THE BROWNS BOARD

Besides the allegation,.like v dislike of the trade

laiccm

2 hours ago, nickers said:

Yeah , When Ditka made that deal I was HORRIFIED!... Ricky loved weed too much for his own good...

Who doesn’t?

15 hours ago, lodilobo said:

I like Watson as a player....don't like him as a person. I hate that all his $230 million is guaranteed. What's his motivation for the next 5 years? I won't like it ( well, maybe I will), if Baker's new team goes deep in the playoffs and we still suck

image.thumb.png.cfe7bfef139c32dfccfa082c9c440964.png

Just because a player is accused doesn't mean they are guilty...I will wait on judgement of Watson after all the information is in.

6 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Jimmy & Dee Haslam statement...FOTdfkhWUAUILGt.jpg.487d85cca7beadd824d888a823fec4c4.jpgt

Yeah, no possibility whatsoever Watson was selling you a line of complete bullshit, and you bought it hook, line and sinker.  :(   

4 hours ago, Gorka said:

What I don't like is his poor record against winning teams. Just what the Browns need.

"Since entering the NFL in 2017, Deshaun Watson is 7-19 (.269) against teams that finished the season with a winning record."

"In 2020, Deshaun Watson was 0-9 (.000) against winning teams as the starting quarterback."

https://www.sportsandfitnessdigest.com/deshaun-watson-record-against-winning-teams/

And the 2020 Texans pretty much sucked... 

1. Rather Watson was selling BS or not, He is better than Baker at QB and Bajer isn't taking a team to the SB

2. To mention the 2020 season for the Texans is just....ridiculous because it was a dumpster fire ( see: Why Watt left)the fact he still led the league in passing that year is surreal

8 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Yes that one came to mind as well but that was only one first. For the record Ricky Williams really disappointed me he seemed like a nice kid. Oh well. So did Josh Gordon I guess.

WSS

As did JFF for me. But at least Von Miller is still signing huge multiyear contracts to try to help a third team win a SB. Quite an accomplishment for a 33 y.o. 2nd rounder.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

As did JFF for me. But at least Von Miller is still signing huge multiyear contracts to try to help a third team win a SB. Quite an accomplishment for a 33 y.o. 2nd rounder.

The bigger problem with Ricky was he was a really nice guy....too nice and he didn't like football. He was just really good at it

I hate the trade.

I'm very disappointed in giving up the picks and paying a guy who didn't want to play in CLE; paying him so much that he became willing to play where he didn't want to play. 

The Steelers would never pay $100's of millions to a serial sexual predator QB, but all jokes aside, this is a terrible trade.  At least Baker wanted to play for CLE.  When it comes time to flush Baker down the toilet, nobody is gonna wanna pick up his $19M contract because when a starter leaves CLE he becomes a backup.  

First CLE committed to the 5th year option with Baker, then decided to replace him with a guy who didn't play for a year and may be facing a suspension.

I watched HOU @ PIT and was genuinely unimpressed. Watson had zero rushing attempts and was sacked 4 times.  Expect the same when it CLE - PIT.

His record against the division is terrible.

Screen Shot 03-21-22 at 06.25 PM.PNG

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Dick Mellon said:

I hate the trade.

I'm very disappointed in giving up the picks and paying a guy who didn't want to play in CLE; paying him so much that he became willing to play where he didn't want to play. 

The Steelers would never pay $100's of millions to a serial sexual predator QB, but all jokes aside, this is a terrible trade.  At least Baker wanted to play for CLE.  When it comes time to flush Baker down the toilet, nobody is gonna wanna pick up his $19M contract because when a starter leaves CLE he becomes a backup.  

First CLE committed to the 5th year option with Baker, then decided to replace him with a guy who didn't play for a year and may be facing a suspension.

I watched HOU @ PIT and was genuinely unimpressed. Watson had zero rushing attempts and was sacked 4 times.  Expect the same when it CLE - PIT.

