THE BROWNS BOARD

Our Wide Receivers Blow

Zombo

I love Landry, I do.

But I've had this nagging worry since the end of last season, when he always seemed banged-up, and teams jammed him at the LOS and dared him to beat him downfield, was kind of the beginning of his decline. This season, it's kind of the same with him. Flashes of good play, but he's always banged up, and its starting to affect his play.

OBJ? He's toast.  

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

I love Landry, I do.

But I've had this nagging worry since the end of last season, when he always seemed banged-up, and teams jammed him at the LOS and dared him to beat him downfield, was kind of the beginning of his decline. This season, it's kind of the same with him. Flashes of good play, but he's always banged up, and its starting to affect his play.

OBJ? He's toast.  

We are a team without wide receivers.  Bit us in the ass hard today.

Z

1 minute ago, Zombo said:

Z

The OLine was mediocre today too, and our QB is limited. 

All the ingredients for a very undynamic offense the rest of the season.

I'll put it on record - this team's playoff chances are done. This team is so banged up. Neither side is good enough to overcome the other side.

I won't be shocked if this team finishes below .500 at 8-9. 

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

The OLine was mediocre today too, and our QB is limited. 

All the ingredients for a very undynamic offense the rest of the season.

I'll put it on record - this team's playoff chances are done. This team is so banged up. Neither side is good enough to overcome the other side.

I won't be shocked if this team finishes below .500 at 8-9. 

i'd put a bet that they finish below 500.......starting to think that maybe they should let baker get that surgery now instead of the end of the season....let keenum finish out what now appears to be a below mediocre season....oh well....this is to be expected with cleveland browns football...

OBJ most definitely gave up on that TD pass with about 5 minutes to go. Saw the Safety coming, said nope I'm not going all out.

Too bad really. The guy had talent. Clearly, now he's ok with the $$.

18 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Z

We have DPJ who has always produced when given the opportunity, Felton who can play slot. D'Ernest Johnson should have had a hell of a lot more touches than he did today. Chubb started off hot then they went away from it.😕

3 minutes ago, Neo said:

We have DPJ who has always produced when given the opportunity, Felton who can play slot. D'Ernest Johnson should have had a hell of a lot more touches than he did today. Chubb started off hot then they went away from it.😕

Felton is a matchup dependent "slot".  He's not beating more nickel DB's, he just doesn't have the speed.   But he can beat LB's... provided he draws that assignment.

Speaking of useless wide receivers that nobody seems to mention, what about this guy Schwartz that is supposed to have this world class speed that I never see effect the game or seen pretty much nothing from. I really haven't seen him at all. One would think he is injured or in the dog house.🤔

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Reminds me of the 2008 season.  Everyone thought we were headed for the playoffs because of 2007.

The media crowned our defense as the bestest ever assembled during the offseason...... at least we dominated that season.  

• Upvote 1

Obj is useless, Landry has no speed and has the drops all of a sudden, Peoples Jones can’t stay healthy, and Higgins isn’t even a wr 3. And they play 3 TE’s most of the time. And those 3 aren’t very good either

If this team doesn’t have a lead in the second half of games, they are screwed

21 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Reminds me of the 2008 season.  Everyone thought we were headed for the playoffs because of 2007.

Ahem..  that was not a playoff team I saw out there today...  I'll say this Z... Doubly frustrating because the damn Bungles LOST. We came out flat- and it showed.  Lose next week? Shut Baker down, and have the surgery- season is over at 4-5, unless you believe in miracles.  

18 minutes ago, Neo said:

Speaking of useless wide receivers that nobody seems to mention, what about this guy Schwartz that is supposed to have this world class speed that I never see effect the game or seen pretty much nothing from. I really haven't seen him at all. One would think he is injured or in the dog house.🤔

When they're not dropping passes, they're getting stripped of the ball...

Every single person that goes political in a football conversation  will be banned. No exceptions. We are are talking wide receivers here, how easy is that?

I love banning people after losses. We built an entire political board for those that can't help themselves. 

PLEASE show your true colors tonight, because I'm in a banning mood.

Z

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Zombo gives shit to anyone that’s critical of the team before today but he can be critical after today. He’s full of shit ( he did vote for Biden) you suck zombo. 

the browns are as bad as Biden is. We suck. Today was miserable. 

i can’t say enough how cringe zombo is. He’s horrible 

WTF has biden to do with how shitty are offense looked today ?  fucking christ ban this mother fucker

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Every single person that goes political in a football conversation  will be banned. No exceptions. We are are talking wide receivers here, how easy is that?

I love banning people after losses. We built an entire political board for those that can't help themselves. 

Z

Z, I'm as pissed as anyone about that crap performance...  ESPECIALLY because we had a golden opportunity when the Bengals lost.  I'm not going to watch the replay until tomorrow...  Just calm down, and don't be kicking people off because you're pissed. 

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

Z, I'm as pissed as anyone about that crap performance...  ESPECIALLY because we had a golden opportunity when the Bengals lost.  I'm not going to watch the replay until tomorrow...  Just calm down, and don't be kicking people off because you're pissed. 

fuck that those assholes who bring up politics on  football talk should at least be timed out for awhile

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Neo said:

D'Ernest Johnson should have had a hell of a lot more touches than he did today

I love D'E, but he dropped 2 of the 3 balls thrown to him.  -  Njoku was on fire, for like a minute and a half.  He caught 3 balls...and never to be heard from again.  It was a team passing game failure.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Bob806 said:

OBJ most definitely gave up on that TD pass with about 5 minutes to go. Saw the Safety coming, said nope I'm not going all out.

Too bad really. The guy had talent. Clearly, now he's ok with the $$.

OBJ clearly looks washed up...

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

Obj is perfect example of where ast players come to cleveland to cash out

He came to cash in?

Ummmmmmm.... no... our Football GM traded for him

Out "football GM" who as looking to solidify his position just as other Executives did before him swung for the fences and whiffed

5 hours ago, Zombo said:

Do it and whenever I am around you will never need beer money... for your personal consumption at any rate.

Some assholes need to be shown the door. Prime example stands before you.

EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THIS TEAM NEEDS TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR!!! TIME TO STOP BLAMING THE GUY NEXT TO YOU!!! BE ACCOUNTABLE!!!!

EVEN THE BEST OF US

MAKE MISTAKES!!!

GO BROWNS!!!

🍻😎😎😎🍻

• Like 1

I can see that the Browns need a DL in the draft, maybe first round.

and a few wr's to be added. Love Landry's play, but he's playing hurt. Peoples-Jones is more a #1 next year. HIggins is good for one catch? a game. Schwartz is taking longer to get into the flow of games than I figured, OBJ - what was it I read? He's been playing with an injury for ten years? never got it fixed? Just forget it, OBJ. After this game, I just don't know.

Maybe add a kr. Gotta love Felton, but his returns - he runs sideways and then BACKWARDS?

Maybe Josh Cribbs needs to coach him up.

The Browns would have won this game - if they were healthy. But Hance got whiffed by by Watt badly...

Maybe a certain 364 lb DL in the first round, eh? WR in the second...and third? lol.

dammit. HATE losing to the squealers in a game they could have won.

and sure enough, the squealers nailed Baker with a double cheap shot - but at least the refs called it.

but another time, Baker went down, and the squealer player accidently kneed Baker in the helmet. no call.

But the Browns play hard. I guess Landry's fumble lost the game for them - considering the score.

Well, and the drops. The squealers really went after shutting down the run. Would have been a great day

for some top wr's in the game.

dammit. Get healthy and pay them back in pukesburg. The Browns, btw, REALLY missed Osusu- Komorah.