THE BROWNS BOARD

Nicknames

The Gipper

Perhaps the reason the Browns don't win enough is that they don't have enough players with good nicknames.

Is there anyone on the Browns currently with any kind of nickname?

There have been some great nicknames in football past. Dante "Gluefingers" Lavelli just left us. The Mad Stork, The Assassin, the Nigerian Nightmare, Night Train Lane. etc.

Does anyone know of any Browns with a nickname? We had K2, but let him go. That is the only one I can recall.

Better yet, propose a good name for some of these players. I mean, who really wants to call him Mohammed Massaquoi.

We could always do the "play on name" nickname, and go with "Massacre Massaquoi" or something, but that has been overdone somewhat. Come up with something for these guys.

Perhaps the reason the Browns don't win enough is that they don't have enough players with good nicknames.

Is there anyone on the Browns currently with any kind of nickname?

There have been some great nicknames in football past. Dante "Gluefingers" Lavelli just left us. The Mad Stork, The Assassin, the Nigerian Nightmare, Night Train Lane. etc.

Does anyone know of any Browns with a nickname? We had K2, but let him go. That is the only one I can recall.

Better yet, propose a good name for some of these players. I mean, who really wants to call him Mohammed Massaquoi.

We could always do the "play on name" nickname, and go with "Massacre Massaquoi" or something, but that has been overdone somewhat. Come up with something for these guys.

MoMass has stuck since we drafted him.

That though is a lazy, bad name, like A-Rod.

I did think of one: Floyd "Pork Chop" Womack. Something like that is good.

Isn't the motive behind a nickname laziness? Quick, easy and memorable. This is the modern NFL, not the Navy (no offense to the Navy, or its members, just meant the Hollywood idea of the WWII era Navy).

jamal "where's my walker" lewis

Really I thought he was running pretty hard the other night, especially on the screens.

I like our odds with him out in the flat catching passes, he may not break one for 80 yards but

he'll punish the guys enough that someone else will.

Romeo "Fat Ass" Crennel.

Romeo Crennel

Guest TheJokersWILD

Alex Mack-Mack Daddy

Robiskie-Robocop

Mike Furrey- FurrBall

Robert Royal- The Royal Treatment

David "Vicodin" Veikune (that's only if he brings the pain to the runningbacks of opposing teams)

Thats all i got for now

Guest TheJokersWILD
Shaun "Poops Fire-Hydrants" Rogers

How bout Shaun "Stay Puft" Rogers. although he might want to kill me for comparing him to a five-hundred foot tall white marshmallow

Isn't the motive behind a nickname laziness? Quick, easy and memorable. This is the modern NFL, not the Navy (no offense to the Navy, or its members, just meant the Hollywood idea of the WWII era Navy).

I disagree that the motive behind a nickname is laziness. If it is just laziness then any diminutive name could apply.

No, I believe the purpose of a nick name is to incite endearment to a person based on some personality trait or other attribute..

Calling someone The Round Mound of Rebound is certainly harder than just calling him Chuck. So no, I don't think laziness should be the criteria for a good nickname, though I agree it often happens like A-Rod or MoMass. Why not just call these guys Al or Moe.

Of course there could be the semi-cliche Brady "The Mighty" Quinn.

Or, if DA is going to stay around, call him "The Prosecutor". I kinda like that one....if DA would do his business right.

(FYI, in Ohio we don't use the nomenclature "District Attorneys", we have "Prosecutors")

Also, if Kameron Wimbley would get and keep his motor running he could be "Keeps on Ticking".

(For those of you old enough to remember, it was an actor named John Cameron Sweazy that was famous for I believe the Timex Commercials where he said, "It takes a licking and keeps on ticking".

Also, if Kameron Wimbley would get and keep his motor running he could be "Keeps on Ticking".

(For those of you old enough to remember, it was an actor named John Cameron Sweazy that was famous for I believe the Timex Commercials where he said, "It takes a licking and keeps on ticking".

Kam "BamBam" Wibley

(I still don't think we've bested "PorkChop")

Archived