick around in Carolina? We’re nearing a decision point on QB salaries; could it come with the Class of 2018?

4 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

The Class of 2018 graduates. It’s go time for the quarterbacks in the Class of 2018 — that would be Baker Mayfield, Lamar Jackson and, if you’re feeling generous, Sam Darnold. One other first-rounder, Josh Allen, has already made bank, and another, Josh Rosen, is on something like his 43rd team already. But Allen’s deal set the bar high; will Cleveland and Baltimore be willing to match it? And will Darnold stick around in Carolina? We’re nearing a decision point on QB salaries; could it come with the Class of 2018?

With only about 3 days practice after joining the team, he was able the final 53 for Atlanta.

It’s still Browns plus 6

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Last Dance for the Chiefs? Not really. As long as Patrick Mahomes is under center, you can pretty much Sharpie the Chiefs into the playoffs. Question is, after this year, who’s around Mahomes to play in that game? Mahomes’ half-billion-dollar deal begins next year, and that means he takes a huge bite out of the Chiefs’ payroll. Will they be able to build a strong team at a discount rate, or is this the Chiefs’ last, best chance to snag another ring?

Last dance for KC.....

mahomes

hill, Kelce, Chris Jones, Clyde edwards hellfire, mecole Hardman, the whole line, Snead....Bolton, gay....all back in 2022. That’s the core.  Writers are lazy.

1 hour ago, Pat Mahomo said:

What is funny is you guys get Baker in 2022 for one more “cheap” hit of 18 million.  Then he signs a contract likely more costly than Mahomes, except, he’s not anywhere near Mahomes in ability.  

“Likely” 

More than 50 mil a year. Whatever you’re smoking, I need some of it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

ML Browns. It ain’t going to be easy…but has this team ever looked this good on paper?  Think about it.  Offense will be ready can we get it together quickly on defense against a newly rebuilt Oline.  I side with us. 

ML Washington - LA across the country as a favorite against a Salty D like the WFT.  Chargers got a lot of hype this offseason  and this line reflects it.  

Vikings. -2 1/2.  All reports out of Cincy Joe Burrow is not doing as well in the pocket post injury and I can’t trust their D.  

I’m taking the Rams in a blowout win over the Bears. The Bears line is absolute mess 

3 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

What is funny is you guys get Baker in 2022 for one more “cheap” hit of 18 million.  Then he signs a contract likely more costly than Mahomes, except, he’s not anywhere near Mahomes in ability.  

He was a First overall pick in the 2018 draft so the Last year  of his rookie contract reflects the price tag. If Baker performs like he did last year 18M is a bargain.

And You are first to bring up a contract in the Mahomes stratosphere 

1 hour ago, SdBacker80 said:

ML Browns. It ain’t going to be easy…but has this team ever looked this good on paper?  Think about it.  Offense will be ready can we get it together quickly on defense against a newly rebuilt Oline.  I side with us. 

ML Washington - LA across the country as a favorite against a Salty D like the WFT.  Chargers got a lot of hype this offseason  and this line reflects it.  

Vikings. -2 1/2.  All reports out of Cincy Joe Burrow is not doing as well in the pocket post injury and I can’t trust their D.  

I’m taking the Rams in a blowout win over the Bears. The Bears line is absolute mess 

Which begs the question.. why is Matt Nagy starting Justin Fields.. I'd rather roll with Foles until their line issues are solved...

2 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

- Looking at KC to cover.   TD game.

- Have to remember Fitzmagic is in there for The Skins now. Regardless how far the Chargers are going,   Fitz is worth a couple picks a game.

- Vikings to cover

- Rams are going to hammer CHI defensively.   CHI might do a bit of the same because they still have a talented defense, but the continuity and experience favors LAR.

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

- Looking at KC to cover.   TD game.

- Have to remember Fitzmagic is in there for The Skins now. Regardless how far the Chargers are going,   Fitz is worth a couple picks a game.

- Vikings to cover

- Rams are going to hammer CHI defensively.   CHI might do a bit of the same because they still have a talented defense, but the continuity and experience favors LAR.

If I recall correctly Fitz magic has had some good early season runs. 

edit: I looked and it’s very good (3/4 TD games no INTs or very bad (1 TD and 3 INTs). Which guy shows up is a better question…leaning toward fitzmagic Sunday 

4 hours ago, nickers said:

Which begs the question.. why is Matt Nagy starting Justin Fields.. I'd rather roll with Foles until their line issues are solved...

Dalton is starting and is a sitting duck with that porous line.  I’d give them a punchers chance with Fields at least he can get away from the pressure 

4 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Dalton is starting and is a sitting duck with that porous line.  I’d give them a punchers chance with Fields at least he can get away from the pressure 

yeah , I forgot about Dalton being there.. Thats even more interesting.... But I dunno.. Ohio St. QB's don't fare well in the NFL..

