THE BROWNS BOARD

Covid Crushing the Browns

Zombo

Are we taking predictions for tomorrows covid numbers?  It was 8 yesterday, 6 today.  I'm going with 4.

A week or so ago Bradley was released.  Now he's signed to the active roster.  (Ja'Marcus!  You've got another chance to shine.  So Shine and become a Cleveland Brown!)

🚨 Pissed off writer alert 🚨

https://www.brownszone.com/2021/12/15/commentary-nfl-wont-bend-for-anything-including-a-pandemic-or-severely-disadvantaged-browns-roster/

"There has not been any discussion of that”

“We feel confident with continuing changes and adaptions to our protocols we can do that.”

- NFL commissioner Roger Goodell

The Browns did it right, and it’s likely that even some players who didn’t want the COVID-19 vaccine got it to comply with the NFL’s protocols.

The protocols failed. And that’s why, the Browns-Raiders game should be postponed

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

so baker said he feels just fine and has had the jab how do the others feel ? and have they been vaccinated ?  and if so ? who are they trying to protect ? the unvaccinated ? seriously we all know you can still get it even with the shots it's just that you will not get as ill(ya i know in most cases not all)so fuck it i say punish the unvaxed cause look man this shit is never going away

43 minutes ago, Orion said:

I think I heard on The Fan today that there's only 1 Brown that's not vaccinated.

so why then if you are asymptomatic but still test positive can not play ? because the others do not get the jab ? seems very unfair to me

8 minutes ago, ATOM said:

so why then if you are asymptomatic but still test positive can not play ? because the others do not get the jab ? seems very unfair to me

It's their current policy.  The owners were meeting in Dallas today and discussion on changing the covid policies was/is taking place.  

Will they come up with something that would help the Browns situation for this week?   I HIGHLY doubt it.

--- like AJ Foyt would say if his car got caught up in a wreck while in 16th place in the race, "We never shoulda' been runnin' back there in the first place."  -  Really, it's the same with us.  We shouldn't have lost so many games to get to this point.

2 hours ago, ATOM said:

That's not the way the world works. It's simply about a test result and the corresponding numbers that can be reported to the public.  

12 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'd like some proof of this, please.

For one, when a city rightfully sues the NFL and gets a team back, as Cle did, of course the league will be pissed. 

Not to be rude Dutch Oven, but this whole "fact check" stuff floating around lately is cumbersome, and a tad crazy.

Surely, since you're here on this forum, you're a Browns fan.

I can't "provide proof" as you requested, so let me just try and you can take it or leave it:

*Cle gets a team back, rewarded with minimal preparation for expansion draft. NFL recognized it,  Carolina & Jax had totally different rules and basically became contenders quickly. If you haven't read the book False Start by Terry Pluto, I suggest you do.

*Cle expansion team gets put in AFC Central, 6 teams in division. Lo & behold the Baltimore Ratbirds are there. Slap in the face to Cle, just my opinion.

*It gets even better now...NFL "realigns" in 2002 due to Houston Texans expansion team. Perfect opportunity to make things right & put the Ratbirds in the AFC East. Nope, didn't do it. Continued slap in the face.

*Ok, if the above two items aren't your cup of tea how about a few odd happenings I've (and all of us) never seen happen, but happen to Cle....A) Dwayne Rudd helmet b) pass interference called on Cle on a game ending Hail Mary toss by Stafford in Detroit. Detroit wins on an untimed down; I've been watching since 1970, never saw that called in any other game C) recently,in the same game out in Oakland, per Ed Hochulis son, Baker Mayfield "was allowed to be hit in the head," the refs also denied an obvious fumble recovery by Cle "the whistle blew," and the infamous "respot" of the ball giving the Raiders a 1st down; Browns lose D) Bottlegate...Browns still remain only team in NFL history to run a play, then the refs go back and review the prior play; Browns lose E) Chargers game this year, the defensive PI call that gave the Chargers a win, when it was clearly offensive PI F) Browns vs Redskins, 2016...Duke Johnson recovers his own fumble, refs give it to Washington anyway, no challenge allowed, can't remember the obscure reason, but yeah I'm still pissed about it G) Browns vs Jets last year, Browns have no WRs, have to play anyway while division rivals get games postponed (to be fair, Broncos play without a QB same week) H) Ratbirds' inside kick recovery just last week should have been penalized, it was an illegal formation. 

So that's just a small smidgen of examples sir. I know there's more, this is off the top of my head.

And yes, before I sign out, Karlis Missed wide left in the 1987 AFC title game. Has nothing to do with what I wrote above, just throwing it out there lol.

__________________''____________

*Wait, since I'm having trouble sleeping tonight, I can offer up a couple more examples of what I deem to be unfair outcomes....

Josh Gordon. Sure, the guy was immature, a dumbass, didn't care much about fame & fortune. But he was suspended what, 2 1/2 years or so from the Browns for weed? After his release, he gets 2bd chances elsewhere, AGAIN he gets suspended but it's not as severe ( I think he was with NE)...he was on the field shortly thereafter then. 

