THE BROWNS BOARD

Myles Garrett- "Refs need to get some new glasses"

jrb12711

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/22/myles-garrett-says-refs-need-new-glasses-after-missed-holding-calls/

I cannot state how strongly I feel about refs this season. I don't think they are out to get the Browns, I don't. But Jesus Christ, it's hard not to feel that way. This team is an atrocious PI call from being 4-2, there's nothing you can say that would make me feel strongly different. Then shit like this:

Note how the ref is literally looking RIGHT AT Garrett and did not throw the flag there.  I really wish there was something to be done, it's completely out of control. How can you not feel like they are targeting certain players and teams, ya know?

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/22/myles-garrett-says-refs-need-new-glasses-after-missed-holding-calls/

I cannot state how strongly I feel about refs this season. I don't think they are out to get the Browns, I don't. But Jesus Christ, it's hard not to feel that way. This team is an atrocious PI call from being 4-2, there's nothing you can say that would make me feel strongly different. Then shit like this:

Note how the ref is literally looking RIGHT AT Garrett and did not throw the flag there.  I really wish there was something to be done, it's completely out of control. How can you not feel like they are targeting certain players and teams, ya know?

He was held a lot.  I wouldn’t complain about this if we got away with it on the flip side but lately We’ve had our abnormal share of random hold calls

There were a handful of terrible spots.  I noticed a few that caused 3rd and 1 scenarios.  The Teddy sneak on 4th bad spot too.

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

This is the play I mentioned in the game thread that even bowles was looking around for the flag afterwards lol

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

46 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

He was held a lot.  I wouldn’t complain about this if we got away with it on the flip side but lately We’ve had our abnormal share of random hold calls

There were a handful of terrible spots.  I noticed a few that caused 3rd and 1 scenarios.  The Teddy sneak on 4th bad spot too.

It's a disgrace. I believe corrupt nutjob goodhell needs to provide some explanations. At times, Garrett is being held about like being tackled - no calls?????????

It isn't all refs. But it sure the heck is SOME REFS - being corrupt. You can't be a "pro ref", look RIGHT AT THE FOUL INFRONT OF YOU, and ignore it.  Something is going on, and the NFL (notice the commerical about the NFL ? btw) needs to hold the "bad call accident" refs ACCOUNTABLE.

I wish the media would start asking the NFL. I guess the NFL doesn't have to admit the refs "screwed up" and made a team have a tougher time winning a game with outrageous unfair calls that are inexplicable.

it's getting to be an epidemic with the NFL's silence. Apparently, they condone it.

Coach needs to take a fine. He needs sack up, set the money aside, and just take it like a man. At what point does this change? 

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

It's a disgrace. I believe corrupt nutjob goodhell needs to provide some explanations. At times, Garrett is being held about like being tackled - no calls?????????

It isn't all refs. But it sure the heck is SOME REFS - being corrupt. You can't be a "pro ref", look RIGHT AT THE FOUL INFRONT OF YOU, and ignore it.  Something is going on, and the NFL (notice the commerical about the NFL ? btw) needs to hold the "bad call accident" refs ACCOUNTABLE.

I wish the media would start asking the NFL. I guess the NFL doesn't have to admit the refs "screwed up" and made a team have a tougher time winning a game with outrageous unfair calls that are inexplicable.

it's getting to be an epidemic with the NFL's silence. Apparently, they condone it.

last week that phantom late hit on murrey the t.v guy even said he didnt see it and then no replay and no mention of it ever again

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Coach needs to take a fine. He needs sack up, set the money aside, and just take it like a man. At what point does this change? 

I for sure agree. The problem is though, refs clearly retaliate on players, teams and coaches.  It's why while I agree, the owners need to be the ones who rain fire down from above in my opinion. The other thing that comes up is fining/suspending refs for egregious misses. I can play my own devil's advocate on why that's more difficult than it sounds, because that would be like fining a QB for throwing a bad INT.

