THE BROWNS BOARD

🏈🏈🏈🟫🟫🟫⬜⬜⬜🟧🟧🟧Official Gameday Thread STEELER WEEK! 🟧🟧🟧⬜⬜⬜🟫🟫🟫🏈🏈🏈

Zombo

Just now, mjp28 said:

A 4-4 is going to be a near impossible playoff shot.

The BROWNS we're the better team and lost.

I think so too but definitely didn’t show up today.Β 

Β 

4 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Do you really believe that is a choice? Or are you feigning football ignorance?

Haha.

The secondary soft cushion and guys Looking lost in zone coverage all year. Β We’ve sprinkled in some brilliance maybe that’s why some of us expect moreΒ Β Β 

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

I don't give a fuck who the offense is.Β  You put up 10 points at home.Β  I'm not going to reply to you further until you can agree on just what the fuck reality really is.

I don’t need you to reply to me.

frankly you are a lot of hot air and bluster most of the time.Β 

• Thanks 1

The offense is a joke right now. They commit too many penalties. They drop WAY TOO MANY PASSES.Β 
Β 

It’s as if the other team knows what plays we are running

And OBJ is one of the most useless players in the league.Β 

Just now, jrb12711 said:

Bro it hit him in the hands in stride without him having to leave his feet. How on earth is that not giving him a chance?Β 

You're really going to make me to screenshots and the route combination just to prove you wrong?Β  Or can you just take my word on it...?Β 

1 minute ago, Vagitron said:

Not only my opinion but like Romo said the BROWNS' played good enough to win........ but didn't.

Congratulations to the Steelers, they won even without a kicker.

Well we move on,. I'm having a delicious dinner coming.Β  Β GO BROWNS !

51 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I don’t need you to reply to me.

frankly you are a lot of hot air and bluster most of the time.Β 

Unfortunately the overwhelming majority of posters here and several other places will disagree with you.Β  And the one's that will agree with you I can name on a single hand.Β  Β  Those few also never played a single down of football.Β  Save for midget and rec league.Β 

I'll ask this question and hope for an honest answer.Β  If someone had told you before this game,Β  the Steelers would only score 15 points total, would you have bet on the Browns to win?Β 

If yes, then you admit the offense was the issue today.Β  If no, then you're admitting the offense would be one of the worst in the NFL and a problem even before kick off.

Either way, my little conundrum puts you in a box before you even answer.Β Β 

Β 

edit: DH, Nickers, MAYBE cal, trying to think of who else....Β  Β Moses, Falcon, 1977, just about everyone on my ignore list.Β  Β  Understand that they're all senior citizens and/or crippledΒ who never played.Β  Β  The company that gravitates to itself tends to say alot.

Β 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

You're really going to make me to screenshots and the route combination just to prove you wrong?Β  Or can you just take my word on it...?Β 

Yes, yes I am. I’m not saying it was a perfect throw. But to say β€œhe didn’t give him a chance” when the ball hit his two hands is just a bad take. Jarvis is reason numero uno for the loss today. Great playerΒ but bad game.

I guess I’m a little salty that baker is likely to have 7 drops today.Β 

I came back just to say that this is why I never get excited after 1 good season, in 2007 we went 10-6 here comes 2008 we won 3 or 4 games 2018 was ok as we came of a 0-16 season we improved a tad, 2019 although we won a couple we still didn't do as well as should have, 2020 made the playoffs did well won 11 games and a playoff win now this season? We are back at square 1, Baker, pack your bags you were trying top show why you deserve a contract you should show why you deserve to even be playing. OBJ you had 1 good game since you came here, Ward always hurt Greedy always hurt, The coach will be gone at the end of the seasonΒ  as we will not win another game, we looked fucking awful today and we have harder teams ahead, Only half way decent player we have is Chubb since hunt is hurt, Trade OBJ Landry DPJ and Higgins as none of them has done shit this season . Fuck it clean house now and start prepping for the draft. Bunch of over paid weeniesΒ 

2 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Yes, yes I am. I’m not saying it was a perfect throw. But to say β€œhe didn’t give him a chance” when the ball hit his two hands is just a bad take. Jarvis is reason numero uno for the loss today. Great bad but bad game.