*Myles Garrett...we all knew he would be punished for the helmet incident. Since the NFL is kind of a 2nd chance league, he's allowed back, BUT I think he's still being punished, as he is constantly held and barely ever draws a flag. Meanwhile, in the helmet smash melee, Pouncey gets suspended for 3 games for KICKING Garrett in the head 3 or 4 times. Not only did Pouncey get his suspension reduced to  2 games, he was nominated for NFL Man-of-the-Year.. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Last year, a Raven's v Steeler game got postponed 3 times because the Ravens had more than 20 members with COVID. Doesn't that jurisprudence affect Browns situation now? 

And vaccines my ass. In Spain there are many more cases of people vaccinated than not. I'm pro vaccines and I always follow the rules, I never contested getting vaccinated, but I have to say that the paranoia and prosecution of those who don't want to get vaccinated by very uneffective vaccines with side effects is alarming.

People live by fear and anger when the positives today most of the times don't make it to the hospital, and probably is simply something that we will have to live through. 

If the Browns are forced to forfeit after following the rules and simply being "unlucky", it's gonna be an ugly move by the league. Heck, they even fined the Titans for breaking the protocols but they never made them forfeit. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Nero said:

Last year, a Raven's v Steeler game got postponed 3 times because the Ravens had more than 20 members with COVID. Doesn't that jurisprudence affect Browns situation now? 

And vaccines my ass. In Spain there are many more cases of people vaccinated than not. I'm pro vaccines and I always follow the rules, I never contested getting vaccinated, but I have to say that the paranoia and prosecution of those who don't want to get vaccinated by very uneffective vaccines with side effects is alarming.

People live by fear and anger when the positives today most of the times don't make it to the hospital, and probably is simply something that we will have to live through. 

If the Browns are forced to forfeit after following the rules and simply being "unlucky", it's gonna be an ugly move by the league. Heck, they even fined the Titans for breaking the protocols but they never made them forfeit. 

I'm not saying the Browns would do it... But with my cycling background... Lance Armstrong got away for years with doping, and there was only innuendo that he was...  I'd be willing to bet there's high tech ways to mask the presence of the covid virus that no one is talking about.  

And I'll stick to my guns that the Browns should start shipping their samples to a different testing site. I know enough about PCR testing that there's the possibility the testing lab they're using is contaminated. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, gumby73 said:

🚨 Pissed off writer alert 🚨

https://www.brownszone.com/2021/12/15/commentary-nfl-wont-bend-for-anything-including-a-pandemic-or-severely-disadvantaged-browns-roster/

"There has not been any discussion of that”

“We feel confident with continuing changes and adaptions to our protocols we can do that.”

- NFL commissioner Roger Goodell

The Browns did it right, and it’s likely that even some players who didn’t want the COVID-19 vaccine got it to comply with the NFL’s protocols.

The protocols failed. And that’s why, the Browns-Raiders game should be postponed

Just saw it being suggested the NFL should declare this a bye week for all 32 teams. (Never happen) I guess I shouldn't feel as bad about our Browns,  as the Rams and WFT are right there with us in #s. 

BTW, the NFLPA and the League ARE  having discussions along with the medical gurus about changing the protocols, (like right now)  because as they stand, they're sure as hell not working. 

Hmmm, as I opined to my Neurologist pal, it's coming out the omicron variant is the likely culprit.  Because the Pfizer vaccine is only 30% effective at stopping it. 

MHO? If you're asymptomatic you should be able to play, regardless.  Anyone hear of covid putting an NFL player in the hospital?  I haven't.  

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

BTW, the NFLPA and the League ARE  having discussions along with the medical gurus about changing the protocols, (like right now)  because as they stand, they're sure as hell not working. 

MHO? If you're asymptomatic you should be able to play, regardless.  Anyone hear of covid putting an NFL player in the hospital?  I haven't.  

Among the options the league and union are discussing:

-- The possibility of allowing asymptomatic, fully vaccinated players who have tested positive to return to team activities with just one negative test. Currently, a vaccinated player needs two negative tests 24 hours apart in order to return before the end of the normal 10-day quarantine period. This would represent a step toward treating the virus as a less dangerous threat that the league must learn to live with. NFL officials were discussing the idea with public health officials, and it was unclear how quickly that change could take effect.

-- The return of masking, social distancing and virtual meetings within team facilities. Those familiar measures are part of the enhanced protocols which, Sills said, five teams are already in and they could be imposed unilaterally by the league. With transmission within facilities, it seems likely these adjustments will be made soon. Most importantly, the NFL says those changes work. The league studied five teams that had been in enhanced protocols and in four of the five, there was no further transmission of the virus.

-- Some members and officials from the players union are advocating for a return to daily testing for all players, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated. Right now, only unvaccinated players are tested every day. Vaccinated players are tested once a week. More testing for everyone would almost certainly reveal more asymptomatic cases.

League officials are resistant to the idea of daily testing.

