THE BROWNS BOARD

It's Steeler Week !

gumby73

I want to be excited, but ever since Baker got hurt it feels like all the Browns air has been forced out if my lungs and I'm struggling to see a way this season will end with our team on top. I know, I know...I'm being a negative douche bag. I guess I'm just disappointed. I absolutely adore Baker Mayfield and it hurts me to see him injured. 

OK, therapy session over. We got Jed, Conklin, Chubb, and Landry back. Clowney and Garrett will be MUCH healthier and so will OBJ. The truly frustrating thing is...we're just missing our QB and leader. I'm just not sure Case Keenum can beat the Steelers, not even THIS Steelers team. So many people believe Pittsburgh is total garbage, and while they're far from good, they arent going to roll over for us. 

I went back and watched the Broncos game and there are several concerning things I noticed. First and foremost, we absolutely dominated the game...and won by three points. In fact, it felt a lot like the San Diego game. We get the ball back up by just a little and we need to drain the clock to win. We failed against San Diego, we didn't fail this time. Still, in my heart I know that if we punted, we would have lost that game. 

Secondly, Keenum had 4 plays that were almost fumbles. I mean he was a duck's fart away from losing the game on 4 separate occasions and he was THIS close to totally losing the game on that 4th and 3 scramble he had for the 1st down. He basically fumbled it, although marked down by contact, and the ball rolled to our player in the end zone. 

Lastly, that Cleveland wind did NOT agree with Case Keenum. Homeboy had OBJ wide open down the field and the wind slammed into that deep ball like a freight train. Same thing happened to Bridgewater on that interception. The weather will only get worse and I'm not confident Case can get the ball down the field. 

If we had a healthy Baker, I'd pick us to win this game all day every day. But we don't, and I don't think we're getting him back. Even if we did, there's no way to protect Baker...especially in the Pittsburgh game. They ALWAYS hit our QB hard every game. I also have the worst feeling that Chase is going to miss FG's Sunday. That wind will be swirling and there's never a good time to miss. Hopefully I'm wrong...I hate the Steelers. 

Nice kick off, gum....

Vag been seen 'round lately?

I got MG with 3+ sacks and 0 helmet swings... but at least one wave and skip past his ole buddy Mason on the sideline... laughing and pointing.

8 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Lastly, that Cleveland wind did NOT agree with Case Keenum.

Yup... that's the spin rate arm strength issue. but Ben's gun is gone as well... so... but he is seeing the field again.

Gotta chip TJ early and often and all the time. Gotta run... gotta PAP... to offset the rest.... biggest worry here? Alex Highsmith opposite TJ followed by the great Cam Heyward inside. Also expect to see Ingram rotating in for Highsmith and in that spot role he's still dangerous. I think on their side we can supplement pro with our FB, but not on TJ's side. Can't let him have room to move or acelerate.

Us? First to the whomevers I was arguing, against our Mr. D'Ernest... my apologies. Kid balled out last week. Looked him space to moved every bit as quick as y'all were maintaining. Obviously need more of that Sunday plus a ton of Felton outflanking the OLBs. Rough em up with doubles when they rush and run them ragged with flanking manuevers. Kinda like Sean Payto did last nite with Kamara.

And then there's Bush and Schobert in the middle...

Saw where Conklin and Wills are both expecte?d to practice. Doesn't suck... but they'll need help.

S/T's? Need our Hammer to have a game cause their Punter has been on fire of late.

image.thumb.png.d6bb5dddd756eb8da1c98c5f9404b448.png

• Upvote 2

There’s an expectation now that #Browns QB Baker Mayfield will practice Wednesday, in some capacity, barring any setbacks, per league source.

and To my Haters....... 

This contains an image of: {{ pinTitle }}

I kinda like our chances this week...

BM non-factor... but Chubb looks good to go.

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-announce-unofficial-depth-chart-for-week-8-vs-steelers

Offense

Table inside Article
Position 1st 2nd 3rd 4th
WR Jarvis Landry Donovan Peoples-Jones Anthony Schwartz  
LT Jedrick Wills Jr. Alex Taylor    
LG Joel Bitonio Hjalte Froholdt    
C JC Tretter Michael Dunn    
RG Wyatt Teller Blake Hance    
RT Jack Conklin James Hudson III    
TE Austin Hooper David Njoku Harrison Bryant  
WR Odell Beckham Jr. Rashard Higgins    
QB Baker Mayfield Case Keenum    
RB Nick Chubb D'Ernest Johnson Demetric Felton John Kelly Jr.
FB Johnny Stanton IV      