No, There is no "numero uno".Β  Β Stef made bad questions and calls.Β  Receivers had drops.Β  Backs missed cutbacks. Oline struggled to sustain. Baker had several highly questionable throws.Β Β 

It was about an evenly poor performance all around.Β 

Β 

Edit: and when your game tying play is to ask a 5'11 receiver to climb the ladder between 2 DB's?Β  Hands or not, it was a poor combination of things.Β 

37 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

bake can't do it alone...catch/block/run

read the final 2Β ending drive sheets,Β viaΒ play log results.. ThanΒ re-watch ourΒ pro catching hands...

surely... we did not play a 60 minute game today.. it cost us on both sides

out guys.. later... THANKS J-E-T-SΒ ;)

Β 

Β 

• Upvote 1

Not being able to watch and live & breath with each and every snap all but eliminates the frustration that the rest of you had to endure today, and it really shows.Β 

^ Silver linings as they say.Β 

The D gave up 15 and the O only put up 10.... Seems pretty clear to me what the general plot of the story was today.Β 

1 minute ago, jrb12711 said:

Yes, yes I am. I’m not saying it was a perfect throw. But to say β€œhe didn’t give him a chance” when the ball hit his two hands is just a bad take. Jarvis is reason numero uno for the loss today. Great playerΒ but bad game.

I'm not a Baker super fan.

But the guy is hauling his ass out there injured, and guys like Landry and OBJ did nothing to help him out today.Β 

This is where the rest of the offense has to step up, and honestly, most of the offense today got outplayed by their counterparts in black and piss yellow.Β 

Baker deserved better today.Β 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

No need to say anything.

Just go and fuck yourself.Β 

Damn bitch, I didn't even go that far.Β 

Although, while same poster has praised my play breakdowns, apparently most of what I say is "hot air".Β 

I'm still not going quite as far as you.Β  SD always seemsΒ like a decent dude at least.

Just now, tiamat63 said:

Damn bitch, I didn't even go that far.Β 

Although, while same poster has praised my play breakdowns, apparently most of what I say is "hot air".Β 

I'm still not going quite as far as you.Β  SD always seemsΒ like a decent dude at least.

I do not suffer fools.Β 

Sdbacker has been extra twatty today.Β 

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

I do not suffer fools.Β 

Sdbacker has been extra twatty today.Β 

Well, for their benefit, I'm going to chart bad throws and drops.Β  I think they'll both see that Baker AND the receivers were an issue today.Β  Both can exist at the same time.Β  But everybody needs a singular boogeyman anymore to blame for their problems.Β  It's true in football and life anymore.

3 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

No, There is no "numero uno".Β  Β Stef made bad questions and calls.Β  Receivers had drops.Β  Backs missed cutbacks. Oline struggled to sustain. Baker had several highly questionable throws.Β Β 

It was about an evenly poor performance all around.Β 

Β 

Edit: and when your game tying play is to ask a 5'11 receiver to climb the ladder between 2 DB's?Β  Hands or not, it was a poor combination of things.Β 

If It ends up where they record 7 drops, bakers stat line today could have easily been 27-31. I’m really not sure how you can say he made questionable throws when the man should have had that sort of stat line.

Two drops, a bad fumble with the drive of the 4th quarter does indeed put him in that position. You and I have much, much different definitions of climbing the ladder. If askingΒ a man to catch a ball above his head without leaving his feet is β€œclimbing the ladder”, then guys are climbing 100 times a Sunday.Β 

4 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

No need to say anything.

Just go and fuck yourself.Β 

Β 

5 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Unfortunately the overwhelming majority of posters here and several other places will disagree with you.Β  And the one's that will I can name on a single hand.Β Β 

I'll ask this question and hope for an honest answer.Β  If someone had told you before this game,Β  the Steelers would only score 15 points total, would you have bet on the Browns to win?Β 

If yes, then you admit the offense was the issue today.Β  If no, then you're admitting the offense would be one of the worst in the NFL.

Either way, my little conundrum puts you in a box before you even answer.Β Β 

Β 

The conundrum I have do IΒ read these senseless chestΒ pounding spats you have with posters that are alsoΒ littered with great film study…which I appreciate because I don’t have the time with work and family.Β 
Β 

We had some great defensive moments in the fourth quarterΒ but by and large we didn’t play well in key moments and we benefited from a bad Steelers offenseΒ andΒ questionable steeler play calling.

and I haven’t started on our offense.

Β 

9 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

I agree Jarvis cost us more then anything else. 2 drops in the 4th quarter and a fumble. Those 3 plays go different and we win