THE BROWNS BOARD

Don't Visit Tennessee Any Time Soon (potentially)

MLD Woody

16 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

"As introduced, expands the definition of 'law enforcement officer' to include a person who has been issued an enhanced handgun carry permit; provided, that the permit is not suspended, revoked, or expired, for purposes of authority to carry a firearm under certain circumstances," the summary for the bill reads on the Tennessee General Assembly website."

the term enhanced regarding the permit would make me think it would be something akin to security guards? In which case it doesn't sound particularly outrageous. Does it to you?

WSS

7 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

"As introduced, expands the definition of 'law enforcement officer' to include a person who has been issued an enhanced handgun carry permit; provided, that the permit is not suspended, revoked, or expired, for purposes of authority to carry a firearm under certain circumstances," the summary for the bill reads on the Tennessee General Assembly website."

the term enhanced regarding the permit would make me think it would be something akin to security guards? In which case it doesn't sound particularly outrageous. Does it to you?

WSS

Yes, appears to be either an 8-hr. course, or if you possess one of the following:

https://www.tn.gov/content/dam/tn/safety/documents/handgun/EHCPTrainingRequirements.pdf

Enhanced Handgun Carry Permit:

To be eligible for the enhanced carry permit, Tenn. Code Ann. § 39-17-1351(e) requires applicants to complete “handgun safety course” approved by the Department of Safety that includes “both classroom hours and firing range hours” (exceptions made for certain law enforcement and military personnel). The specific contents of the course are regulated by the Department of Safety.

12 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

perhaps off duty and "retired" law enforcement? 

Lord knows there are alot of them now...

30 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

An 8 hour course doesn't qualify you to be law enforcement.  I highly doubt this will get passed.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

LOl...hell no!

Your over-the-top thread title implies Tennesse will turn into a war zone. Cancelling my trip to Nashville in April.

Being serious, an 8 hr. course is not sufficient IMO.

20 minutes ago, Gorka said:

LOl...hell no!

Your thread title implies Tennesse will turn into a war zone. Cancelling my trip to Nashville in April

Let's face it NBC is no less prone to hyperbolic headlines than red-state or ammoland.

WSS 

22 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

An 8 hour course doesn't qualify you to be law enforcement.  I highly doubt this will get passed.

That's true. I wonder how much training you need to carry as a security guard?

https://www.securityguardtraininghq.com/armed-security-guard-training-ohio/#:~:text=Ohio Firearms Training Requirements&text=Yearly qualifying is also required,identification card when on duty.

WSS

49 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

Oh Steve, you must be new to America and guns. 

The article I linked states there are almost 700,000 enhanced carry permits in Tennessee. 

There are only about 16,000 cops in Tennessee, who are, btw, against this bill. 

And all you have to do to get one is pay $100 and take an 8 hour training course (which is waived of you're ex military, security guard, etc ). (It's even less training to get a concealed permit btw)

I'm going to go out on limb and say there's a little more training involved in being a cop (which is still arguably not enough training). 

The "enhanced" permit was added in 2020. I would be surprised if part of the naming was to make people think it was harder to get, more training involved.... Fyi, exactly what you thought. 

38 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Let's face it NBC is no less prone to hyperbolic headlines than red-state or ammoland.

WSS 

You really love these false equivalencies, huh? I mean I know you do, but your statement above is hilarious. Equating NBC (this link was ABC btw) to red state and ammo land. Ha. Right. 

If 1 is super liberal and 10 is super conservative, a 4 isn't equally biased as a 9... But this board surrounds themselves with 8+s so it's not a surprise. 

Also, the thread title is mine. Not ABCs. 

14 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

You really love these false equivalencies, huh? I mean I know you do, but your statement above is hilarious. Equating NBC (this link was ABC btw) to red state and ammo land. Ha. Right. 

If 1 is super liberal and 10 is super conservative, a 4 isn't equally biased as a 9... But this board surrounds themselves with 8+s so it's not a surprise. 

Also, the thread title is mine. Not ABCs. 

So it's you trying to outdo red state with hyperbolic headlines. Got it. Not that you give a f*** about the topic but still...

as far has two responses it seems you're the only one triggered. It's not a wild story.

WSS

Just now, Westside Steve said:

So it's you trying to outdo red state with hyperbolic headlines. Got it. Not that you give a f*** about the topic but still...

WSS

And we see you just continuing to drive the thread to some place completely different... Shocker. Thank god there's only a month or so of this. 

700k people running around Tennessee being considered law enforcement because they did a one day class on handguns makes me want to visit Tennessee less. That's my thread title. 

If you want to focus on that and not the actual content of the article (which it's clear you didn't even skim by your first post), then you're missing the point. 