Defense

Table inside Article
Position 1st 2nd 3rd
LDE Myles Garrett Takkarist McKinley  
LDT Malik Jackson Jordan Elliott  
RDT Malik McDowell Andrew Billings Tommy Togiai
RDE Jadeveon Clowney Joe Jackson Ifeadi Odenigbo
WILL Mack Wilson Sr. Tony Fields II  
MIKE Anthony Walker Jr. Elijah Lee  
SAM Sione Takitaki Malcolm Smith  
LCB Denzel Ward Troy Hill A.J. Green
RCB Greg Newsome II Greedy Williams  
SS Ronnie Harrison Jr. Grant Delpit  
FS John Johnson III Richard LeCounte III  

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Oh shit... I see more commercials for the kid now....

when that foam finger pops 2 of Lilly's proper unie buttons.... I may consider 🤣... that dare, phone service is useless in my area.. string meet cup 

• Haha 1

It's looking like any given Sunday in the AFC North this year. Better buckle the chin strap and play 4 quarters of football every week. From here on out it's on the defense to hold teams to under 20. 

Let's start Sunday and send the Rapist home with the first of his two loses this season. Hope we sack him 6 times and knock him down even more.

• Upvote 1

...puttin' the Tale Of The Tape in here...cos....It's Steeler Week dang it!

…......... Rush / G   Pass / G   Sack Run D / G   Pass D / G   Sack Give/Take
Browns 170 1st 240 23rd 25th 80 5th 215 11th 3rd -2
Steelers 81 31st 253 26th 12th 108 7th 245 7th 13th -2

And the 'tale' has grown taller with the advent of the Steelers playing one less game than just about everyone else. (rankings calculated by season totals)

Still though, we can see that the Steelers offensive stats are not overly impressive, especially running the ball...but our defense hasn't been consistent game to game, so....

On offense, since Baker got his shoulder crushed, we've been a short pass, running team.  The Steel Curtain doesn't exist right now but their D isn't awful.  

We're going to, once again, have to prove that we're a balanced offense before we can try pounding the ball on the ground as the Steelers aren't awful against the run.  Assuming that tomorrow Keenum runs the 1st team in practice, and throughout the week, he'll be a little more 'in tune' with the receivers, perhaps we'll be able to pass a little better this week.  

It's an important game.  We need to rack up some conference & divisional wins.  We cannot afford to fall to last place in the AFC North.  It's pretty much a Must Win.

• Upvote 1

This game will be close... I'm expecting total quagmire and I don't care whose suiting up.. or not.. Mission... Just win the damn game!.. The rest will take care of it self win or lose....

• Upvote 1

My biggest concern is.. will Denzel Ward play?

Woods defense has crashed down to #24 at PFF. Where Pittsburgh comes in at #14 reguard-less of their injuries..Denver's defense still came in at 12th..I can't see a ball controlling rushing team, winning this with only scoring 17-20 points.. Chubb/Baker/Conklin combined gives me more hope of scoring more over Keenum, even if Ward is out..

stay tuned..friday's Injury report should be telling .. a Division game to boot. Coaches get paid to decide starters   

Baker's at the mic at today's practice now... so Wednesday practice should begin shortly

• Upvote 1

small window peek into a Wednesday practice..

Browns not practicing: Clowney (ankle, groin, knee), Malik Jackson (ankle), Jarvis Landry (knee), Donovan Peoples-Jones (groin), Denzel Ward (hamstring).

#Browns Kevin Stefanski says he expects Baker Mayfield to do everything in practice today, including normal amount of work with starters.

Fuck the Browns. Grossi is a moron. Grossi got cam Heyward's name wrong and then issued a correction to Casey Heyward. How? It's nice to see your local reporting is as awful as Pittsburghs. If the Browns are smart they sit Mayfield. Keenum is capable. I'm expecting a good game, hoping the injury report doesn't keep mounting for both teams. 

10 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

king of the hill browns steelers.jpg

I wouldn't take any of them over Harris and that's not a slight to chubb, hunt, Johnson or Felton. Harris is going to be special and he's the genuine article off the field. His media days are refreshing and amusing. 

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I wouldn't take any of them over Harris and that's not a slight to chubb, hunt, Johnson or Felton. Harris is going to be special and he's the genuine article off the field. His media days are refreshing and amusing. 

Chubb is ridiculously special already, and I have a sneaking suspicion you'd do backflips if Harris could end up putting up numbers like he does.

55 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Fuck the Browns. Grossi is a moron. Grossi got cam Heyward's name wrong and then issued a correction to Casey Heyward. How? It's nice to see your local reporting is as awful as Pittsburghs. If the Browns are smart they sit Mayfield. Keenum is capable. I'm expecting a good game, hoping the injury report doesn't keep mounting for both teams. 

Can't believe we both are looking up at the Bengals... the Bengals?! 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Vagitron said:

If I remember correctly, you also defended Conner as a great RB last year, so excuse me if I don't agree with your criteria there, lol. 