I may disagree with all your points but I truly understand all your points.

I don't care if someone wants to play...I just want them to produce. Be honest...If you werent a fan and you were getting drafted would you want to come here? If Cleveland didn't have the 1st pick would Baker really have chosen us? The city that shares the state with OSU? Only 2 players in sports do I think ever wanted to play here...Kosar and Lebron.

The Texans organization was trash and had trash around Watson so much that Watt apologized to Watson before he himself left. Yet...he put up huge numbers. Think about all Mayfield ahs had around him....top line, top defense, top running game, Landy, OBJ.....yet...You know what stafford's reord was against winning squads?

I think the FO so the new normal...the last 2 Superbowl winner shave ready made SB teams like the Browns then huge upgrade at Q...Boom

38 minutes ago, laiccm said:

I think the FO so the new normal...the last 2 Superbowl winner shave ready made SB teams like the Browns then huge upgrade at Q...Boom

Steelers fan Jimmy Haslam said that he wanted to make the Browns organization like the Steelers. PIT never would have done this deal.  I hope I'm wrong because I want CLE to be competitive.  I hope it works out for CLE.

Here is 44 seconds of highlights for Watson vs PIT.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Dick Mellon said:

Steelers fan Jimmy Haslam said that he wanted to make the Browns organization like the Steelers. PIT never would have done this deal.  I hope I'm wrong because I want CLE to be competitive.  I hope it works out for CLE.

You posted this 7 times dude. Use your delete feature.

1 hour ago, laiccm said:

I may disagree with all your points but I truly understand all your points.

I don't care if someone wants to play...I just want them to produce. Be honest...If you werent a fan and you were getting drafted would you want to come here? If Cleveland didn't have the 1st pick would Baker really have chosen us? The city that shares the state with OSU? Only 2 players in sports do I think ever wanted to play here...Kosar and Lebron.

The Texans organization was trash and had trash around Watson so much that Watt apologized to Watson before he himself left. Yet...he put up huge numbers. Think about all Mayfield ahs had around him....top line, top defense, top running game, Landy, OBJ.....yet...You know what stafford's reord was against winning squads?

I'd make that 1.

LeBron had no desire to come here. None. He had a lot of animosity toward Cleveland growing up, and made it a point let people know he was from Akron, not Cleveland.

Him making the decision "to take his talents to Miami" was an easy one for him.

LeBron James On Growing Up In Akron: 'We Hated Cleveland' - SB Nation Cleveland

Him wearing Yankees caps to Indians games and growing up a Cowboy fan is telling as well.

LeBron's out-of-town loyalties rub some Cleveland fans wrong (espn.com)

But you're right about one thing, no one desires to play in Cleveland.  Players that come here say the right things and truly want to help this team win, but when things start to go bad they no longer give a shit because the attitude seems to be "hey, this is Cleveland, just pay me my money"

Whereas Pittsburgh hadn't had a losing in what, 30 years?  They end up 8-8 when they should be 3-13.  They overachieve, putting on that Black and Gold does that to them. They overachieve because they want no part in turning a winning franchise into a loser.

I'd bet that if you'd put an 8-8 Steeler team in Brown and Orange and send them to Cleveland they'd end up 3-13.

There is no other explanation I could think of as to why one has been so bad for so ridiculously long and another be good for so ridiculously long.

• Like 1

On 3/19/2022 at 1:56 PM, laiccm said:

I like we didn't have to give up a player

I like he is a true amd solid upgrade over Baker

I dont like giving up the picks

I dont like he has the problem with the cold

You?

From 1999 to 2021, the Browns spent 5 first-round picks on the chance that one might turn out to be a young franchise QB. In 2022, they spent three first round picks on someone who already is young franchise QB. 

As far as I'm concerned, we got a steal. Draft picks are over-valued because everyone assumes best-case scenarios, but fact is that at least one of those picks will be a bust.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Gorka said:

I'd make that 1.