The middle ground there is without a doubt expanding replay. Holding is one of those things where you could call it every play, so it can't just be a free for all. However, it could easily be established to have a limited amount of times in a game where a coach can challenge a missed call. Maybe expand the total challenges to 3, but only 2 can be used for holding or something. Likewise, when a clearly wrong flag is thrown (like the DPI against the chargers) that HAS to be reviewable. It's inexcusable that it is not, really.

So it makes the game last 10-20 minutes longer-who gives a shit? In fact, stopping the game 3-4 more times for those sweet, sweet commercials probably makes everyone happy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Lately, like since 1999. 

Reminded me of the game in Oakland about 3 years ago. Bad spots, & Hohuli's son said Baker was allowed to be hit in the head.

I watch a ton of football, seems to me the Browns get jobbed a lot. I honestly think Tagliabue didn't want a team here, & when we got it back the only recourse he had was to screw us on the field. Example- I see players taking their helmets off all the time, only Dewayne Rudd got penalized for it. It's a long long list of horrible calls vs the Browns since the return.

I'd love to be wrong but that's how I see it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bob806 said:

I watch a ton of football, seems to me the Browns get jobbed a lot. I honestly think Tagliabue didn't want a team here, & when we got it back the only recourse he had was to screw us on the field. Example- I see players taking their helmets off all the time, only Dewayne Rudd got penalized for it. It's a long long list of horrible calls vs the Browns since the return.

I'd love to be wrong but that's how I see it.

fuck tagliabue  instead of giving teams back to st.louis and baltimore  he chose carolina and jacksonville  when they already had atlanta tampa and miami and even count new orleans and houston in the region I never liked that cock smoker all hail pete rozelle  and also fuck the titans

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

the owners need to be the ones who rain fire down from above in my opinion. The other thing that comes up is fining/suspending refs for egregious misses.

I think that there's some responsibility that the fans bear. We did nothing wrong during bottlegate and it's about time opposing teams and referees start fearing D batteries raining out of the dawg pound again.

• Upvote 1

a free "count them for yourself" 🧐 

Garrett Bolles vs. Myles Garrett video (use youtube)

Bolles was called for one (mugging) all night..  a fair 3 from my viewing glasses 🤓 

Michael Garcia
You must be blind or ignorant to the game. Bolles allowed 3 pressures, 1 hit, and 4 holds which 3 were not called. On one of the holds that wasn’t called he still managed to get to the flat and make the tackle. Could’ve been a 4 sack game for Garrett 

Anybody see the Falcons' kicker on the GW FG?

Yep, took his helmet off right in the middle of the field, NO PENALTY😬

So that proves my point above...Rudd remains the only player ever to be penalized for it.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

So that proves my point above...Rudd remains the only player ever to be penalized for it.

In my mind that call is still the worst one I have ever seen. The call itself combined with what it meant to the entirety of the game was just awful. 

I'm a spirt of the rule vs letter of the rule guy, and while technically the call was letter by letter of the rule book, there wouldn't be a single nonbiased person that would agree that the call was the intent of the idiots who wrote it. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, D Bone said:

In my mind that call is still the worst one I have ever seen. The call itself combined with what it meant to the entirety of the game was just awful. 

The bottlegate call where the refs went back two plays to review a catch and then reversed the call and gave the ball back to the Jags and cost the Browns a playoff spot might be worse.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, D Bone said:

I'm a spirt of the rule vs letter of the rule guy, and while technically the call was letter by letter of the rule book, there wouldn't be a single nonbiased person that would agree that the call was the intent of the idiots who wrote it. 

I'd say the worst call I've ever seen live and in color was the false start miss: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-reportedly-fires-official-after-missing-blatant-false-start-in-chargers-browns-game/. I know the ref was fired, but holy shit. 

