THE BROWNS BOARD

The Tucker Story

YtownBrownsBacker

There has been a lot of speculation about Ryan Tucker for the last week since we didn't see him around camp. While now we know he had knee surgery. This BS about hiding and not talking about injuries leads to nothing but speculation and unfounded assumptions by the media.

As we now know Tucker was not released, instead he was put on IR. There will be a injury settlement buy out offer made before Sunday and the Browns will be able to resign him in six weeks. That is the approximate time it will take him to rehab his injury. The only downside (like in the Cary case) he will become exposed to other teams. Another team can come in a make him an offer at any time. The Browns have to wait for six weeks. In Cary's case it was just having him clear waivers.

There was another option for Tucker, put him on the PUP list. If that was done then his salary would have still counted against the cap. The Browns are cap strapped because of a few deals made by the preceding regime. Notably; Rogers, Steinbach, Lewis, Williams and Anderson. Plus some pretty good money being spent on Thomas and Edwards. So, it is unfortunate that questionable moves that expose injured players have to be made to create enough cap room to sign some other players. Every team needs some room for injury replacements. One of the reasons Leonard was traded over Williams. Williams may have been too big a cap hit to trade.

Here's the bottom line. Some media insiders are saying that Mangini isn't satisfied with the depth or backups at some positions and will definately be looking for some guys being released who could come in and help. He has to have enough freed up money to do that and money left over for injuries that happen during the year. You could expect another trade or two to rid some salary. You could even see another veteran or two let go. But you should expect to see some new faces after the Chicago game. Maybe a new DB and I would expect an experienced tackle. Depending on how Harrison and Davis do against Chicago, maybe a RB. They've already paid Lewis, so he isn't going anywhere.

A few people that can't really be traded or cut this year because of cap ramifications, quaranteed salary other teams won't touch or bonuses already paid, but they will be gone next year. Steinbach, Lewis, Cory Williams, one of the QBs (DA or BQ) and of course Stallworth. BQs salary has an escalator clause that kicks in if he takes 70% of the snaps. After this year they can all be released or traded.

Just a few tidbits to start a controversial thread that isn't about QBs.

"This BS about hiding and not talking about injuries leads to nothing but speculation and unfounded assumptions by the media."

hAVE zero PROBLEM WITHHOLDING INFO FROM THE PRESS... Love it in fact...i watch the pressers and I can see them squirm...lol...whine, and cry because "we" have nothing to write about "poor us"...Fk the media...make them actually investigate, and track down stories and get out of there cush office chairs...god forbid. Such a none story but it seems to piss off y-town...he's buying into the media propaganda by calleing mangini's not talking about injuries "B.S". lmao

Not sure Williams will be gone next year....want to see him in 3-4 in his second year first...and coached up by a actual "coach" lol. he has a big ticket for sure but I'll wait on judgement. as far as lewis , stallworth...see ya round...Steinbach restructure him or trade him...still value there. jmho

Rogers...worth every penny!!! Anderson...hope a starter goes down and we trade his ass for a 2nd rounder next year

I'd take less for Anderson, but he or Quinn will be out after this year. No way they sit here next year and eat both their salaries. I've been a Steinbach supporter but he isn't a good fit for what Mangini wants to do. He is more of a Denver Bronco's zone blocking OL. Good guy, in wrong system and vastly overpaid. They may have to release him. Williams is a square peg in a round hole. Just not a fit in this system. If you saw him play as a one gap DT, you'd agree. Another vastly overpaid guy who will be a backup this year. Well not really a backup, he will be in the rotation at DE. I to would like to see him be more productive but he will never perform in a 3-4 like he can in a 4-3. So, I think he is traded.

Rogers and Thomas are worth every cent, I just noted them to show how tight the team is in money vs the cap. Savage overpaid to get some of these guys and it is killing Mangini. He doesn't have the money to bring in additional players who may come available.

I'd take less for Anderson, but he or Quinn will be out after this year. No way they sit here next year and eat both their salaries. I've been a Steinbach supporter but he isn't a good fit for what Mangini wants to do. He is more of a Denver Bronco's zone blocking OL. Good guy, in wrong system and vastly overpaid. They may have to release him. Williams is a square peg in a round hole. Just not a fit in this system. If you saw him play as a one gap DT, you'd agree. Another vastly overpaid guy who will be a backup this year. Well not really a backup, he will be in the rotation at DE. I to would like to see him be more productive but he will never perform in a 3-4 like he can in a 4-3. So, I think he is traded.

Rogers and Thomas are worth every cent, I just noted them to show how tight the team is in money vs the cap. Savage overpaid to get some of these guys and it is killing Mangini. He doesn't have the money to bring in additional players who may come available.

Williams has about 4 games to play in reg season before he becomes"available" on the block. I hope he can nail the 3-4 DE position!

Archived