THE BROWNS BOARD

★ NFL WEEK 16 ★ Win or else, again • CLEVELAND  +7½  at  GB Saturday  on FOX 4:30  ET  Buck and Aikman

mjp28

Just now, SdBacker80 said:

Christmas hope and dream dashed.

Good call on the blitz - not bashing the call…but keep cherry picking 

we can’t play off coverage like Greedy at the goal line last drive 

Not cherry picking at all buddy.  Read a good deal of posts middle of this week and just didn't bother responding because unless you have a loaded secondary along with Jalen Ramsey, I can't think of many zero looks that are going to work. The Pack just have too many post snap sight adjustments to make it a viable strategy barring catching Rodgers off guard. Which happens about once a game.

10 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Not cherry picking at all buddy.  Read a good deal of posts middle of this week and just didn't bother responding because unless you have a loaded secondary along with Jalen Ramsey, I can't think of many zero looks that are going to work. The Pack just have too many post snap sight adjustments to make it a viable strategy barring catching Rodgers off guard. Which happens about once a game.

I agree. He's way too good reading what defenses are intending and we don't disguise as well as we need to to fool him.

44 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Time to find a new signal caller 

Monday Morning QB writer Albert Breer thinks the Browns will go after Deshaun Watson. 

Not sure if its just his conjecture, or if he has a connection in Berea. 

I'm not sure about that theory, but if they don't sign Baker to an extension this offseason, I don't think they ever will. 

16 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Monday Morning QB writer Albert Breer thinks the Browns will go after Deshaun Watson. 

Not sure if its just his conjecture, or if he has a connection in Berea. 

I'm not sure about that theory, but if they don't sign him to an extension this offseason, I don't think they ever will. 

If his Legal team can save him he is an improvement. 

12 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Any way you look at it regardless of the causes, 4 ints in a game is just unacceptable in the NFL.

In a game where you run for 200 plus. The argument out there…Baker doesn’t have enough support.  That’s crap!!!

How many times has a team run for 200 plus and had a QB throw 4 picks?

19 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Any way you look at it regardless of the causes, 4 ints in a game is just unacceptable in the NFL.

I totally agree. Baker is not good enough 

On 12/24/2021 at 8:27 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

I could see the Browns losing this by 21. EDIT: In fact Adams will get 21 himself. The Browns maybe score 10.

Well the BROWNS +7 was as good as gold !

Too bad that they couldn't pull it off for the win, oh well.

QUESTION:

Watching the ratbird-bengal game, the bengals challeged a no call on "too many men on the field" on the ratbirds.

It turned out, both teams did ... LOL.

So....why couldn't the Browns have thrown the flag and challenged the no call at that time when Peoples-Jones was deliberately held and it ended up in an int?

I don't remember, did they not have a time out? I think they did.

Even with no time outs, I think a team should be to challenge refs in the last two minutes. It's stupid for refs to

not have any accountability by the NFL for all the bad calls/no calls we're seeing this season.

45 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

It's stupid for refs to

not have any accountability by the NFL for all the bad calls/no calls we're seeing this season.

Exactly, I always felt if the refs dictate you fate then you didn’t do your job well enough. However, some of these calls/no calls need to be addressed all around the league. I get it’s real time and split second judgment but something has to give.

It’s okay to be wrong as long as you get it right. 

10 minutes ago, Kegeratorz said:

Exactly, I always felt if the refs dictate you fate then you didn’t do your job well enough. However, some of these calls/no calls need to be addressed all around the league. I get it’s real time and split second judgment but something has to give.

It’s okay to be wrong as long as you get it right. 

I think erroneous no-calls like the tug on the shirt to steal the interception should be reviewable if a team is willing to throw their red flag to risk losing a TO. That no-call changed the outcome of the game.

2 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I think erroneous no-calls like the tug on the shirt to steal the interception should be reviewable if a team is willing to throw their red flag to risk losing a TO. That no-call changed the outcome of the game.

You are not allowed to challenge in the last 2 minutes. 

5 minutes ago, Kegeratorz said:

That seems like the most important time to challenge and the easiest way, intended or not, to manipulate an outcome. 

I guess if you have a TO left, you should be able to challenge