"What testing doesn't do is prevent transmission, and we've known that always," Sills said. "That was true last year and it's still true today. As we look at how to respond, what we're trying to do is prevent spread within the facility and keep people from testing positive.

Keeping people from testing positive takes us back to their immunity: getting the booster, getting their antibody levels up.

Spread within the facility is more about these other measures. You have to rely on those other measures to make sure that we're not creating spread within our facilities."

Signed,

Ball on tee Saturday 4:30 🏈 ($seen only on network we own$) 

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Among the options the league and union are discussing:

-- The possibility of allowing asymptomatic, fully vaccinated players who have tested positive to return to team activities with just one negative test. Currently, a vaccinated player needs two negative tests 24 hours apart in order to return before the end of the normal 10-day quarantine period. This would represent a step toward treating the virus as a less dangerous threat that the league must learn to live with. NFL officials were discussing the idea with public health officials, and it was unclear how quickly that change could take effect.

-- The return of masking, social distancing and virtual meetings within team facilities. Those familiar measures are part of the enhanced protocols which, Sills said, five teams are already in and they could be imposed unilaterally by the league. With transmission within facilities, it seems likely these adjustments will be made soon. Most importantly, the NFL says those changes work. The league studied five teams that had been in enhanced protocols and in four of the five, there was no further transmission of the virus.

Both of these are reasonable measures that could be implemented today and ones I can't imagine would have any serious push from players or teams. Especially if we moved our game to Sunday, I'm guessing at least half the of fully vaccinated guys make it back. But, because that makes too much sense it won't happen until the Patriots or Tom Brady run into an issue.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Both of these are reasonable measures that could be implemented today and ones I can't imagine would have any serious push from players or teams. Especially if we moved our game to Sunday, I'm guessing at least half the of fully vaccinated guys make it back. But, because that makes too much sense it won't happen until the Patriots or Tom Brady run into an issue.

The league wants the Browns to get higher draft choices again.🙄

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, D Bone said:

That's not the way the world works. It's simply about a test result and the corresponding numbers that can be reported to the public.  

we all know that you can still get covid even with the jab and pass it on to others so ya it's bullshit if you are not feeling the effects that one can not play

#Browns COVID by the numbers: as of Friday a.m.

23 out as of now -

18 from active roster +

3 practice squad

+ 2 coaches: HC Kevin Stefanski & acting RBs coach Ryan Cordell

FGxEzfMX0AILQBK.jpg.b6ed482c1957bbb084731e95da79f895.jpg

Landry, Jarvis Covid-19  Wills Jr., Jedrick Covid-19  Teller, Wyatt Covid-19  Hooper, Austin Covid-19  Mayfield, Baker Covid-19  KEENUM, CASE U/Was  Natson, JoJo Covid-19  Forbes, Drew Covid-19             Travis, Ross Covid-19  HC Kevin Stefanski   RB coach Ryan Cordell 

McKinley, Takkarist Covid-19  McDowell, Malik Covid-19  Odenigbo, Ifeadi Covid-19  Walker, Anthony Covid-19  Phillips, Jacob 20/3  HILL, TROY Covid-19  Green, AJ CF20  Harrison, Ronnie Covid-19             Delpit, Grant 20/2  Johnson III, John Covid-19  Meadors, Nate Covid-19   Gillan, Jamie Covid-19 

Out injury-- Hunt/Newsome/Schwartz

Edit-- The Browns play in GB next Saturday 🎅.. 4 NFC teams play this Sunday & Monday night.

In the least... moving our game to Sunday night would be the closest thing to playoff competitive right at this point..  staying tuned NFL

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

#Browns COVID by the numbers: as of Friday a.m.

23 out as of now -

18 from active roster +

3 practice squad

+ 2 coaches: HC Kevin Stefanski & acting RBs coach Ryan Cordell

If this was a team the Commish cared about at all - the game would already be postponed.   It's not, so by all means let's get the Browns their final blow on Saturday. As someone else said, last year Goodell tried to realign the stars and planets moving 1 matchup 2 or 3 times for franchises Goodell felt were worthy of it.  Another episode of it's only Cleveland.

This is exactly what Roger Goodell wants to see - Cleveland starting 3rd string QB Nick Mullins in what should have been the most winnable matchup on the rest of its schedule.  How many of these vaccinated players with COVID on the Browns had to be hospitalized?  How many are even symptomatic?  

The only 2 starting OL in front of the 3rd string QB are Tretter and Bitonio.  Gee, what could go wrong?  

Edited by Flugel
  • Upvote 3

Rumor mill is that two more defensive players popped positive this morning. I literally cannot believe how dumb this is.

I genuinely hope the Browns voluntarily withdraw from this game unless we get a chunk of these dudes back. To have a team of 3rd stringers playing starters on essentially one day of practice is incredibly more dangerous than any COVID disease for vaccinated people. 

So this is our new normal? Awesome! 

Thoughts and prayers to everyone who has a random test say they have something yet feel perfectly fine.... may God be with you in this trying time.