THE BROWNS BOARD

AGAIN????

69Rixter

Here we go AGAIN!!! Excuses, excuses and B.S. On paper, everyone saw the Browns as a S.B. contender this season.....well, everyone except half-assed Haslam. Mark my words, the Browns will never be 'contenders" as long as he is the 'dictator". I thought a lot of this past season's problems were Stef's bad decisions, then Christmas Day the light bestowed me. Haslam is a greedy narcissist that will only be bothered with the bottom line...$$$$. Stef, I'm sure, did not make the decision to bring a wounded duck into Lambeau Field. I think I see now, Stef wanted to show Halfassedlam that Faker isn't the QB the Browns need. Yet, Halfasslam decides to take a personal jet, put Faker on it and fly him to Green Bay to blow yet another game. Picking 13th in the draft this year.....WHY? We have so many good players on this team and yet they are sacrificed to Halfassedlam's pettyness. I don't believe in Huge Jackass (Hugh Jackson) spewing his putrid garbage, but it is fact a lot of teams do tank for draft picks. Haslam didn't have to offer him money to tank, Jackasson was the most inept H.C. in the history of pro FB!!! Check this, if the Browns were such a terrible group of players in "16-'18 (3-37 under Jackson) how did Williams take that same team to 5-3? I believe the Admin. of the Browns were tanking and they knew Jackasson was the H.C. to do it. I've resigned myself to sayin, over the past 20 yrs. "Maybe next year", I will no longer do that for I know I'll never see my 'dream" come to fruition until Halfasslam is removed from the front office!. Oh, and it's sad to see the demise of this forum in April. When it leaves us, could you PLEASE take the idiot-at-the-helm with it.

55 yr. Browns fan

22 minutes ago, 69Rixter said:

Here we go AGAIN!!! Excuses, excuses and B.S. On paper, everyone saw the Browns as a S.B. contender this season.....well, everyone except half-assed Haslam. Mark my words, the Browns will never be 'contenders" as long as he is the 'dictator". I thought a lot of this past season's problems were Stef's bad decisions, then Christmas Day the light bestowed me. Haslam is a greedy narcissist that will only be bothered with the bottom line...$$$$. Stef, I'm sure, did not make the decision to bring a wounded duck into Lambeau Field. I think I see now, Stef wanted to show Halfassedlam that Faker isn't the QB the Browns need. Yet, Halfasslam decides to take a personal jet, put Faker on it and fly him to Green Bay to blow yet another game. Picking 13th in the draft this year.....WHY? We have so many good players on this team and yet they are sacrificed to Halfassedlam's pettyness. I don't believe in Huge Jackass (Hugh Jackson) spewing his putrid garbage, but it is fact a lot of teams do tank for draft picks. Haslam didn't have to offer him money to tank, Jackasson was the most inept H.C. in the history of pro FB!!! Check this, if the Browns were such a terrible group of players in "16-'18 (3-37 under Jackson) how did Williams take that same team to 5-3? I believe the Admin. of the Browns were tanking and they knew Jackasson was the H.C. to do it. I've resigned myself to sayin, over the past 20 yrs. "Maybe next year", I will no longer do that for I know I'll never see my 'dream" come to fruition until Halfasslam is removed from the front office!. Oh, and it's sad to see the demise of this forum in April. When it leaves us, could you PLEASE take the idiot-at-the-helm with it.

55 yr. Browns fan

OK, vent all you want to... But I really doubt it was Haslam calling the shots who got to play gameday.   I (as well as many others) point the finger at Baker for not having the courage to admit his (lousy) performance was costing the team wins.  He should have been shut down after the Patriots debacle. Stef shares some blame for not sitting him. But if you think Kev was deliberately throwing games out the window to prove a point- you're nuts. No coach in his right mind would do anything like that.  Or that Haslam was telling him who to start...

Yeah, another year, another disappointment.  I'm probably older than you.. And I'm running out of wait till next years fast.  Even should Baker come back 100% healthy and revert to 2020 form, we're going to be dealing with the upstart Bengals and their stud QB (barring injury)for at least a decade.  