Again, it becomes pretty hard to not feel like organizations are targeted. It's just out of control, and I'm so beyond tired of hearing the  "well if the Browns just did X they would have won!". Man, fuck that-it just lets the refs off with being really bad at their jobs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

and another thing. The Bengals beat the ratbirds. During the game, Burrow got head slapped/helmet slapped bigtime.....

no call.

the nfl has their favorite teams. probably about $$$$$. But it has to stop, it's ruining the game and their credibility.

"don't call too many holding penalties, I'll just let the referees pick and choose which ones they feel like calling"

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

and another thing. The Bengals beat the ratbirds. During the game, Burrow got head slapped/helmet slapped bigtime.....

no call.

the nfl has their favorite teams. probably about $$$$$. But it has to stop, it's ruining the game and their credibility.

"don't call too many holding penalties, I'll just let the referees pick and choose which ones they feel like calling"

Did you see that McDowell got a 3k fine for his "Roughing the Passer" penalty....  I thought the damn call to even penalize that hit was BS, let alone a fine...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, hx214 said:

Did you see that McDowell got a 3k fine for his "Roughing the Passer" penalty....  I thought the damn call to even penalize that hit was BS, let alone a fine...

he got FINED for that?

something is really wrong in the NFL referee rooms.

On 10/24/2021 at 3:32 PM, Bob806 said:

Well... when Rudd did it the game was not over.... so there's that.

And as you said above "game-wining" which carries alon with it "game over".

Don't you hate it, Bob, when facts get in the way?

Pretty common 'round here albeit in another section... the section 8 section to be precise. :D

12 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Well... when Rudd did it the game was not over.... so there's that.

And as you said above "game-wining" which carries alon with it "game over".

Don't you hate it, Bob, when facts get in the way?

Pretty common 'round here albeit in another section... the section 8 section to be precise. :D

Incorrect sir, the play did not result in a sack as Rudd thought, it continued and the clock ran out on that play.

They had an untimed down to kick the GW FG. 

15 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

he got FINED for that?

something is really wrong in the NFL referee rooms.

To be totally fair, he was fined not for the egregiously bad one, but this one which was just bad (as in IMO also a bad call): https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2021/10/23/questionable-malik-mcdowell-penalty-from-week-6-leads-to-a-fine-as-well/

Still though, for the league (and refs) to not only penalize that but also say "it was so bad you lose money" is so damn whack. It boggles the mind, really.

08As dumb as it sounds, this game could come down to holding penalties. If Myles draws SOME of the valid holding calls this week and puts Pittsburgh really behind the sticks, that's going to be very difficult for them to overcome. Conversely, if WE get called for holding trying to run the ball extensively, the same can be said for us. I'm not pleased with the penalties our team has committed this year and we have to clean it up. 

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

08As dumb as it sounds, this game could come down to holding penalties. If Myles draws SOME of the valid holding calls this week and puts Pittsburgh really behind the sticks, that's going to be very difficult for them to overcome. Conversely, if WE get called for holding trying to run the ball extensively, the same can be said for us. I'm not pleased with the penalties our team has committed this year and we have to clean it up. 

I’ll take just take it called evenly. 

If Myles is grabbed and no call then Watt should be grabbed with no call.  If we “hold” on our offensive line then they “hold” on the WR screen plays they love to run. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Incorrect sir, the play did not result in a sack as Rudd thought, it continued and the clock ran out on that play.

I eagerly await your next reply... ;) come what may

8 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Accurraate account (there's video), but nonetheless the game was not over when helmet was removed during the play continuing after time expired. On-going plays at 00:00 go to completion.

So not seeing my "wrong here".

May I offer you a draw? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePyioRZNABc

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Accurraate account (there's video), but nonetheless the game was not over when helmet was removed during the play continuing after time expired. On-going plays at 00:00 go to completion.

So not seeing my "wrong here".

May I offer you a draw? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePyioRZNABc

Ill take the draw, & won't deny Rudd was a dumb***