THE BROWNS BOARD

Republican Congressman censured

jbluhm86

5 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

Daily WireRepublican Congressman Paul Gosar Censured Over Anime Video

This is one where I actually agree with the Democrats. This behaviour is unacceptable for a sitting member of Congress, regardless of party.

Yeah he f***** up but at the risk of sounding like a broken record it would be nice if the same s*** happened to both sides. Maybe after the midterms. Wink.

I'm fine with the censure but eliminating the chair positions is kind of going against the will of the people but... not that that matters to anybody these days.

WSS

8 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Yeah he f***** up but at the risk of sounding like a broken record it would be nice if the same s*** happened to both sides. Maybe after the midterms. Wink.

I'm not disagreeing with you that it seems like the standard is being applied unequally, but that still doesn't excuse the congressman's behaviour in this instance. It's the old "just because your friend jumps off a bridge.." argument. Plus, if the GOP wins a majority in the midterms, do you realistically think they'd hold their own members accountable as well? 

I'm fine with the censure but eliminating the chair positions is kind of going against the will of the people but... not that that matters to anybody these days.

WSS

I'm not so sure about that. The people elect people to Congress, not to specific committees in Congress. That's the pervue of the Congress to decide what committees elected officials are on or not.