THE BROWNS BOARD

Just For cal

TexasAg1969

Since he can't post at the moment I thought I'd start a thread for him to celebrate our love of history. 😁🤗

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/gun-designer-john-browning-is-born?cmpid=email-hist-tdih-2022-0121-01212022&om_rid=&~campaign=hist-tdih-2022-0121

Back to the topic 

I own one of John Browning’s finest designs

It is a Browning Hi-Power 9mm 

My favorite weapon in my collection, by far

5E53E6F2-6FE7-48DF-B574-0A899FACB77F.jpeg

• Upvote 2

I think the exchange comes from this particular thread. (If it hasn't been sanitized for our protection) I didn't notice any abusive insulting behavior beyond what goes goes on between people who don't like the other guys choice in quarterback. It would seem to me and has more to do with political opinions. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

Seems a little low-brow to rub it in that someone got a posting time-out, imo. I've had my battles with Cal in the past, but what does this thread accomplish?

LOL! cal likes guns and history as do I. It's the one thing we totally agree on and I know he gets it. Hang 'em high cowboy!🤠

PS-he's banned briefly from posting, not from reading.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

I have the exact same model. I keep thinking about getting pearl handles

WSS

I love the real wood grips

• Upvote 1

On 1/21/2022 at 6:19 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

Since he can't post at the moment I thought I'd start a thread for him to celebrate our love of history. 😁🤗

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/gun-designer-john-browning-is-born?cmpid=email-hist-tdih-2022-0121-01212022&om_rid=&~campaign=hist-tdih-2022-0121

There are forums that do not permit creating threads to call out members. You once again help eliminate any doubt of being just another backward lefty.

Well, did you at least learn something from a topic that Cal would have posted?

4 hours ago, Gorka said:

There are forums that do not permit creating threads to call out members. You once again help eliminate any doubt of being just another backward lefty.

Well, did you at least learn something from a topic that Cal would have posted?

11 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

LOL! cal likes guns and history as do I. It's the one thing we totally agree on and I know he gets it. Hang 'em high cowboy!🤠

PS-he's banned briefly from posting, not from reading.

Wake up. cal will pipe in when he returns. He knows damn well we share the love of shooting and outdoors stuff like hiking, camping, western history, etc. He would not complain about a history thread related to Browning, one of the most important figures in the development of many American weapons that came off his work.

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

So, ya'll think that banning cal for a few days will teach his 70 year old ass a lesson?   :D

Probably not

13 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

So, ya'll think that banning cal for a few days will teach his 70 year old ass a lesson?   :D

LOL! No, but I hope to hear more outdoor adventures and wilderness tips upon his return. Those I enjoy immensely.

BTW did you learn anything new on your self-imposed exile?   🤣

And in the bonus round if cal is like me, love for the outdoors started with access to the countryside (my grandparents farm with wooded acres too) and here, another date in history for today.   

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/boy-scouts-movement-begins?cmpid=email-hist-tdih-2022-0124-01242022&om_rid=&~campaign=hist-tdih-2022-0124

13 hours ago, Vambo said:

I had this one sold it for a bunch!

A place worth a visit on my bucket list. https://www.intermountainhistories.org/items/show/482

The Buffalo Bill Cody Museum in Cody, Wyoming is also worth a visit. That one I have seen first hand.👍