THE BROWNS BOARD

★ NFL WEEK 3 ★ News and notes.  Chicago +7.5 at Cleveland !    At 1 pm on FOX.

mjp28

★ NFL WEEK 3 ★ News and notes.  Chicago +7.5 at Cleveland !    O/U about 45.  At 1 pm on FOX

And the other important details from the NFL injury report,. FRIDAY 2 PM.

Bears
Player Position Injuries Practice Status Game Status
Jeremiah Attaochu LB   Limited Participation in Practice  
Akiem Hicks DT   ★ Did Not Participate In Practice  
Marquise Goodwin WR   Full Participation in Practice  
Tashaun Gipson S   ★ Did Not Participate In Practice  
Eddie Goldman DT   Limited Participation in Practice  
Darnell Mooney WR   Limited Participation in Practice  
Jimmy Graham TE   Full Participation in Practice  
Andy Dalton QB   ★ Did Not Participate In Practice  

Browns
Player Position Injuries Practice Status Game Status
Malcolm Smith LB   Full Participation in Practice  
Sione Takitaki LB   ★ Did Not Participate In Practice  
Odell Beckham Jr. WR   Full Participation in Practice  
Jack Conklin T   Limited Participation in Practice  
Tony Fields II LB   ★ Did Not Participate In Practice  
Baker Mayfield QB   Full Participation in Practice  
Chris Hubbard T   ★ Did Not Participate In Practice  
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah LB   Limited Participation in Practice  
Jadeveon Clowney DE   Limited Participation in Practice  
Joel Bitonio G   Limited Participation in Practice  
Jedrick Wills T   ★ Did Not Participate In Practice  
Anthony Schwartz WR   Full Participation in Practice  
JC Tretter C   ★ Did Not Participate In Practice  
Demetric Felton RB   Limited Participation in Practice

And week by week as this longest regular season goes by we can get a better idea of who might get a playoff spot.  

Last year of the teams that started 0-2 zero made the playoffs.

After week 2 there is 11.8% of the 17 game season gone after week 3 that will be 17.6% gone and the wear and tear on the players mounts.  So who can stay healthy enough ? Who has the deepest bench ?  What surprise players emerge ?  Who are the contenders and pretenders ?         That's why they play the game....... and we watch !    

SUPER BOWL 56 TOP 10 CONTENDERS....into week 3.   

• Kansas City Chiefs +450
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers +700
  • Buffalo Bills +1100
  • Los Angeles Rams +1200
  • Baltimore Ravens +1400
  • Green Bay Packers +1400
  • San Francisco 49ers +1400
  • Cleveland Browns +1600.      https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/?s=4787
  • Tennessee Titans +2000
  • Seattle Seahawks +2500

And a classic from 1974 especially for you younger football fans and memory for you older ones.  Just click here --->  

Description

Autumn Wind by John Facenda (1974)
Grey Beard12,003 viewsJul 7, 2020
This video is a telecast, broadcast, and production of NFL Films. I claim no ownership of this material, and do not profit from it in anyway. This video is intended for historical and educational viewing purposes. First recorded by John Facenda as part of NFL Film's "The Championship Chase."

Just a quick look ahead at WEEK 4 and the AFCN games.  These point spreads can vary greatly at times but it's interesting to look ahead.......  players and coaches do it !

Thursday Night Football JAX +4.5 at CIN,  the battle of 1st pick quarterbacks.

Sunday 4:25 pm game PIT +6.5 at GB.    The rest listed below including CLE favored at MIN and BAL a small favorite at mile high.  

Check the rest here.   https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/?s=1752

Screenshot_2021-09-25_103302.jpg

16 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Image    who's that cellar dwelling ?     

Looking at those rushing stats, someone had better tell Vagitron they had better step it up in the rushing department or they're going to be rushing to a top 10 draft pick.  And get Ben sent to a quick trip to IR if he has to throw 40 times a game.  :)

The truly hysterical thing I keep reading from Bears pundits is they want to force Baker Mayfield to beat them. Ask a bunch of teams last year how THAT went. They keep saying how Baker is prone to mistakes, but what those idiots don't realize is Baker had 8 picks...for the SEASON and threw just one over the second half of the year. Go ahead, make him beat you. You'll get a quick death compared to the slow one from Chubb. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

The truly hysterical thing I keep reading from Bears pundits is they want to force Baker Mayfield to beat them. Ask a bunch of teams last year how THAT went. They keep saying how Baker is prone to mistakes, but what those idiots don't realize is Baker had 8 picks...for the SEASON and threw just one over the second half of the year. Go ahead, make him beat you. You'll get a quick death compared to the slow one from Chubb. 

