THE BROWNS BOARD

Big Defensive Showing Sunday- Prediction

BobPOUND!

I was watching the game last Sunday and within the first quarter I was thinking "MAN.. If this was anybody but Mahomes or Jackson, they would be getting Malachi crunched by Garret and Clowny on nearly every other play".   

And it finally happened late in the 4th.. The two FINALLY met at the QB in an absolutely crucial moment..  I thought our run defense was exceptional.. Of course, except for Patrick's runs(which would be the same for Jackson)...

We are going up against Tyrod Taylor on Sunday. He can run, but he is no Lamar or Patrick that's for damn sure, as we saw in the Jet's game 2 years ago.  I think this becomes a very long day for Tyrod and their offense.  Our run stopping game is much improved this year.. I feel that nothing has changed in the middle of the defense. Patrick easily picked the gaps in our zone with ease, and I think any team is going to be able to exploit this weakness.  the only way to stop this, is to get to the QB.. The only way to get to the QB is to force them into passing situations by denying their run game early.  Force this game into the hands of Tyrod, and that will be a feast for Clowny and Garret..

Our offense was spectacular last week. Literally THREE plays I can point to that cost us that game..  it was literally that tight.. 3 plays was the difference..  Chubb dropping the ball, Mayfield under throwing Njoku on that last possession. and Mayfield getting tripped and throwing the INT to seal it.. That is it... No other team, again other than Baltimore, is going to be that tight..

We have to figure out how to Beat the Chiefs and the Ravens if we want to make it to the Super Bowl...

• 2 weeks later...