THE BROWNS BOARD

Covid Crushing the Browns

Zombo

2 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

they can test negative and be back in?

Ya, I haven't heard anybody ruled out yet, but those guys last week never made it back.

Hopefully they are all vaccinated and can make it back.

Saturday is a quick turnaround to get two negatives in a row though.

Z

almost 40 players tested positive for COVID too this week so far. largest swath of players to be added since the whole thing started. What the fuck else can you do but shake your head? It is truly unbelievable how much incredible bad luck this team has faced with injuries and shit like this.

I'll tell you this much-something has to give and quickly about these protocols. I'm extremely pro-vaccination and just got my booster shot. But at what point do we accept that COVID is a part of our society, and all we can do is fully vaccinate ourselves and try our best? I know league rules can't change mid-season, but these guys literally are up in each others faces for a living. The vast majority of these guys did the right thing as well. It's gotta break though at some point.

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Zombo said:

We still have Baker and Chubb as of this writing, but no idea who is going to block for them and who is going to catch passes ... Our offense is decimated unless some if these guys make it back.

Z

You have to wonder if they would consider moving this game even to Sunday, depending on how many people perhaps have their first negative test Thursday. Assuming these dudes are all vaccinated, you really cannot blame the organization or team for this occurring.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jrb12711 said:

You have to wonder if they would consider moving this game even to Sunday, depending on how many people perhaps have their first negative test Thursday. Assuming these dudes are all vaccinated, you really cannot blame the organization or team for this occurring.

They aren't moving games this year. You field a team, or you forfeit. 

Z

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, LBC mike said:

they can test negative and be back in?

A friend of mine was talking to his doctor who told him that usually people don't get a second test right after they come out of quarantine and are symptom-free. Why not he wondered? Doc said that even after the quarantine period  and you are essentially fine to go out in public again there's a better chance you could test positive for another week or two.

wSS

50 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Rams just put 9 players on the list including OBJ

The Ghoul would say, Good!  I hope he dies!  

We're screwed.  Two starting OLinemen (leaving just 2 starters for the game)...and our only receiver who frightens anyone...gone.  And it's only Tuesday!

Felton and Schwartz have been useless.  Higgins played last week and had no targets.  He's now our #2 behind DPJ?   Geezuz, Joseph & Mary are we screwed.  The Jets game all over again...except against a much better team.  

7 minutes ago, Orion said:

The Ghoul would say, Good!  I hope he dies!  

We're screwed.  Two starting OLinemen (leaving just 2 starters for the game)...and our only receiver who frightens anyone...gone.  And it's only Tuesday!

Felton and Schwartz have been useless.  Higgins played last week and had no targets.  He's now our #2 behind DPJ?   Geezuz, Joseph & Mary are we screwed.  The Jets game all over again...except against a much better team.  

How about we go all Belichek and run 45 times

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Zombo said:
8 players to list so far today including Hooper,Landry, Wills, Teller, Mckinley ... gonna be missing half our roster by the sounds of it.
Z

I'll give you my medical 0.02....  Yeah, I'm very pro vaccine (all three doses) BUT....  Considering that the vast majority of NFL players are vaccinated- We shouldn't be having anywhere near the number of "break through" positives we're seeing.

I'll call it as I see it... Vaccines 95% effective at preventing infection is bullshit. Let's try 80% at best. Maybe 95% effective at preventing serious illness. I'll buy that. But as was posited elsewhere, this covid paranoia has got to stop. We don't isolate 1\2 the team if players come down with a cold or the flu, do we?  My POV it's going to have to get to the point- if you're positive, but asymptomatic- you can suit up and play.  

Apparently covid is rampant in North East Ohio. Seven members of my family tested positive, and except for the two 5 year old's- they were all vaccinated.    :(  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

How about we go all Belichek and run 45 times

Ya know...that's not as crazy as it sounds.  But then again, we run a wide zone blocking scheme right?  I'm assuming it's a little more complicated.  But ordinarily run blocking is a little easier than pass protecting.

7 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I'll give you my medical 0.02....  Yeah, I'm very pro vaccine (all three doses) BUT....  Considering that the vast majority of NFL players are vaccinated- We shouldn't be having anywhere near the number of "break through" positives we're seeing.