I’ve seen that as well…This is not 2019. 

They’ve had issues with slot WRs this year and T Gipson is doubtful.  So they can have fun with that strategy. 

Eddie Goldman is out he’s a key guy in stopping the run..they may need to sell out here.

I’m looking forward to Jason Peters vs Myles 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

…......... Rush / G   Pass / G   Sack Run D / G   Pass D / G   Sack Give/Take
Browns 155 3rd 267 27th 8th 78 9th 272 22nd 27th -2
Bears 129 10th 166 31st 5th 72 5th 246 15th 11th +1

Obviously these season stats have only two weeks of data...so...

The Bears are good against the run...and still only 15th against the pass.  A pretty solid D by the numbers.  And in theory, our D matches up well against their offense.

I have this as a Must Win on my season schedule.  We Must beat the teams that we're Supposed to beat.  We need every one of those wins.

10 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Also I bet Dutch Oven is so fun at parties. 

I also hear Dutch is a regular patron at the local Glory Hole...

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Also I bet Dutch Oven is so fun at parties. 

I bet that you rode a shorter than average length bus to school and spent most of the time there building birdhouses from popsicle sticks, from the quality of your posts here. 

On 9/25/2021 at 4:17 PM, SdBacker80 said:

I’m looking forward to Jason Peters vs Myles

Why yes...I thoroughly enjoyed it! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

3 for 4 this weekend. 

I may just take the Steelers opponents each week as this was the second week in row I took the underdog ML opponent against the Squealers. 

Can't believe you didn't take titans to cover at -5.

Good job taking Cincy as the road dog.  Once I saw TJ and Highsmith were out I went in on it myself.

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Can't believe you didn't take titans to cover at -5.

Good job taking Cincy as the road dog.  Once I saw TJ and Highsmith were out I went in on it myself.

Division opponent…Titans up and down early…Colts desperate I expected a low scoring slugfest and when Wentz was ruled in I thought this would be a 20-16 type game with lack of explosive plays with the Titans holding on late. 

I didn’t see the Steeler game but From my Steeler buddy…JJ Watt while it hurt not having him the defense still showed up and I saw they gave up like 300 total yards…he didn’t think Watt would have been enough.  Steelers as we know have some offensive issues. 

Now switching to next week and to college…I’m kind of shocked by OSU being 3 TD favorites on the road with defensive issues and QB questions.  Rutgers while trailing in the first half figured Michigan out and I thought they looked like the better team for 2 1/2 quarters.  Not going to be easy this week for OSU.

12 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Division opponent…Titans up and down early…Colts desperate I expected a low scoring slugfest and when Wentz was ruled in I thought this would be a 20-16 type game with lack of explosive plays with the Titans holding on late. 

I didn’t see the Steeler game but From my Steeler buddy…JJ Watt while it hurt not having him the defense still showed up and I saw they gave up like 300 total yards…he didn’t think Watt would have been enough.  Steelers as we know have some offensive issues. 

Now switching to next week and to college…I’m kind of shocked by OSU being 3 TD favorites on the road with defensive issues and QB questions.  Rutgers while trailing in the first half figured Michigan out and I thought they looked like the better team for 2 1/2 quarters.  Not going to be easy this week for OSU.

I might take Rutgers to cover but I just lost an easy 50 spot thinking we wouldn't cover V Akron.

In my defense, Akron would have coveted but #18 dropped a pass right down the seam that hit him in the hands.

5 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

I may just take the Steelers opponents each week as this was the second week in row I took the underdog... 

ya know the 4 usual cars you see going to work with these? GIFs Terrible towel Justkeepswimming Pittsburgh steelers GIF    I finally caught one at the gas station in my Myles jersey & Elf cap 🤓..

Dimwit says.. "you losers played well yesterday"... my response "as did you".."now can i help you with some yellow duct tape to cover the word 'towel. on that damm flag  😂 

Until we meet again Bitch- tits "Cheers Bitches" Cocktail napkins 5" x 5" 20 pack 3 ply 

• Haha 2