It was interesting seeing you believe "enhanced" actually meant something. Good case study for what I'm pretty sure they were going for.

8 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

And we see you just continuing to drive the thread to some place completely different... Shocker. Thank god there's only a month or so of this. 

700k people running around Tennessee being considered law enforcement because they did a one day class on handguns makes me want to visit Tennessee less. That's my thread title. 

If you want to focus on that and not the actual content of the article (which it's clear you didn't even skim by your first post), then you're missing the point. 

It was interesting seeing you believe "enhanced" actually meant something. Good case study for what I'm pretty sure they were going for.

Dude you want almost everybody stripped of their hand guns we get it. If you think most or a large percentage of those people would be not stable then I guess that's the reason for your opinion. I made sure they're from Tennessee and they might believe in God or something crazy. I can certainly see why there could be a problem somewhere but rationally questioning something isn't your  intention.

WSS

20 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Dude you want almost everybody stripped of their hand guns we get it. If you think most or a large percentage of those people would be not stable then I guess that's the reason for your opinion. I made sure they're from Tennessee and they might believe in God or something crazy. I can certainly see why there could be a problem somewhere but rationally questioning something isn't your  intention.

WSS

Holy fuck you're annoying man. Not once in here did I say anything about stripping people of hand guns, anything about religion, etc. 

This isn't about people owning guns. This is about considering almost 700,000 people in Tennessee as law enforcement because they (maybe) took an eight hour course. 

Do you think all of those people should be considered law enforcement? Pretty simple question. 

Hell, even other right wing posters have used common sense and said this was a bad idea. You seemed more concerned about your typical Steve routine and attempting to dunk on me, and failing.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

........  (from the article)   Although the legislation doesn't yet have any hearings scheduled and the assembly version has only one co-sponsor, it's already getting pushback, including from a police union who says it could ultimately lead to more gun violence.

Jonathan Gold, a Michigan-based firearms instructor and member of the non-profit Giffords Gun Owners for Safety, told ABC News the bill would encourage more vigilantism that would ultimately lead to more harm.

"I don't understand our regression to the old West, because this is what it feels like," he told ABC News. "I've studied the old West, and I don't think anyone wants to go back to the murder rate of Tombstone.".........

This just smells like a bad idea.    :(

I've been shooting and owning guns for about 60 years now since I first started shooting my dad's  .22 Springfield rifle when I was 11 years old.  I'm for proper training and even more for anyone to walk around with a gun in their pants. 

This push to let anyone with minimal amount of training  is just bad idea.  

6 minutes ago, Axe said:

The last time I was in Tenn it was not uncommon to see open carry people.

I believe open carry is allowed almost anywhere including Ohio and Tennessee.

Screenshot_2022-02-20_115437.jpg

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS 

That's true. I wonder how much training you need to carry as a security guard?

https://www.securityguardtraininghq.com/armed-security-guard-training-ohio/#:~:text=Ohio Firearms Training Requirements&text=Yearly qualifying is also required,identification card when on duty.

WSS

Security guards (armed) do not have LE powers.  Purely for defensive purposes.

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I try to sleep, they're wide awake, they won't let me alone
They don't get paid to take vacations or let me alone
They spy on me, I try to hide, they won't let me alone
They persecute me, they're the judge and jury all in one

Cause they're waiting for me
They're looking for me
Every single night they're driving me insane
Those men inside my brain

Holy fuck you're annoying man. Not once in here did I say anything about stripping people of hand guns, anything about religion, etc. 

This isn't about people owning guns. This is about considering almost 700,000 people in Tennessee as law enforcement because they (maybe) took an eight hour course. 

Do you think all of those people should be considered law enforcement? Pretty simple question. 

Hell, even other right wing posters have used common sense and said this was a bad idea. You seemed more concerned about your typical Steve routine and attempting to dunk on me, and failing.

Simmer down angry boy.

"When a felony has been committed, or there is reasonable ground to believe that a felony has been committed, any person without a warrant may arrest another whom he has reasonable cause to believe is guilty of the offense, and detain him until a warrant can be obtained."

so yes I suppose everyone that achieves the requirements necessary should and could be considered law enforcement. The above is the citizen's arrest statute. So we are already. I realize it doesn't fit into your plan of disarming everyone. No doubt it will pass and Tennessee will become the Wild West.

of course since you're unable to think for yourself using all or every is stupider than ever.

WSS 

36 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Simmer down angry boy.