I agree with the rest. Let's hope injuries don't pile up and we enjoy a good game this Sunday ;)

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, nickers said:

This game will be close... I'm expecting total quagmire and I don't care whose suiting up.. or not.. Mission... Just win the damn game!.. The rest will take care of it self win or lose....

Yinz is only a 10 point favorite; last I checked.

PIT's Joe Haden is saying that it doesn't really matter who the QB is and that they consider the backup to be almost as good as the starter and it's really about stopping da run which PIT has not been good at.

5 hours ago, Nero said:

If I remember correctly, you also defended Conner as a great RB last year, so excuse me if I don't agree with your criteria there, lol. 

I agree with the rest. Let's hope injuries don't pile up and we enjoy a good game this Sunday ;)

Yes, Harris is special.  Hopefully his yoga will keep him on balance and injury free.

Accuser: Big Ben Assaulted Me in Bathroom

Accuser: Big Ben Assaulted Me in Bathroom 3/5/2010 6:00 PM PT The woman accusing Ben Roethlisberger of sexual assault told police the whole thing went down inside the women's restroom of a Georgia ...

Ben Roethlisberger's Bodyguards Blocked Bathroom Door ...

Ben Roethlisberger's bodyguards guarded the entrance to the bathroom where he allegedly sexually assaulted a 20-year-old college student, according to an eyewitness account at FanHouse. Another witness tells the web site that the Steelers quarterback looked "as surprised as anybody" when police arrived at the Milledgeville, Ga. bar later in the night.

Police statement details Roethlisberger's alleged assault ...

The woman who accused football star Ben Roethlisberger of raping her in March in a bar in Milledgeville, Georgia, described the alleged incident to police as the culmination of a night of bar-hopping.
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Nero said:

Connor couldn't stay healthy. He's not a bell cow as a result. He certainly could be but injuries prevented that.  He's having success in Arizona as part of a committee so what now? Don't come with the bs if you aren't going to look at the big picture. 😉

16 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Chubb is ridiculously special already, and I have a sneaking suspicion you'd do backflips if Harris could end up putting up numbers like he does.

Can't believe we both are looking up at the Bengals... the Bengals?! 

Bengals are good. Chubb is great, I specifically said it's not a slight. Harris is a bigger body and he's a better wr. Chubb currently benefits from your line too. No denying the Harris ceiling. Period. 

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

Accuser: Big Ben Assaulted Me in Bathroom

Accuser: Big Ben Assaulted Me in Bathroom 3/5/2010 6:00 PM PT The woman accusing Ben Roethlisberger of sexual assault told police the whole thing went down inside the women's restroom of a Georgia ...

Ben Roethlisberger's Bodyguards Blocked Bathroom Door ...

Ben Roethlisberger's bodyguards guarded the entrance to the bathroom where he allegedly sexually assaulted a 20-year-old college student, according to an eyewitness account at FanHouse. Another witness tells the web site that the Steelers quarterback looked "as surprised as anybody" when police arrived at the Milledgeville, Ga. bar later in the night.

Police statement details Roethlisberger's alleged assault ...

The woman who accused football star Ben Roethlisberger of raping her in March in a bar in Milledgeville, Georgia, described the alleged incident to police as the culmination of a night of bar-hopping.

Cal this is stupid. I don't give a single shit about any of this and haven't for a long time. Shall I dig up Kareem hunt kicking his gf in the face? Be better. 

Thursday Practice peeks 🧐

#Browns not practicing today: DE Jadeveon Clowney (ankle, groin, knee), CB Denzel Ward (hamstring), WR Donovan Peoples-Jones (groin), center JC Tretter (knee) and safety Richard LeCounte III (discipline for violation of team rules. Not on field). Clowney, Ward and DPJ were on bikes.
#Browns QB Baker Mayfield looked crisp throwing the ball and it didn't appear he was holding back during individual/position drills. He's also adjusting to a what looks like new harness (same one he wore Wednesday) under his shoulder pads. He's the only player wearing them today.
#Browns Baker Mayfield looked good throwing short and intermediate routes again today. Good spin, accurate. Making progress towards starting vs. the #Steelers

34 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Bengals are good. Chubb is great, I specifically said it's not a slight. Harris is a bigger body and he's a better wr. Chubb currently benefits from your line too. No denying the Harris ceiling. Period. 

so hey how is pits run D ? asking for a friend 

44 minutes ago, ATOM said:

so hey how is pits run D ? asking for a friend 

Defense is gettng healthy so irrelevant. Hunt is on ir. Chubb is dinged and Baker is trotting out there dinged. What's your point? Asking for a friend. 

3 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Defense is gettng healthy so irrelevant. Hunt is on ir. Chubb is dinged and Baker is trotting out there dinged. What's your point? Asking for a friend. 

so your saying to start d johnson  in fantasy football ?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1