THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker demands trade...

Zombo

Baker and his social media. <sigh>   He really should just sit quietly and let things run their course before coming out and saying anything.  Timing is everything.  You don't give your public good-bye until there's a deal in place and an announcement has been made.  Horse, then cart.  I mean, the possibility does exist that they can't work out a deal with ANY veteran QB and he has to play next year, since he's under contract.  Of course he could just sit out.  And / Or they could just decide to go with Keenum for a year.   

He's the best QB that we've had since our return...but the bar wasn't set all that high.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 3/16/2022 at 7:27 AM, Westside Steve said:

It's going to be extremely hard to remain a Browns fan. Even if they don't sign the POS Watson it's the sneaky underhanded lying front office that disgusts me. I've never been a fan of Jimmy Haslam but I'm even more disappointed by stefanski. F*** them all.

WSS

This is where I'm at.....screw Berry, Haslam, and the rest of these morons. I really liked Stephanski. Yes...Mayfield has been immature at times, but WTF?....he's 25 years old. If these geniuses think the answer is to trade away 3 first round picks for a guy who hasn't played in a year, and has the problems he has, then so be it. Good luck!.....let me know when Haslam sells the team. Doing crap like this insures that the Cleveland Browns are, and will continue to be the laughing stock of the NFL. I miss Art Modell.

• Upvote 3

On 3/16/2022 at 2:43 PM, Icecube said:

Does Jimmy even have a soul? Does he even know the difference between right and wrong?

Are you talking about the guy who came up with some scheme to rip off all his paying customers? I think it's safe to say his morals don't amount to all that much. 

So now they have alienated/betrayed their current QB (2 weeks after publicly declaring he was their guy) & made disparaging remarks about him to reporters (thereby lowering his trade value) - PLUS they insulted one of their starting CBs (Newsome) & half of easily the best RB tandem in the league (Kareem Hunt) by including them in a trade offer... all in an attempt to wager their entire present & future on a player that is facing league suspension & 22 civil cases (so far) of sexual assault. Brilliant! Couldn't make this stuff up.

15 minutes ago, laiccm said:

Pathetic, sensitive......trade his sorry azz to Detroit

You sound like a jilted lover.

For Fuck sake, Ray Charles could see this train wreck developing but the Browns front office couldn’t? 🤔

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

You sound like a jilted lover.

For Fuck sake, Ray Charles could see this train wreck developing but the Browns front office couldn’t? 🤔

Actually Baker is the one...his act is old...its not a train wreck by the FO...the train wreck is having someone as immature like Baker as QB...attack ex coaches, TV analysts, other players about their contracts  and now hus feelings hurt cuz they looked at someone elae....

I think they don't GAF about his feelings...I wouldn't either

30 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

So now they have alienated/betrayed their current QB (2 weeks after publicly declaring he was their guy) & made disparaging remarks about him to reporters (thereby lowering his trade value) - PLUS they insulted one of their starting CBs (Newsome) & half of easily the best RB tandem in the league (Kareem Hunt) by including them in a trade offer... all in an attempt to wager their entire present & future on a player that is facing league suspension & 22 civil cases (so far) of sexual assault. Brilliant! Couldn't make this stuff up.

Should we suspect he wants to move the team to another city?

just.......

haslam = asswhole.

31 minutes ago, laiccm said:

Actually Baker is the one...his act is old...its not a train wreck by the FO...the train wreck is having someone as immature like Baker as QB...attack ex coaches, TV analysts, other players about their contracts  and now hus feelings hurt cuz they looked at someone elae....

I think they don't GAF about his feelings...I wouldn't either

I think the timeline goes like this:

Browns: We love you Baker, we’re going to extend your 5th year and you are going to be our starter in 2022

Baker: Great, I had my surgery and I should be healed in time for Training Camp.

Browns: Hey Deshaun, we’re going to offer 3 first rounders and a bunch of starters (including Baker) if you are willing to patronize the NE Ohio massage parlors.

Baker: You want to trade me? Fuck you, I demand to be traded!

Browns: No we don’t want to trade you now!

Did I miss anything?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Regardless of what happens, you can't just add Baker's name to the QB jersey list. He has a playoff win against the hated Steelers under his belt. Love him or hate him, you have to give him credit for that. It's too bad he never took the next step in his career.

The Infamous Browns Jersey Of QB Failures Gets An Update - Daily Snark

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beare said:

The haslems totally shit this up.

This took a small village of idiots...

Chief strategy officer Paul DePodesta. DePodesta guided the searches that led to the Browns hiring Berry and Stefanski in January 2020. 

Jimmy Haslam / Browns signed DePodesta to a five-year contract extension in 2020. (Jimmy's other handy-man)

“Paul is incredibly smart and [has] a great thirst for learning, so having him as part of the organization and guiding the process and being here consistently has made a huge difference.Very, very smart and gets up the learning scale very quickly and has no ego*, just like Kevin* and Andrew*, and is a good team player and just an all-around great person to work with,” Jimmy Haslam said.

The *No EGO's*... just 'now' did not collide with Baker's ego... Dorsey's ego pick !

2 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Browns: We love you Baker, we’re going to extend your 5th year and you are going to be our starter in 2022

Baker: Great, I had my surgery and I should be healed in time for Training Camp.

Browns: Hey Deshaun, we’re going to offer 3 first rounders and a bunch of starters (including Baker) if you are willing to patronize the NE Ohio massage parlors.

Did I miss anything?

Nope...lol

3 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Did I miss anything?

Yes, you missed the part where the Browns were shocked by his reaction. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Frenchie said:

Does anyone else think DW said no to Cleveland because we didn’t draft him when we had the chance? He’s been quoted before that he hates Cleveland for doing that.

He's from the South, played college ball in the South, and started his NFL career in the South. 

He looked absolutely miserable in the shitty weather the last time he played here in 2020. You can tell he did not care for playing in the elements.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Neo said:

Regardless of what happens, you can't just add Baker's name to the QB jersey list. He has a playoff win against the hated Steelers under his belt. Love him or hate him, you have to give him credit for that. It's too bad he never took the next step in his career.

The Infamous Browns Jersey Of QB Failures Gets An Update - Daily Snark

Put Fakers name on it. No.1 overall pick 👎👎👎👎🤮🤮🤮🤮

10 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

He's from the South, played college ball in the South, and started his NFL career in the South. 

He looked absolutely miserable in the shitty weather the last time he played here in 2020. You can tell he did not care for playing in the elements.

Again, I applaud the aggressive thinking in pursuit of a Franchise QB, but IMHO this is the first “poorly thought out” move by this front office. I’m glad it didn’t work - if it had, they’d all be fired 2 years from now or sooner - It would have been a PR.nightmare. And having gauged the low probability that DW would have selected Cleveland, the resulting issues with Baker, their lack of trust, their lack of morales, - what a mess! The FO should have been smarter than this. If pushed by ownership, then I hope they read this post and hear fans calling them morons (amongst other things),

• Upvote 1