RE: hoorta

Yes, Thank You, I did vent!! OK, let me ask you this and please, let me know. On Christmas Eve., the browns flew to G.B. without Faker. Suddenly, 9 a.m. next morn(Christmas), a chartered plane flies Faker to Lambeau (G.B.) Who chartered the plane? Stef went to G.B. without Faker, you want me to believe he suddenly had a change of mind and decided to fly Faker up there? I realize we "stuck" with Faker for another season (barring a trade) and in answering your question, NO, I'm not pleased w/ the "direction" HASSlam is taking. And, I do believe HASSlam called the shots Christmas day. I agree with you that no H.C. should listen to the front office, but Stef wouldn't have a job if he didn't.....remember Greg Williams? 

2 minutes ago, 69Rixter said:

Yes, Thank You, I did vent!! OK, let me ask you this and please, let me know. On Christmas Eve., the browns flew to G.B. without Faker. Suddenly, 9 a.m. next morn(Christmas), a chartered plane flies Faker to Lambeau (G.B.) Who chartered the plane? Stef went to G.B. without Faker, you want me to believe he suddenly had a change of mind and decided to fly Faker up there? I realize we "stuck" with Faker for another season (barring a trade) and in answering your question, NO, I'm not pleased w/ the "direction" HASSlam is taking. And, I do believe HASSlam called the shots Christmas day. I agree with you that no H.C. should listen to the front office, but Stef wouldn't have a job if he didn't.....remember Greg Williams? 

Greg Williams  is blackballed from the league for having any chance to be a head coach so not haslems fought there

1 minute ago, ATOM said:

Greg Williams  is blackballed from the league for having any chance to be a head coach so not haslems fought there

RE: ATOM

HUH?

2 minutes ago, 69Rixter said:

2 things here. #1. Please show me where/when G.Williams was "banned" from becoming a H.C. and #2. there's really no debate here as to his being/becoming an H.C. pertinent to this forum's topic of conversation.

just because you made it sound like is was jimmys fought that greg did not remain as head coach and I was just pointing out that after bounty gate in nola it was widely speculated that williams would never ever get a job as a head coach in the nfl

The "topic" of this thread is, basically, "the direction of the Browns". If you wish to debate me/others on the Browns dealing w/ Greg Williams, please, open a thread with such a topic. In such a thread you could show me where/when he was "banned" from ever receiving a H.C. position!!

22 hours ago, 69Rixter said:

Um, Baker hadn't cleared covid protocol in time to travel to Green Bay with the rest of the team. There's your explanation.  FWIW, I've said plenty of times elsewhere MHO is Mayfield should have been shut down after the Patriots debacle. His crappy stats back up that POV. 

You can believe anything you want to regarding Haslam.  (Like Jimmy was telling Stef to play an obviously wounded Baker) You're spouting an opinion with zero proof to back it up. 

23 hours ago, 69Rixter said:

HUH?

"Faker"

"HASSlam"

You're SO fucking edgy and original.   I bet you bake cookies at 351 degrees.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

He would have fit in so well here, but alas, this board is in the 9th inning of its existence. 

Regarding the board, being in the 9th inning of it's existience.. I'll huddle with Zombo to see what his opinion is about sharing emails as a .pdf with long time posters who we can trust with said information.  Obnoxious noobs excluded.  :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ballpeen said:

I guess my question is, what remains to be seen?

I suppose he could do something to become one, but as of right now, what makes him a bad owner?

We still have Depo and his laptop running the team...

43 minutes ago, nickers said:

We still have Depo and his laptop running the team...

Get real. It's well known EVERY team has a Depodesta equivalent in residence now. And FWIW, I extremely doubt he has the final say on most of the big decisions.  

• Haha 1

On 2/12/2022 at 12:20 PM, 69Rixter said:

55 yr. Browns fan

Do you happen to play the accordion?

9 hours ago, hoorta said:

Get real. It's well known EVERY team has a Depodesta equivalent in residence now. And FWIW, I extremely doubt he has the final say on most of the big decisions.  

I agree, and I consider Depo an asset.

I'd rather have the team examine players and procedures in depth rather than go with a gut feeling and throw a dart.  I do agree, it is hard to measure or quantify "heart". Those guys also don't usually turn in to solid starters.  They are your special teams core.  Go ahead and draft one in the 6th or 7th round, or sign as a UDFA.  Utah has a receiver who might fit the mold, more as a punt return guy.  Britian Covet is maybe 5'7" and 160 lbs. He might make it as a receiver, but the kid has heart.  He sure seems to be able to wiggle his way down field on punt and kick returns. I would bring him in just for that.

Britain Covey Utah Highlights - YouTube

• Haha 1