THE BROWNS BOARD

QB Passing Accuracy

DawgTracker

I saw a very interesting show on one of the science channels. They were analyzing how accurately Drew Brees throws a football and why that is possible.

They compared Olympic level bow shooters to Brees at 20 yards. They said an olympic caliber (not champion) shooter can hit the bullseye (looked to be about 12") half of the time at 20 yards. Drew Brees hit the bullseye 10 out of 10 times from 20 yards.

They said that Brees has flawless mechanics which do not vary from throw to throw (unlike some other QBs). So why aren't QBs taught at a young age to have a simple delivery that can be repeated each throw?

Danamal pretty much hit the nail on the head here.

Once you start talking about the human body, you can goto an infinite amount of descriptions as to why we can do what we can do.

I am 6'3 tall, and when I was a sophmore in high school I weight oh about a buck 50. I have been able to constantly drive the ball over 300 yards on average. Still can to this day and since I have put on a nice amount of weight it has increased in distance.

It's a crazy thing, how unique different things are to each of us. What Drew does wouldn't work for 99% of the people in the world. Now you can mimic it, but your going to end up taking your own version of what you do anyways.

Some of us are just lucky, and well some of us are good at math :)

Dont get me started on golf,Im the only asshole who can drive the ball 338 yards on a par 4 410 yd hole and still score a 7!

I fukin hate that game...

Look, i can consistantly drive the green of 350+ par4's. Consistantly though it happens to be the green of the par4 to left of the hole i'm playing. :o

I don't think people understand how much Brees has worked on his game over the years. The guy is a "short" QB by NFL standards, but has put in hard work and is a smart football player. I don't believe in "natural gifts" for the most part, especially with a case like Brees. I believe he has probably worked on his throwing way more than the average NFL QB and that's probably why most QB's can't match what he has done.

Archived