LeBron had no desire to come here. None. He had a lot of animosity toward Cleveland growing up, and made it a point let people know he was from Akron, not Cleveland.

Him making the decision "to take his talents to Miami" was an easy one for him.

LeBron James On Growing Up In Akron: 'We Hated Cleveland' - SB Nation Cleveland

Him wearing Yankees caps to Indians games and growing up a Cowboy fan is telling as well.

LeBron's out-of-town loyalties rub some Cleveland fans wrong (espn.com)

But you're right about one thing, no one desires to play in Cleveland.  Players that come here say the right things and truly want to help this team win, but when things start to go bad they no longer give a shit because the attitude seems to be "hey, this is Cleveland, just pay me my money"

Whereas Pittsburgh hadn't had a losing in what, 30 years?  They end up 8-8 when they should be 3-13.  They overachieve, putting on that Black and Gold does that to them. They overachieve because they want no part in turning a winning franchise into a loser.

I'd bet that if you'd put an 8-8 Steeler team in Brown and Orange and send them to Cleveland they'd end up 3-13.

There is no other explanation I could think of as to why one has been so bad for so ridiculously long and another be good for so ridiculously long.

I disagree.....I'm from Akron and as kids we hated Cleveland like a big brother but I know almost personally he wanted to "Light up C-town like New York"...Decision to go to miami and even leave the 2nd time is because the Cavs owner is a moron but that's another discussion..

Yeah....It's just production and thus wins...all I care about. You can hate it here, hate the fans...hate me....just win

14 hours ago, Gorka said:

What I don't like is his poor record against winning teams. Just what the Browns need.

"Since entering the NFL in 2017, Deshaun Watson is 7-19 (.269) against teams that finished the season with a winning record."

"In 2020, Deshaun Watson was 0-9 (.000) against winning teams as the starting quarterback."

https://www.sportsandfitnessdigest.com/deshaun-watson-record-against-winning-teams/

2020 was a tank job, didn't want to be part of a rebuild which is why he demanded a trade then in good ole Texas style the sexual allegations flood in. Not saying they didn't happen but football towns have a way of suppressing leaks of these events. Brett Favre didn't start doing similar behavior only when he joined the Jets, definitely happened in Green Bay I'm sure.

5 hours ago, Dick Mellon said:

Thanks for sharing!  All the guys that couldn't wait to show Baker looking like that in the 2021 season repeatedly will excuse it. They made his worst season the rule - not the exception to it.

Didn't we score 48 points at Pittsburgh in January of 2021?   A lot of guys only want to cling to what Baker looked like holding onto the ball too long in the pocket playing injured in 2021 or bad decisions under pressure.  Everyone else in our offense was perfect, at least allegedly.

The Browns COULD have kept Baker for his final year and drafted a QB at #13 (Pickett, Corral, Willis, Strong) so we didn't lose so much of our cap and 1st round picks with the previous plan.  

Edited by Flugel
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Dick Mellon said:

I hate the trade.

so i take it that you are not going to get a watson jersey

On 3/20/2022 at 8:31 AM, lodilobo said:

I like Watson as a player....don't like him as a person. I hate that all his $230 million is guaranteed. What's his motivation for the next 5 years? I won't like it ( well, maybe I will), if Baker's new team goes deep in the playoffs and we still suck

First, with the new TV deals set for next year and the gambling revenue that will roll in, what seems high at this time will probably be at least normal if not mid range for a top tier QB.  QB's almost always make the most money on a team.  As the cap goes up, the money spread as a percentage will still remain similar as it has been.  QB's are going to be signing larger and larger deals.

As for motivation, one has to hope a player has pride, and when you get down to it, once a player in todays market passes his guaranteed money, why do they stay motivated?  I mean once you have a certain amount in the bank I don't see players quit trying.  If anything, they might retire, but if they do that they won't get paid the rest of the contract.  I am sure the guarantee in place still has common outs if the player retires, and basic personal conduct clauses that could void the deal..