THE BROWNS BOARD

Musings on: If the salary cap drinving the league deeper into the arms of the RPO?

Tour2ma

Feels like it to me....

Not that Ghoulie was right/correct, but if you have a QB with escapability then the OL skill versatility, if not level, can decrease.... especially if you go ZBS as well (and who isn't?). Net result? Fewer OL $s. Leaving more for D and WRs. Ditto RB if your main Runner is your QB. complimentary backs are much cheaper. Have a variety pack on hand for scenarios. TEs... couple of balanced ones, blocking and catching... Pure receiving? Nice if one has surprise upside, but not required.

WRs.... emerging trend seems to be accumulating semi-studs of varying skill sets and sizes. BUF is latest example I see.... with Beasley to sanders and then add a Diggs... Wow.

D?

Above means more to spend here as well... Buy em cheap and deep... keep em fresh.

• DTs: one speed/quick penetrator.... best way to wreck the RPO/ZBS attack is middle penetration.
  • DEs.... speed rules, but can it get home against RPO? Much less of time, but as with WRs, rather than spending on elite here, amass speed and rotate the shit out of it with spares in the wing.
  • LBs.... **Tour bangs the drum slowly** There is still a role for an enforcing thumper at the Mike.... and for me that is still the linchpin position. I see Micah in Blue and White and get pissed. Tge dude starts a game at RILB, his side's DE goes down and he steps in and does a job at DE the balance of the game. Sometimes size comes in handy....
  • CBs... COLLECT them all if you can to get as deep as you can for they are small and the season be long. Spend to add or retain Elite? Match up dependant, IMO. If a division WR is the difference between makin playoffs or not, then sure, but otherwise collect semi studs.

Not a fan of the direction, but it's what I see.... and our AFCN rival, former selves blazing the trail.... from well in front.

With a geographically closer rival is hot pursuit... At least per the SNF crew in their discussion about this one-year transition experiment in Black and Gold.

And, yes, if your RPO QB gets broke in a given year, you are out of it and likely falling like a rock to a top-ten draft slot... sauce for the Goose.

• Thanks 1