THE BROWNS BOARD

★ NFL WEEK 9 ★  News and notes,  Cleveland +2.5 headed to Cincinnati 1 pm -plus- SNF & MNF !

mjp28

★ NFL WEEK 9 ★  News and notes,  Cleveland +2.5 headed to Cincinnati at 1 pm on CBS with Nantz and Romo.

Minnesota +6.5 in Baltimore   -and-   Chicago +6.5 in Pittsburgh on Monday Night Football

And a look ahead at the following week where our BROWNS are +3 in New England at 1 pm.   Underdogs two weeks in a row ?

ALSO Baltimore -7 in Miami   -and-   Detroit +9 in Pittsburgh  with Cincinnati on a bye after playing Cleveland in this AFCN race.

Every game really counts now.

And for your NFL weekend viewing pleasure.  Time to plan your BROWNS game party menu.

And the FOX early game for the northern states includes Minnesota at Pittsburgh.    https://506sports.com

November 7, 2021

All listings are unofficial and subject to change. Check back often for updates.

NATIONAL BROADCASTS

• Thursday Night: NY Jets @ Indianapolis (FOX/NFLN)
  • Sunday Night: Tennessee @ LA Rams (NBC)
  • Monday Night: Chicago @ Pittsburgh (ESPN)

Screenshot_2021-11-04_132626.jpg

Wednesday NFL injury report  -or- the Cleveland BROWNS version of General Hospital.

Browns
Player Position Injuries Practice Status Game Status
Joe Jackson DE   Limited Participation in Practice  
John Johnson S   Did Not Participate In Practice  
Malik McDowell DT   Did Not Participate In Practice  
Odell Beckham Jr. WR   Did Not Participate In Practice  
Jack Conklin T   Did Not Participate In Practice  
Malik Jackson DT   Did Not Participate In Practice  
Jarvis Landry WR   Did Not Participate In Practice  
Baker Mayfield QB   Full Participation in Practice  
Donovan Peoples-Jones WR   Limited Participation in Practice  
Jadeveon Clowney DE   Did Not Participate In Practice  
Takkarist McKinley DE   Did Not Participate In Practice  
David Njoku TE   Full Participation in Practice  
A.J. Green CB   Limited Participation in Practice  
Denzel Ward CB   Limited Participation in Practice  
Jedrick Wills T   Limited Participation in Practice  
JC Tretter C   Limited Participation in Practice  

Bengals
Player Position Injuries Practice Status Game Status
Auden Tate WR   Limited Participation in Practice  
Cameron Sample DE   Did Not Participate In Practice  
Chris Evans RB   Limited Participation in Practice  
Trey Hopkins C   Did Not Participate In Practice  
Jackson Carman G   Full Participation in Practice

8 DNP  6 limited  2 full  wow.  Reminds me of the old Bill Belichick days in NE.

Hopefully they can put a good showing in Cincinnati....... definitely a winnable game, should be a good one.

35 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

+2.5 would be indicative of a game that would be competitive and not one team suffering a fucking laundry list of injuries.   My heart always wants to win the Ohio Battle.  My head, geared towards betting and profit, says Bengals -2.5 at home.  *injury report determining*

One really tricky thing separating betting with your heart ❤️ versus your brain and shutting off the hometown or favorite team and just think payouts.

Still every time I bet against the BROWNS, BUCKEYES or ND I get burned..... same with betting for Michigan, happened again this year.

18 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

One really tricky thing separating betting with your heart ❤️ versus your brain and shutting off the hometown or favorite team and just think payouts.

Still every time I bet against the BROWNS, BUCKEYES or ND I get burned..... same with betting for Michigan, happened again this year.

To the contrary, I think when you're honest about your team and their ability it gives you insight others don't have.  Because you watch these squads week in and out closely. 

I didn't take OSU to cover vs Oregon or Minnesota.  Took them over v Akron and under v Penn state.  4-0. 

Notre Dame I'm less familiar with by they produce volatile results. Took them to cover against UNC -3.5.   Took scUM to cover every game this season except the sparty gsme.  Went 6-1 with them I believe? 

The intimate nature of fan hood for certain teams I feel gives people a betting advantage.  Again, provided they can be honest with themselves about their teams.

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

★ NFL WEEK 9 ★  News and notes,  Cleveland +2.5 headed to Cincinnati at 1 pm on CBS with Nantz and Romo.

Minnesota +6.5 in Baltimore   -and-   Chicago +6.5 in Pittsburgh on Monday Night Football

And a look ahead at the following week where our BROWNS are +3 in New England at 1 pm.   Underdogs two weeks in a row ?

ALSO Baltimore -7 in Miami   -and-   Detroit +9 in Pittsburgh  with Cincinnati on a bye after playing Cleveland in this AFCN race.

Every game really counts now.

Oh-oh- wasn't it been pointed out we've never won with Nance and Romo calling the game?   

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

As my bettor friend said long ago. NEVER bet on the Browns.  

All over Cincy -2 1/2.  I think we are actually looking at a 31-17 type game. 

the Offense is a mess (specifically the pass offense) with that being the case you aren’t going to win any game against a team that can move the ball well and score. 

And With the exception of Kirk Cousins Good/Great/Elite passers have had their way with this team.  When the Bengals drafted a WR in the first round and not an Offensive tackle my first thought was we need to make them pay for that choice…I give us a slight punchers chance if we can do that. 