8 minutes ago, nickers said:

yeah , I forgot about Dalton being there.. Thats even more interesting.... But I dunno.. Ohio St. QB's don't fare well in the NFL..

If Nagy wants to coach in 2022 he’ll simplify the play book, cut the field in half and do some run/pass options and bring Fields in by late September/early October.

They can play some defense and the weapons are okay.

You aren’t winning with sitting duck/check down Andy 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Browns149 said:

Every place I have seen have the Browns +6

You are correct it is CLE +6 and I have no idea where I got +3.5 except that it was about 5 am ?    -_-

I even screenshot the page with the BROWNS' game.   Either way I would pick the BROWNS' here......why not !

GO BROWNS !

22 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

If Nagy wants to coach in 2022 he’ll simplify the play book, cut the field in half and do some run/pass options and bring Fields in by late September/early October.

They can play some defense and the weapons are okay.

You aren’t winning with sitting duck/check down Andy 

Two words - Joe. Burrow.

If you can't protect the rookie, eventually he's going to take way too many shots.  Athletic or not.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

You are correct it is CLE +6 and I have no idea where I got +3.5 except that it was about 5 am ?    -_-

I even screenshot the page with the BROWNS' game.   Either way I would pick the BROWNS' here......why not !

GO BROWNS !

I took the Browns +6

9 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Two words - Joe. Burrow.

If you can't protect the rookie, eventually he's going to take way too many shots.  Athletic or not.  

Well Joe stood in the pocket Admirably and threw 63 passes against us Week 2.   Many of us said it then…he ain’t gonna last putting him in a pocket and taking a pounding and giving your back 17 carries a game. 

Fields will never be that guy. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Two words - Joe. Burrow.

Even the "don't touch the quarterback" rules might not save him...... unless he can get the ball 🏈 and fire it real quick.

Still it will be interesting to see how he does.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Well Joe stood in the pocket Admirably and threw 63 passes against us Week 2.   Many of us said it then…he ain’t gonna last putting him in a pocket and taking a pounding and giving your back 17 carries a game. 

Fields will never be that guy. 

Fields will never be that guy in what way?  As in he won't stand back in the pocket, hold the ball and sling it?   I think the amount of sacks credited to him from 2019 & 2020 alone indicates he is more than willing and capable of doing so.    Can he process and deliver as fast as Burrow could/can ?...is another matter entirely

59 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Fields will never be that guy in what way?  As in he won't stand back in the pocket, hold the ball and sling it?   I think the amount of sacks credited to him from 2019 & 2020 alone indicates he is more than willing and capable of doing so.    Can he process and deliver as fast as Burrow could/can ?...is another matter entirely

I don’t see the Bears offense coupled with Fields skill set operating from the pocket and throwing the ball 61 times in a game.   It is anti-bears who still seem to have the black and blue mantra tattooed into their brains.  Heck They brought in Jay Gunslinging Cutler and turned him into a guy that leaned on the run and playaction. 

You are right I don’t see him processing the game like Joe especially with his limited experience. But  I don’t see the Bears making him process the game and throw 61 times in his second start either.  I dont see Justin hanging in the pocket either and waiting for that third WR to shake free either where joe may hang in there.  Justin would just use that speed and running ability and gain positive yards. 

I sympathize with the Bears fan who see more hope leaning on the on d and run game making the gameplan QB friendly…we did it year 1 with Baker. 

12 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I don’t see the Bears offense coupled with Fields skill set operating from the pocket and throwing the ball 61 times in a game.   It is anti-bears who still seem to have the black and blue mantra tattooed into their brains.  Heck They brought in Jay Gunslinging Cutler and turned him into a guy that leaned on the run and playaction. 

You are right I don’t see him processing the game like Joe especially with his limited experience. But  I don’t see the Bears making him process the game and throw 61 times in his second start either.  I dont see Justin hanging in the pocket either and waiting for that third WR to shake free either where joe may hang in there.  Justin would just use that speed and running ability and gain positive yards. 

I sympathize with the Bears fan who see more hope leaning on the on d and run game making the gameplan QB friendly…we did it year 1 with Baker. 

Point taken.  Though reigning some of Cutlers gunslinger tendencies which lead to turnovers was best for the team.  Plus he had Matt Forte. So it's not like you don't want to lean on that kind of weapon.

12 hours ago, Pat Mahomo said:

No one here is claiming Baker has the talent of Mahomes,  and to win a Super Bowl,  he doesn't  have to. If you think Mahomes nutso contract is now the standard, you're NUTS. The more likely benchmark is the extension  Josh Allen got. 

49 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Fuck you, Mahomo.

Just show up either way.

Z

He won't... He's a loud mouth pussy with dare I say it... Zero class.. as in NO class!..

• Upvote 1