THE BROWNS BOARD

Doug Dieken Retiring from the Booth

hx214

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/doug-dieken-a-browns-legend-on-the-field-and-inside-the-radio-booth-announces-hi

Going to miss him.  I always mute the TV and turn him and Jim on. Might be the only reason I tune in this Sunday! 

Hope they ask Joe Thomas to replace him. If they put Dustin Fox in the booth I'll never listen again....

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, hx214 said:

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/doug-dieken-a-browns-legend-on-the-field-and-inside-the-radio-booth-announces-hi

Going to miss him.  I always mute the TV and turn him and Jim on. Might be the only reason I tune in this Sunday! 

Hope they ask Joe Thomas to replace him. If they put Dustin Fox in the booth I'll never listen again....

The networks hate Bernie.. but that's the logical replacement....  Joe taking over the radio gig would be a serious downgrade in pay scale.   :(  

• Thanks 1

Dieken didn't wow me all that much.. The networks hate Bernie because he tells it like it really is and he's the complete opposite of WOKE!

1 hour ago, nickers said:

Dieken didn't wow me all that much.. The networks hate Bernie because he tells it like it really is and he's the complete opposite of WOKE!

Dieken always cracked me up with his dead pan responses and grunts and groans.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

The networks hate Bernie.. but that's the logical replacement....  Joe taking over the radio gig would be a serious downgrade in pay scale.   :(  

Is it hatred that kept the rest of the league from hiring him as a coach?

I think if there's any hatred for Bernie it's because of his on air drinking. Some in the past have used brain damage and injuries for his slurred speech but I call BS on that.

Lately however it seems whatever problems he had have been dealt with and he has sounded much better these days. I am glad for that and wish him nothing but the best going forward.

But it will still be hard to fill Doug's shoes, hes truly one of us

WSS

• Upvote 2

I can’t see them putting Bernie in the booth. He’s hard to understand sometimes, and Jimmy already speaks the truth. 

I will certainly miss Diek' on the air.. years of delaying games, to move audio to the best..

Not many can fill a pro bowl shirt like Doug...images.jpg.482aef4f72df5b7ec7b39eaf24ada12b.jpgimages.jpg.90b2aafc7cab905433289a16a7e1b633.jpg  Good luck Diek'

13 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I call BS on that.

i have allways hated that saying  I mean how do you call BS like a dog ? c'mon BS its time for dinner or is there a 1-800 # so you can actually call BS ? and if so what would you say  to BS  ?