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

As my bettor friend said long ago. NEVER bet on the Browns.  

Well let's look at this game specifically.

Cleveland at Cincinnati – The Browns swept the Bengals winning, 35-30, at home and 37-34 on the road last season. The Browns are 5-1 SU, 3-3 ATS in their six meetings against the Bengals. The Over is 6-0-1 during the past seven games in the series.

And yes you'll never lose if you don't ever get on the BROWNS..... you'll never win either.    Same thing with the lottery or love 💕.

3 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Well let's look at this game specifically.

Cleveland at Cincinnati – The Browns swept the Bengals winning, 35-30, at home and 37-34 on the road last season. The Browns are 5-1 SU, 3-3 ATS in their six meetings against the Bengals. The Over is 6-0-1 during the past seven games in the series.

And yes you'll never lose if you don't ever get on the BROWNS..... you'll never win either.    Same thing with the lottery or love 💕.

O/U is 47.   Cincy has been mostly an Under team this year, but for this game, weather permitting, I'd go Over and CIN -2.5.     

34 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

O/U is 47.   Cincy has been mostly an Under team this year, but for this game, weather permitting, I'd go Over and CIN -2.5.     

Weather should be a non-factor this game. Forecast =  low 60s, light south winds.  

6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Oh-oh- wasn't it been pointed out we've never won with Nance and Romo calling the game?   

...first thing I thought when I saw this thread.  We always lose when Jim Nance gets a Browns game.  And sure enough we're gonna go limping into town with a gimpy offense, a gimpy and confused secondary, and another OBJ drama being played out...for national tv.    Beautiful...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, hoorta said:

Is that true? And with the way we been playing  I doubt we win another game this season and are in set for a major over hall this off season, new coach draft a new qb and sign a never was or super old has been to let the rookie "learn" on the bench, The same thing we been doing since we came back smh. 

The NFL Week 9 has been an interesting one for injuries, illnesses (covid) and line moves.  Normally NFL lines move very little or not at all.

For all 14 games compare the first and last rows or see.    https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/?s=870

Screenshot_2021-11-05_125122.jpg

4 hours ago, Browns fan 1977 said:

Is that true? And with the way we been playing  I doubt we win another game this season and are in set for a major over hall this off season, new coach draft a new qb and sign a never was or super old has been to let the rookie "learn" on the bench, The same thing we been doing since we came back smh. 

Sorry, the Browns are far too talented to go winless the rest of the way out... And the team isn't going to be blown up.. Plus,  the Browns already picked up Baker's 5th year option for 2022. He isn't going anywhere. 

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

The NFL Week 9 has been an interesting one for injuries, illnesses (covid) and line moves.  Normally NFL lines move very little or not at all.

For all 14 games compare the first and last rows or see.    https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/?s=870

Screenshot_2021-11-05_125122.jpg

Two jump out of for me…Bears +5…Steelers are going to struggle big time on offense and Rams -7- feeling a Titan letdown and how do they muster enough offense without Henry

Im also on the Chiefs Packers Under. What is GB going to do with Jordan Love on short notice  and the Chiefs aren’t right on offense 

29 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Two jump out of for me…Bears +5…Steelers are going to struggle big time on offense and Rams -7- feeling a Titan letdown and how do they muster enough offense without Henry

Im also on the Chiefs Packers Under. What is GB going to do with Jordan Love on short notice  and the Chiefs aren’t right on offense 

Bears were +6.5 earlier.  So if the line is down to 5 that's a hell of a move. 

15 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Bears were +6.5 earlier.  So if the line is down to 5 that's a hell of a move. 

DAL -7' to -10. MIA -7' to -5  BUF -10' to -14' and of course KC -2' to -7  I kinda like GB +7.  And I used the   '  for  1/2 there.

9 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

DAL -7' to -10. MIA -7' to -5  BUF -10' to -14' and of course KC -2' to -7  I kinda like GB +7.  And I used the   '  for  1/2 there.

GB has a shot if they run the shit out of the ball.  But I still feel more comfortable on the under.  

But CHI at +7 is either bait or a gimmie. 

On 11/5/2021 at 3:09 PM, hoorta said:

Sorry, the Browns are far too talented to go winless the rest of the way out... And the team isn't going to be blown up.. Plus,  the Browns already picked up Baker's 5th year option for 2022. He isn't going anywhere. 

I meant about the Nance and Homo  doing play by play? We never won when those guys were working?

2 hours ago, hx214 said:

So do the Browns elevate a WR from the PS for this game? Or can they? Is OBJ officially released?

They have 

Landry, Higgins, Schwartz and DPJ. 

If DPJ can't go that leaves them with three...

That's why they miss Hunt even more he's a great RB and receiver....... hurry back soon !

Just now, mjp28 said:

That's why they miss Hunt even more he's a great RB and receiver....... hurry back soon !

Ya... An it's aint like DPJ or Landry are heathly. 

Id like to see the Cager kid that they have on the PS. 6' 5" 225. But he couldn't crack the starting roster on the Jets so....

7 hours ago, hx214 said:

So do the Browns elevate a WR from the PS for this game? Or can they? Is OBJ officially released?

They have 

Landry, Higgins, Schwartz and DPJ. 

If DPJ can't go that leaves them with three...

Yes, they can elevate two PS players if they like, and I imagine they will. We have three wrs on PS: Bradley, Natson and Cager.

ODB is still on the roster for this game, so we will add someone to the permanent roster next week.

Z