THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns game moved to monday night

ATOM

I'm just going to fully admit I don't understand the science, but it's possible to have one negative test and be back. I think, for sure, we can eliminate the following:

Clowney, Wilson, Phillips, Hunt (who was out anyway), Delpit, AJ Green, Harrison,

However, God willing we could get these dudes back:

Forbes, Hooper, Landry, Teller, Wills, McKinley.

If we even get those dudes back, rolling with Mullens makes it a game. Let's see how it goes.

• Upvote 1

As I asked in the other thread, How long will it take to go from positive to negative?  (rhetorical)  And based on that, will a couple of extra days even matter?

Perhaps we'll be able to get an injured player back....like maybe Newsome.  Schwartz, of course, has had a concussion for what, a month now?

10 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

"And what happened, then?

Well, in Cleveland they say -- That Roger Goodell's small heart grew 3 sizes that day"

1LqW.gif       

🎅 Believe- Land 🤶 

well what really happened was rams browns and the wtf were talking a forfeiture of the games which for one all six teams would lose their game day checks and Ofcourse the nfl would lose out on 3 games not being played 

money the great motivator

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kegeratorz said:

In LV  .....

The....

FG2X6S8WUAo6GtS.jpg.02e7907f52408c961b483df3897bc0c5.jpg

dodging some weather... Cleveland December.. 

Saturday Night

A chance of rain showers before 8pm, then a chance of rain and snow showers between 8pm and 3am, then a chance of snow showers after 3am. Cloudy, with a low around 32. North wind 9 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Sunday

A chance of snow showers before 2pm, then a slight chance of rain and snow showers between 2pm and 4pm, then a slight chance of snow showers after 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 34. North wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
Sunday Night

A slight chance of snow showers before 8pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 26. Calm wind becoming south around 6 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Monday

Sunny, with a high near 41.
Monday Night

Partly cloudy, with a low around 29.

We shall see....

Practice Squad/COVID-19
Player    #    Pos    HT    WT    Age    Exp    College

Nate Meadors  49    S    5-11    189    24    1    UCLA

JoJo Natson  19    WR    5-7    153    27    5    Akron

Ross Travis  87    TE    6-6    251    28    5    Penn State

Reserve/COVID-19
Player    #    Pos    HT    WT    Age    Exp    College

Grant Delpit  22    S    6-3    208    23    2    LSU

Tony Fields II  42    LB    6-0    222    22    R    West Virginia

Drew Forbes  79    G    6-5    308    24    2    Southeast Missouri State

Jamie Gillan  7    P    6-1    207    24    3    Arkansas Pine-Bluff

A.J. Green  38    CB    6-2    198    23    1    Oklahoma State

Ronnie Harrison Jr.  33    S    6-3    214    24    4    Alabama

Troy Hill  23    CB    5-11    183    30    6    Oregon

Austin Hooper  81    TE    6-4    255    27    6    Stanford

Kareem Hunt  27    RB    5-11    216    26    5    Toledo

John Johnson III  43    S    6-0    209    26    5    Boston College

Case Keenum  5    QB    6-1    215    33    9    Houston

Jarvis Landry  80    WR    5-11    196    29    8    LSU

Baker Mayfield  6    QB    6-1    215    26    4    Oklahoma

Malik McDowell  58    DT    6-6    295    25    1    Michigan State

Takkarist McKinley  55    DE    6-2    260    26    5    UCLA

Ifeadi Odenigbo  57    DE    6-3    258    27    4    Northwestern

Jacob Phillips  50    LB    6-3    228    22    2    LSU

Wyatt Teller  77    G    6-4    314    27    4    Virginia Tech

Jedrick Wills Jr.  71    T    6-4    307    22    2    Alabama

Mack Wilson  51    LB    6-1    233    23    3    Alabama

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

I'm just going to fully admit I don't understand the science, but it's possible to have one negative test and be back. I think, for sure, we can eliminate the following:

Clowney, Wilson, Phillips, Hunt (who was out anyway), Delpit, AJ Green, Harrison,

However, God willing we could get these dudes back:

Forbes, Hooper, Landry, Teller, Wills, McKinley.