I'll call it as I see it... Vaccines 95% effective at preventing infection is bullshit. Let's try 80% at best. Maybe 95% effective at preventing serious illness. I'll buy that. But as was posited elsewhere, this covid paranoia has got to stop. We don't isolate 1\2 the team if players come down with a cold or the flu, do we?  My POV it's going to have to get to the point- if you're positive, but asymptomatic- you can suit up and play.  

Apparently covid is rampant in North East Ohio. Seven members of my family tested positive, and except for the two 5 year old's- they were all vaccinated.    :(  

I'm 75, had the 3 shots (wife has severe asthma & heart issues) & DAMNIT I am NOT going to live in fear. My Priest asked me if covid scared me. I told him that I made it thru 1 1/2 years in the boonies in  'Nam without fearing for my life & I WILL NOT live in fear of this crap! When I die, I die, but I'm gonna live my life to the fullest until I do!!..Besides, Faith & fear are contradictory...You can't have both.

Let these players outta the bubble! PLAY FOOTBALL!!

Mike

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 7

As an addendum... From Yahoo! Sports.... Over 100 NFL players are currently in covid protocol.  So whatever the League is doing, it isn't working to stop the spread of the virus running like wildfire through teams. 

Doubtless there's going to be some screaming when the Competition Committee meets after the season. "Competitive Balance" is a joke when- even following their covid protocols- one team has eight players out, and the other has none. 

"Sorry about your luck" isn't going to cut it anymore. 

EDIT, PS...  League Winter Meeting Tomorrow...  According to NFLN, covid is going to be  a big topic of discussion. When 36 players test positive in one day... "Mission Control, we have a problem."  

57 minutes ago, hoorta said:

As an addendum... From Yahoo! Sports.... Over 100 NFL players are currently in covid protocol.  So whatever the League is doing, it isn't working to stop the spread of the virus running like wildfire through teams. 

Doubtless there's going to be some screaming when the Competition Committee meets after the season. "Competitive Balance" is a joke when- even following their covid protocols- one team has eight players out, and the other has none. 

"Sorry about your luck" isn't going to cut it anymore. 

Yep, that shit ended the second they laid the hammer down about vaccinations (which I’m in favor of). It’s just absurd.

So if none of these guys get back before Saturday,  we are looking at an offensive line of Hance, Bitonio, Harris, Dunn, Hudson. And that Foristall guy at Tight End. No Hunt, no Landry.

Lord have mercy on our souls.

Hopefully Bake and Chubb would still be walking upright.

Z

23 minutes ago, Zombo said:

So if none of these guys get back before Saturday,  we are looking at an offensive line of Hance, Bitonio, Harris, Dunn, Hudson. And that Foristall guy at Tight End. No Hunt, no Landry.

Z

And if any of them get hurt, can we just revert to sandlot rules? Baker hikes the ball to himself, and the defense has to count to three before they can rush.  :D 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, hoorta said:

And if any of them get hurt, can we just revert to sandlot rules? Baker hikes the ball to himself, and the defense has to count to three before they can rush.  :D 

ok, THAT was FUNNY. lol

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Z

Maybe they can play 7 on 7 ?  Covid 🏈 football ?  Oh brother too bad it's not MNF this week.  

going to get worse for all NFL teams apparently...."fully vaccinated" definition changed.

Now official. NFL requiring booster shots of all Tier 1 and 2 staff by Dec. 27. Memo has gone out to teams.pic.twitter.com/lvRjCNADRQ
— Mike Garafolo (@Mike Garafolo) 1639441265

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

going to get worse for all NFL teams apparently...."fully vaccinated" definition changed.

Now official. NFL requiring booster shots of all Tier 1 and 2 staff by Dec. 27. Memo has gone out to teams.pic.twitter.com/lvRjCNADRQ
— Mike Garafolo (@Mike Garafolo) 1639441265

I alluded to this previously Cal...  It's sure looking like the vaccines aren't nearly as "preventative" as advertised. But something is better than nothing. 

The common cold has been around forever (FWIW, covid is a relative of it), and the first pharmaceutical company that could develop an effective vaccine against the plethora of rhinoviruses could rake in billions.