THE BROWNS BOARD

Beyond Red vs. Blue: The Political Typology

jbluhm86

Pew Research Center

I first heard about this study on the Ben Shapiro show today. It's a study by Pew Research on the breakdown of political leanings of Americans today, not just through the polarized lens of the strict "Red or Blue" duology. Figured I'd post it to have the Pol board members here to take a gander at it and give their opinions and see where they think they fall on the political spectrum. It gives me hope that not all is lost to the hyper-polarized ends of the political spectrum and that there is fertile middle ground and nuance in the American electorate that can be spurred to action to ease the insanity of the current times.

politics.thumb.png.4441291125bd947ceb4b55b40941ac40.png

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I read through the first few pages and I'd say I'm closest to Outsider (BIRDBRAIN)Left

Would be great if there were more than two parties ( that I could peck at)

Or a rank bases voting system (no idea what it is, but it sounds like maybe I'm not stupid and annoying)

Also seems clear that the fringes are the loudest (though that fringe seems to be gaining size in some spots...) (and the fringe of which I speak is woodpecker voters - the fringiest fringe of all)

trying to read between the pecks, but I don't do birdbrain at all.....

6 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

Pew Research Center

I first heard about this study on the Ben Shapiro show today. It's a study by Pew Research on the breakdown of political leanings of Americans today, not just through the polarized lens of the strict "Red or Blue" duology. Figured I'd post it to have the Pol board members here to take a gander at it and give their opinions and see where they think they fall on the political spectrum. It gives me hope that not all is lost to the hyper-polarized ends of the political spectrum and that there is fertile middle ground and nuance in the American electorate that can be spurred to action to ease the insanity of the current times.

politics.thumb.png.4441291125bd947ceb4b55b40941ac40.png

My opinion is, labels are sometimes confusing. There are various definitions of "populist". Some of those can apply to leftwingers, too.

"Faith and Flag Conservatives" - most of them are committed to their Faith and Flag. Why the separate category? and why is it that the leftist categories do not reflect basic aspects of America that they are committed to? No lefties are "ambivalent"

OF course, the left believes in nothing. Except their own emotions. By omission...no one on the left believes in Faith and Flag ?

Apparently not, by what I have observed at every turn.

I am a Faith and Flag Conservative. But the left would make that a negative connotation. Everything is terrible, so they can feel like their bloated egos are legit. It is easier, btw, for most folks to understand "Faith and Flag Conservative".... but lefties very strongly tend to emotionally establish false definitions to words to justify their feelings. And they will flip those definitions to suit.

Kind of a dumb poll, I think.