If we even get those dudes back, rolling with Mullens makes it a game. Let's see how it goes.

Add Baker to the "maybes". 

6 hours ago, Orion said:

As I asked in the other thread, How long will it take to go from positive to negative?  (rhetorical)  And based on that, will a couple of extra days even matter?

Perhaps we'll be able to get an injured player back....like maybe Newsome.  Schwartz, of course, has had a concussion for what, a month now?

Depends on the person.  Based on other members of  my family,  about a week, if you've been vaccinated.  

52 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

So does the NFL not hate the Browns any more? 😉

No, they hate forfeits, lost TV and gate revenue more. It had to burn Godell to delay a prime Saturday game the NFLN had been pumping for weeks. 

Heard the NFLPA would be in favor of shit canning any testing. Make it like the flu. If you're vaccinated the only reason you don't play is if you're too sick to do so. MHO, I wouldn't doubt that's what's going to happen for the 2022 season. Its getting obvious that a lot of the positives were only detected was because they were tested.

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Depends on the person.  Based on other members of  my family,  about a week, if you've been vaccinated.  

So then, we're probably not getting any of these guys back for Monday 5pm.

4 minutes ago, Orion said:

So then, we're probably not getting any of these guys back for Monday 5pm.

Hey, some of those guys tested positive this past Monday.  IIRC we my get the Scottish Hammer and  Landry back. 

I say use those covid test kits that are now available at your local drug store. Hey, I'm a certified laboratory professional (retired). Do you see that second pink line? No, but I wasn't looking too hard for it. Great, put me in coach, I'm ready to play.  :D

12 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Nope, they now only hate LV, Seattle, and the Eagles. That’s if you ask their fan base of course. 

I know a die hard Raiders fan and he says the NFL stole the Raiders competitive advantage by postponing. Spare me the nonsense please!

13 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

So the NFL gets pressured to do something…and finally does “something” which will likely have no impact other than a small handful of guys coming back (Saturday to Monday shift) on a team that by all reports followed protocols. 

Las Vegas is at a disadvantage too (much smaller degree) practices as though they are on a short week gets ready to board a flight but is now back to a different schedule.  They essentially missed a day of on field prep.  I’m not feeling that bad they arent scrambling to put guys off the street into sub packages 

On 12/18/2021 at 5:17 PM, DieHardBrownsFan said:

How the hell is the delay to Monday helping any?

A lot can still change before the Browns and Raiders kick off Monday at 5 p.m. at FirstEnergy Stadium.

The NFL adjusted the deadline for roster activation from Sunday at 4 p.m. until Monday at 2 p.m., so the players on the list will continue to test with the hope of being cleared to play. Mayfield is at the top of the list.

Kevin Stefanski could be cleared to coach. Case Keenum has the chance to be activated and start at quarterback. Left tackle Jedrick Wills Jr., receiver Jarvis Landry, tight end Austin Hooper and safeties John Johnson III, Ronnie Harrison Jr. and Grant Delpit are also possibilities to come off the COVID-19 list if they’re asymptomatic and have a negative test Monday after testing positive last week.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

A lot can still change before the Browns and Raiders kick off Monday at 5 p.m. at FirstEnergy Stadium.

The NFL adjusted the deadline for roster activation from Sunday at 4 p.m. until Monday at 2 p.m., so the players on the list will continue to test with the hope of being cleared to play. Mayfield is at the top of the list.

Kevin Stefanski could be cleared to coach. Case Keenum has the chance to be activated and start at quarterback. Left tackle Jedrick Wills Jr., receiver Jarvis Landry, tight end Austin Hooper and safeties John Johnson III, Ronnie Harrison Jr. and Grant Delpit are also possibilities to come off the COVID-19 list if they’re asymptomatic and have a negative test Monday after testing positive last week.

Teller activated.. There ya go... Wouldn't have played Saturday... Every little bit helps...