THE BROWNS BOARD

1stQ in the books. Quinn QB rating = 138.75

OconRecon

Looks like there is some confidence on the offense. BQ is steady, getting to the ball to the receivers to give them a chance at the ball.

Other than a couple of "short of 1st down pass patterns", its better than I expected with no more playing time than BQ has had.

No miracles expected, just solid playing and no stupid mistakes...

Nice Start for Quinn, well I will like to see Jerome Harrison get more touches he makes nice runs, 4 rushes for 44 yards why are we not seeing him more

Amen, more Harrison! Don't get me wrong I like Jamal, but just because he is a workhorse doesn't mean he has to get so many carries. Is Harrison really that bad at pass blocking?

Well, Quinn looked outstanding in almost every way. Glad we have the QB nightmare finally ending. Defense worst game of the year. And the 4th and 1 call? NO. icon_mad.gif

Let me think about this.

We beat a good Giants team even though DA sucks.

We lose to a bad Denver team and DA looks stupid on the sideline and BQ looked good on the field.

I mentioned in another post that it is a TEAM game. If the TEAM plays good DA or BQ will look good. If the TEAM sucks, the TEAM will lose.

You know what? I think the fans suck. Although I don’t live in Cleveland anymore I still like the city and the Browns. This generation of fans is really kind of weird

Actually both of you are wrong. The difference is, when the team sucks and DA is playing, DA beyond sucks, but when the team sucks and BQ is playing ....he is outstanding and is willing us towards a victory. He came up short in his first NFL start, but I am more than thrilled with what I saw. I finally saw a starting caliber NFL QB taking command as a field general and marching his team down the field almost at will. Quinn still had dropped passes, pressure .....and yet he put together a very good game. I like it. The future looks bright.

Guest Masters
104 final rating, but who cares.

A loss.

BQ taking too much of the blame in post game interview, IMHO.

That's what leaders do. A QB that understands (which leaders do) you get all the credit for team wins and all the blame for team loses, right or wrong.

Guest Masters
Actually both of you are wrong. The difference is, when the team sucks and DA is playing, DA beyond sucks, but when the team sucks and BQ is playing ....he is outstanding and is willing us towards a victory. He came up short in his first NFL start, but I am more than thrilled with what I saw. I finally saw a starting caliber NFL QB taking command as a field general and marching his team down the field almost at will. Quinn still had dropped passes, pressure .....and yet he put together a very good game. I like it. The future looks bright.

Dead on right there.

• 1 year later...

I know it's old news but this post looks even funnier now!!!

Archived