THE BROWNS BOARD

Denzel Ward the next Deion? No. Why not take Baker first and Josh Allen at 4. No franchise QB in 30 years!

SkippinTurtles

32 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Well, Josh Allen's first two seasons pretty much blew. 

So they would have seen Baker play and Josh play, most likely would have traded off Josh and they would be in the same situation they are now.... so...

Minus a CB.

12 hours ago, SkippinTurtles said:

Taking 2 QB's in the top 4 picks when you haven't had one since Otto Graham creates competition.  Bad QB=franchise failure.

So I'm confused, help me. 

The title of this thread refers to no franchise QB in 30 years, yet you mention now "since Otto Graham." 

Sipe & Kosar did well. Jury is still out on Mayfield. 

Did Tony Grossi just join the Browns Board? 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SkippinTurtles said:

Josh Allen and Baker would have had a RG3-Kirk Cousins battle.  Allen's potential vs. a 5'10" DB in Ward.  Even if Allen busted, so what.  They can find a DB similar to Ward next year.  Allen had elite skills in the right system.  QB's don't grow on trees.  Anyone can run.

Allen couldn’t consistently put the ball where it needed to be against Mountain West competition where maybe San Diego State plays defense everyone else not so much.

Knowing what they knew at the time…I don’t blame them for not picking Josh Allen.

Big and could throw the ball a mile…sounds like Jamarcus Russell