THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

On 10/2/2021 at 12:53 PM, mjp28 said:

I see good things in Lawrence's future who also did ok in college.

I do not... and "OK" om that Clemson team is a very low bar...

On 10/4/2021 at 3:49 PM, Kvoethe said:

Trying to find my post where I told vagitron his steelers wont win 8 games

Jesus...they may not win 5.  Bwahhahahhhhaaaaa

@Vagitron

You just jinxed it. The defense once healthy has all the talent to carry the offense. Line was better last week but Ben is dancing because he’s hearing footsteps and rightfully so. Tons of injuries, it is what it is. If they only win 5 that means a high ass draft pick without giving up draft capitol. It also, if they so choose gives them ability to trade up into the first for a second first. Anyone that believes the Steelers are heading for extended dark days isn’t paying attention. I’m prepared for a terrible season but won’t be shocked if they gut it out to .500.

• Haha 1

On 10/5/2021 at 10:40 PM, Vagitron said:

You just jinxed it. The defense once healthy has all the talent to carry the offense. Line was better last week but Ben is dancing because he’s hearing footsteps and rightfully so. Tons of injuries, it is what it is. If they only win 5 that means a high ass draft pick without giving up draft capitol. It also, if they so choose gives them ability to trade up into the first for a second first. Anyone that believes the Steelers are heading for extended dark days isn’t paying attention. I’m prepared for a terrible season but won’t be shocked if they gut it out to .500.

The glass is always 1\2 full with you. However, other than your homer sources- they're not agreeing with your assessment.  :)  Starting with this coming Sunday where the majority of the Vegas oddsmakers have your game with the Broncos as a pick 'em.   Nice backtracking- when we said from the get-go starting an almost entirely new OL was going to be a recipe for disaster getting the ever more immobile Ben killed.  

It's early, but I've heard the 2022 draft isn't going to be the greatest to go QB shopping... And as we love to say around here- Joe Haden isn't getting any younger.  

• Thanks 1

Oh, and a little further info for our pal Vagitron.  Call it piling on. I just took the time to watch the second half of the Steelers- Green Bay game. MHO? The Steelers blew chunks. Has-Ben was reduced to dinking and dunking, hi Mr. dump off, and their D was anything but great. They very well could be 1-6 going into November. 

Gosh- someone likes to think everyone in sports MSM who bashes the Steelers- it's all FAKE NEWS!!! There's this thing called preponderance of evidence.  :)

For your entertainment.   

https://www.nfl.com/news/offensive-player-rankings-week-5-could-the-pittsburgh-steelers-bench-ben-roethli

On 10/7/2021 at 4:04 PM, hoorta said:

The glass is always 1\2 full with you. However, other than your homer sources- they're not agreeing with your assessment.  :)  Starting with this coming Sunday where the majority of the Vegas oddsmakers have your game with the Broncos as a pick 'em.   Nice backtracking- when we said from the get-go starting an almost entirely new OL was going to be a recipe for disaster getting the ever more immobile Ben killed.  

It's early, but I've heard the 2022 draft isn't going to be the greatest to go QB shopping... And as we love to say around here- Joe Haden isn't getting any younger.  

I don’t think they are drafting a qb unless corral is there for them, maybe Willis. I’m not backtracking anything. I already said the line was bad and I didn’t expect it. Don’t come in here with the hindsight is 20/20 shit Larry. I’m not the kind of “homer” you are used to as I research everything, all the time. Joe Haden already knows he isn’t being retained. He’s testing after this season as it was already announced. I appreciate you Larry but don’t assume I’m like all the other Steeler fans you encounter. 

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

I don’t think they are drafting a qb unless corral is there for them, maybe Willis. I’m not backtracking anything. I already said the line was bad and I didn’t expect it. Don’t come in here with the hindsight is 20/20 shit Larry. I’m not the kind of “homer” you are used to as I research everything, all the time. Joe Haden already knows he isn’t being retained. He’s testing after this season as it was already announced. I appreciate you Larry but don’t assume I’m like all the other Steeler fans you encounter. 

ya larry

• Haha 1