"When a felony has been committed, or there is reasonable ground to believe that a felony has been committed, any person without a warrant may arrest another whom he has reasonable cause to believe is guilty of the offense, and detain him until a warrant can be obtained."

so yes I suppose everyone that achieves the requirements necessary should and could be considered law enforcement. The above is the citizen's arrest statute. So we are already. I realize it doesn't fit into your plan of disarming everyone. No doubt it will pass and Tennessee will become the Wild West.

of course since you're unable to think for yourself using all or every is stupider than ever.

WSS 

Alright Steve, I'm out. If other posters on here can reasonably say this is a bad idea, but you're just digging your typical Steve hole, doing anything you can to try an insult me, it's just not worth it. 

This has literally nothing to do with citizens arrest. It has nothing to do with disarming people. It has nothing to do with religion.

You're shotgun approach at vomiting unrelated topics into a post isn't accomplishing anything or moving any conversation forward. 

You may now return to your regularly scheduled circle jerk on this board. It's clear, based on what threads actually get replies, the echo chamber is boring...

Peace 

(I'll give you a Cookie if you can manage to not reply to this. You've never been able to stop yourself, literally ever, but just see if you can here ...)

1. If woodpecker ever looks up any of his subjects online, he will learn something.

Look up "only police should have guns". This article refers to a law that hasn't even been scheduled

for hearings.

2. There are "citizen arrests" in some? states. But that doesn't make them law enforcement employees. The idea is to counter to anti-2nd Amendment nutjobs who demand no one own guns. This is just another reaction to their attempted actions.

3. I look at it like this - I do NOT support the bill, but it does have a point. "only police should have guns" is an asinine leftwing control dream. If the left demands to "defund police"....why shouldn't Americans be able to make arrests then, eh?

For every action, there are reactions. The left doesn't get it, woodpecker doesn't get it, and a few other dipsticks who start trouble, then haha go after someone who simply reacts..... they don't get it, either.

4. This is just one reason why the lefty haters/antagonizers (probably not really a word...) fail most every time. Their actions are performed because of how lefties FEEL. Like Fidel Trudeau, they feel like they are "gods" and demand to have total control.

Historically, castro, mao, stalin, mussolini, hitler, napoleon, che, The emperor of Japan back in the day, nero...etc etc etc.....

There are people like that all around - it's a common human psychological anomaly. Higgardly clinton is one. obaMao is one.

This bill is not going to pass at all, but it has a point. That is all it is.

Look up the movement around the country that "only police should have guns". We've had the woodpecker was it? maybe someone else try to say the 2nd Amendment only applies to an official gov militia. "only police should have guns" is just an extension of that.

another ignorant attempt at a "gotcha".

right now, having to use a gun in legitimate self-defense has it's serious possible legal liabilities, you betcha.

The left in  sick blue states and cities have pushed gun control to the maximum they can make happen.

They keep it up, and start up state-wide to outlaw pistol ownership or concealed carry to only members of the police dept,

then by golly, if that movement succeeds, then I would support all concerned carry folks to technically be "members" of the law enforcement community as a defense against Americans being disarmed..

but not til then.

The lefties create their own misery, and demand to control others to try to FEEL good about themselves. It never works, I think.

Alright Steve, I'm beat. If other posters on here can reasonably say this is a bad idea, but you're just digging your typical Steve hole, doing anything you can to try an insult me, it's just not worth it. 

This has literally nothing to do with citizens arrest. It has nothing to do with disarming people. It has nothing to do with religion.

You're shotgun approach at vomiting unrelated topics into a post isn't accomplishing anything or moving any conversation forward. 

You may now return to your regularly scheduled circle jerk on this board. It's clear, based on what threads actually get replies, the echo chamber is boring...

Peace 

(I'll give you a Cookie if you can manage to not reply to this. You've never been able to stop yourself, literally ever, but just see if you can here ...)

FIFY

WSS

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I think it would be a hell of a lot safer visiting Tennessee than Chicago.

After all Black Lives Matter…just not in Chicago.

• Upvote 1

Alright Steve, I'm out. If other posters on here can reasonably say this is a bad idea, but you're just digging your typical Steve hole,

Lol,  you're delighted that for the first time everyone seems to agree with your view on a topic and along comes Steve to rain on your parade..

What a shame.

• Haha 2

Anybody that has a gun and approaches me telling me that they are a police officer that are not in uniform or not holding a badge is getting blasted no matter what state I'm in. Hell, anybody approaching me with a gun that I feel threatens my life is getting blasted.

4 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

No. The article does say that the 700k possess enhanced permits, but the bill hasn't passed yet.

I bet these 700k have the enhanced permits most likely obtained by qualifying through one of these criteria in the link below:

This 8 hr. course is for everyone else wanting an enhanced permit if the bill passes.

https://www.tn.gov/content/dam/tn/safety/documents/handgun/EHCPTrainingRequirements.pdf